FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

DocSnyder wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 pm I only hope they don't overdo it. They've released Pro-MB exactly for these task some wish to accomplish with Pro-Q know. FF seems reasonable enough to think about long time why/how they put certain features in it or not.
Right, function over features.

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:42 pm If you have the plugin active across mulltiple instances, can’t you link the spectrum of one instance to the dynamically activated band of another?
Neutron sussed this. Come on Fabfilter!

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:53 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:42 pm If you have the plugin active across mulltiple instances, can’t you link the spectrum of one instance to the dynamically activated band of another?
Neutron sussed this. Come on Fabfilter!
I do appreciate FabFilter keeping their products very focused and easy to use while still being powerful, I think this side-chain-to-band issue is a bit of a miss on their part. They already have it implemented for the analyzer. So at this point it's not significant scope-creep to add it into the band. I am fine with not having filters on the side-chain in this regard - I can just set that up with an AUX. They might as well at this point link up the side-chain in, to the band - this would add considerable power to Q3 and not impede that sense of focus I mentioned. :phones:

Personally I havent updated anything that cost that much to update. EQ was expensive but worth it and I likely would never use the function, not that it isn't good

Thank God that sidechain >> dynamic band thing isn't working ATM.

Cause otherwise, I'd be very tempted to get the q3 (as it is, I'm sticking with Q2).

We hear you! :)
Cheers,
Frederik (FabFilter) — Dec 5, 2018
from official forum thread with sc-request: https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/post/3340#reply
Murderous duck!

That was a really stupid business decision, to omit sc keying from a dynamic EQ tool. Granted what's there is nice but this omission seriously depricates FabFilter's stature in my mind. They only omitted it because they want people to buy pro-MB. Which, they wont. This omission is a blight on an otherwise nice tool. But for me, FabFilter has lost any deserved hype by making such an obviously greedy decision. They may want to take a break from the business to re-invigorate some lossy passion. :roll: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:38 am That was a really stupid business decision, to omit sc keying from a dynamic EQ tool. Granted what's there is nice but this omission seriously depricates FabFilter's stature in my mind. They only omitted it because they want people to buy pro-MB. Which, they wont. This omission is a blight on an otherwise nice tool. But for me, FabFilter has lost any deserved hype by making such an obviously greedy decision. They may want to take a break from the business to re-invigorate some lossy passion. :roll: :phones:
.. and here we have Plexuss once again jumping to conclusions and blaming people he don't know at all for being greedy.

No need for thought or deeper analysis of anything (ala his Pro-L niggles that made no sense).

I knew there was a reason I had him on my ignore list. No idea why I removed him for a while. Back he goes.

EDIT: I think he is carrying a grudge against FabFilter. This dude seems to be really quick in carrying grudges against all kinds of entities. He also has one against Acustica Audio.. and who knows how many other companies.

Plexuss man, what's the deal? Why you being so silly?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 am .. and here we have Plexuss once again jumping to conclusions and blaming people he don't know at all for being greedy.

No need for thought or deeper analysis of anything (ala his Pro-L niggles that made no sense).

I knew there was a reason I had him on my ignore list. No idea why I removed him for a while. Back he goes.
In the FabFilter forum on this topic, FabFilter says that they wanted to keep the UI simple in Q3 and suggested people should buy pro-MB for side-chain filtering. I think what it comes down to is that by putting dynamic EQ in Q3 they exposed themselves to a business risk - that people would realize the obvious omission of sc in Q3 and feel pressured to buy pro-MB. This has happened, as many here and in their forum have expressed. The reason to put sc in Q3 is to complete a ubiquitous feature-set and provide users with their expected functionality. But this would compete with pro-MB and sales would likely fall. They went in the direction of maximizing profits over providing a good user experience - aka greed. Sure, there is subjectivity in my deeper anaysis, but so what. discuss it, instead of acting like a child. :phones:

But they ARE considering the feature request. You are COMPLETELY jumping to conclusions before any verdict has been cast..

You ALWAYS jump to conclusions in everything you write. It's a bad habit you may want to try to address, ok?

Also you very quickly seem to be writing quite nasty things about people you don't know at all. Don't know why you feel the need to do that (FabFilter not being at all the only ones). How about trying to be a nice human being sometimes and giving people the benefit of a doubt for a few months before jumping to conclusions?

bmanic wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:04 am But they ARE considering the feature request. You are COMPLETELY jumping to conclusions before any verdict has been cast..

You ALWAYS jump to conclusions in everything you write. It's a bad habit you may want to try to address, ok?

Also you very quickly seem to be writing quite nasty things about people you don't know at all. Don't know why you feel the need to do that (FabFilter not being at all the only ones). How about trying to be a nice human being sometimes and giving people the benefit of a doubt for a few months before jumping to conclusions?
Thank god you aren't my girlfriend. :phones:
Last edited by plexuss on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

.. oh and the basic operation of a dynamic EQ has not been external sidechaining. Traditionally a dynamic EQ is operating at the difference of the actual filter being the dynamic sidechain itself. Only in the past few years have some dynamic EQ started to allow external sidechain linking. This is a specialty feature for the most part, not the main operating principle.

plexuss wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:10 am
bmanic wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:04 am But they ARE considering the feature request. You are COMPLETELY jumping to conclusions before any verdict has been cast..

Thank god you aren't my girlfriend. :phones:
.. and there you go, continuing being a complete ass. And a misogynist it seems too. I'd be rather surprised if you actually had a girlfriend considering you don't seem to like being called out for your behaviour. :roll:

Anyhow, ignore is going back on now so don't expect replies. There's no point in discussing with unreasonable people. Waste of energy.

Using computers to produce music was a "specialty feature", not the main operating principle, back in the day.

Ghost Dog wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:13 am Using computers to produce music was a "specialty feature", not the main operating principle, back in the day.
Making music was a "specialty feature" back in the day.. not the main operating principle. Two can play this game. :hihi:

Return to “Effects”