FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

2:43AM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:37 am Looking possibly to upgrade my Pro-Q2 to Pro-Q3 with their current discount going on right now.
Have a look at this link for the price before you upgrade. I did yesterday. :)

https://www.bestservice.com/pro-q3_update.html

$ gave the best price for me. Oh, and it is currently $0.5 less than what I paid. ;)

^^^
Thanks! Yes, that is a fantastic price! Lower than my in-account upgrade pricing with existing FF plugs.

Anyone have any comments to my previous questions?

That site has some crazy prices. Gonna bookmark it for sure.

Short and to the point. Is there anything Q3 can do that Q2 couldn't do? I'm honestly not seeing a compelling reason to upgrade.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:40 pm Short and to the point. Is there anything Q3 can do that Q2 couldn't do? I'm honestly not seeing a compelling reason to upgrade.
Dynamic EQ for all bands, if desired, for starters

jsp1979 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:52 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:40 pm Short and to the point. Is there anything Q3 can do that Q2 couldn't do? I'm honestly not seeing a compelling reason to upgrade.
Dynamic EQ for all bands, if desired, for starters
+ New filter types
+ Masking/collision detection with other Q3 instances
+ Workflow improvements like m/s/l/r/stereo per band
+ ext sidechain for dynmamic bands

Q2 vs Q3 details:

NEW - Optional Dynamic EQ mode for all bands (Bell and Shelf shapes), using any slope setting and with perfect analog matching, with optional external side chain triggering

NEW - Ultra-steep 'Brickwall' slope setting for LP and HP filters

NEW - Full surround support (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2) with intelligent speaker selection

NEW - External spectrum visualization from any other Pro-Q 3 instance, including collision detection

NEW - Per-band mid/side or left/right processing, so you can EQ the mid, side, left or right signals separately

NEW - Flat Tilt filter shape, a flat tilting correction curve over the whole audible frequency spectrum

IMPROVED - Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive EQ display, multi-band selection and editing for maximum ease of use and efficiency

IMPROVED - Spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer right away!

IMPROVED - Filter shapes: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut, Band Pass, Tilt Shelf, Flat Tilt

IMPROVED - EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another Pro-Q 3 instance or an external signal

IMPROVED - Built-in spectrum analyzer with Pre-EQ, Post-EQ and external spectrum visualization, adjustable range, speed, resolution, tilt, freeze and collision detection

IMPROVED - Supports stereo, mono and surround channel layouts (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2)

IMPROVED - MIDI Learn with option to control the currently active band

Wow! Okay, quite a bit actually. What's the upgrade price? I'm sure it has to be quite a bit with all that added functionality.

Right now with the sale I got mine for $42 at bestservice. Was a better price than my account.

yehboy1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:34 pm That site has some crazy prices. Gonna bookmark it for sure.
Not trying to hijack this about https://www.bestservice.com, but I hadn't heard of that site either. I bought a FabFilter bundle from JRRShop during this sale and was happy with the price, but WOW. They have the Total Bundle for $475 right now. That same bundle sold for $570 in the last charity auction for perspective. $34 per plugin is a pretty amazing deal for FabFilter.

Has the collision detection improved mixes for anyone? Looking for real-world comments, if any. Thanks in advance.

I did pick up Pro-Q3 in this sale. I wonder what people think about Pro-Q3 dynamic EQ vs Pro-MB, multi band compression...when to use one vs the other?

I also thought about getting their Desser, but decided I can live without that one..

Best Service has great prices, I got the essentials pack for $193, without ever having owned any fabfilter stuff before. Once I got it I logged in and saw some discounts, but honestly, unless I spend a few hundred bucks on numerous products, I don't get much discount on the one or two that I'm actually interested in. The discount price for just Pro-MB and Pro-DS, for example, would work out about the same as Best Service. But if I added a bunch of other stuff (that I don't really want or need), I could get them down to like $60 each, which is pretty darn cheap.

I don't know if Fab-Filter will make my mixes sound any better, but the workflow is just really nice. I think it may make me faster..and perhaps I will do a better job at EQing too, in quicker time, but we shall see. Soundwise, I think they are just clean sounding and transparent plugins, similar as what you get in your DAW, but with just an amazing GUI workflow and its gorgeous to look at too.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Yeah, Pro-Q3 at this price is going to be pretty hard to resist. Are current users happy with the dynamic section or do you find yourself having to turn to a dedicated dynamic EQ (Sonnox, Nova, ect) for mixing duties?
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

Dewdman42 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:59 pm I did pick up Pro-Q3 in this sale. I wonder what people think about Pro-Q3 dynamic EQ vs Pro-MB, multi band compression...when to use one vs the other?
Pro MB obviously will be better due to offered flexibility and because it is dedicated to band dynamic work.

But think this way if you already do the work where you havent used Pro MB or havent thought of using it means, maybe it means you dont need it and pro Q3 is enough?.

For those who don't have any FabFilter plugins yet, this is the best chance to get them or regret later. I wish I had not got them earlier.

I have Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2 and Saturn, as they are the best and most useful for my purpose at least. I paid more than the price the Mixing bundle is currently at. They are worth it though.

But since this sale is hot and I don't think FabFilter will do this big sale anytime soon, I wanted to know if there is any other plugin really worth considering.

Return to “Effects”