Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
dermage
KVRist
406 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Huh?
their recent releases were top notch. Metric ab, byome, Phil, iron definitely not impulse buys. At least not for me.

jbarish
KVRist
386 posts since 28 Apr, 2017

Re: Plugin Alliance new transfer policy causes concerns and shall be corrected...

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:11 pm

dermage wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 pm
Huh?
their recent releases were top notch. Metric ab, byome, Phil, iron definitely not impulse buys. At least not for me.
Good luck if want to sell any of them.

Tappistry
KVRian
1240 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Plugin Alliance new transfer policy causes concerns and shall be corrected...

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:15 pm

martinjuenke wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:36 pm
The prices for their older plugins have completely crumbled in the second hand market ...
Plugin Alliance doesn't seem to disclose changelogs on their site for any of their plugins, say nothing of the "older" ones. Wonder why that is? :wink:

yellowmix
KVRian
965 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from morf frmo omfr form romf

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:08 pm

dermage wrote:
How long did you demo them for before buying? Were the time limits on the discounts a factor? Would you buy them at the regular price?

They are not impulse buys for everyone. But they are impulse buys for many people. And the marketing tactics rely on that. I don't think that's a controversial statement if you know marketing.

yellowmix
KVRian

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Tappistry wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:15 pm
Plugin Alliance doesn't seem to disclose changelogs on their site for any of their plugins, say nothing of the "older" ones. Wonder why that is? :wink:
Yeah, it's not where you would expect it to be, both/either on the product page itself or in "Manager Registered Plugins" right next to the download links.

You need to go to the FAQ/Support page here:https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html

Then scroll all the way down to or Ctrl-F for "Update History". Then expand whatever you're interested in.

Tappistry
KVRian
1240 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 pm

yellowmix wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 pm
Tappistry wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:15 pm
Yeah, it's not where you would expect it to be, both/either on the product page itself or in "Manager Registered Plugins" right next to the download links.

You need to go to the FAQ/Support page here:https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html

Then scroll all the way down to or Ctrl-F for "Update History". Then expand whatever you're interested in.
Well I'm glad my smartass comment could be proven wrong, at least. But that is an unusual place to put that info. Never would have thought to look there.

And it's not even in the download manager app either. :dog:

dermage
KVRist
406 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:58 pm

yellowmix wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:08 pm
dermage wrote:
How long did you demo them for before buying? Were the time limits on the discounts a factor? Would you buy them at the regular price?

They are not impulse buys for everyone. But they are impulse buys for many people. And the marketing tactics rely on that. I don't think that's a controversial statement if you know marketing.
I'm on your side about marketing tactics like not showing price etc. But I did demo them until the full extent (e.g. Last day of trial/sale end). I'm not saying I had no regrets buying some plugs there, but that's not exclusive to them either. I still think their stuff is in the top tier after using fur months.

And no, would not buy at normal price. That's their model. Similar to waves, you can only buy them at several sales a year Or second hand, where I got probably half of their stuff after demoing first of course.

ere2learn
KVRAF
1626 posts since 3 May, 2014

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:59 pm

All my plug-ins are available for transfer now,only had 4 four that didn't show up previously for transfer,never contacted support for a transfer request

yellowmix
KVRian

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks, I checked my account and they showed up for me as well. However, the terms above it have not changed. So while it seems affected licenses are grandfathered in, it's still unclear if the policy applies to new purchases/transfers.

plexuss
KVRAF
2798 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:20 pm

yellowmix wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm
Thanks, I checked my account and they showed up for me as well. However, the terms above it have not changed. So while it seems affected licenses are grandfathered in, it's still unclear if the policy applies to new purchases/transfers.
See this post

viewtopic.php?p=7280637#p7280637

yellowmix
KVRian

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 pm

Yes, I recall that. So we don't know if these items were moved to be transferable automatically or manually but it's a good sign. We don't know if that change is linked to their ability to change the text but as the text hasn't I believe it is still unresolved. I trust their statement to you was made in good faith but I'm still in wait-and-see mode. I will only change my position if the text changes, as everyone needs to believe it for anyone to be able to second-hand sell a license at an unencumbered price.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3239 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:43 pm

Actually the second hand market for PA is dead. Look at feedback thread, virtually nothing is bought although their products are offered in masses...

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

iftango
KVRist
129 posts since 14 Sep, 2006 from here and beyond

Post Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:33 am

yellowmix wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 pm
I will only change my position if the text changes, as everyone needs to believe it for anyone to be able to second-hand sell a license at an unencumbered price.
Maybe if we follow the sales on the feedback thread we can just ask a recent buyer if his license is transferable or not.

db3
KVRAF
2049 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Post Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:35 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:43 pm
Actually the second hand market for PA is dead. Look at feedback thread, virtually nothing is bought although their products are offered in masses...
I guess that's what this guy was trying to explain to Dirk ;)

-dthree-

soulone82
KVRian
901 posts since 16 Aug, 2010 from almost everywhere...

Post Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:11 am

db3 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:35 am
I guess that's what this guy was trying to explain to Dirk ;)
You are absolutely right!

Return to “Effects”