Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see Reason Studios is running "May Madness" until May 31. 30% off everything. That makes Pattern Mutator $49, as well as some other interesting "Player Devices". I have Suite 11, for using the Rack in other DAWS. I was holding out in hopes some new toys would be added to the next version. Since they killed future SUITE releases (there will still be a "regular" upgrade path to 12 apart from subscription), I am pondering... Several of the MIDI players in the Suite 11 rack are quite nice (Drum Sequencer, Quad Note Gen, Beat Map...)
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Komplete S49, Ableton Live 12, FL 21, Studio One

I'm considering Pattern Mutator in this sale, too. I need to review some YouTube videos, though, to see how powerful it really is - still seems a little expensive to me on its face, but certainly more in the realm of reality at $49 rather than $69.

bharris22 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:34 am I'm considering Pattern Mutator in this sale, too. I need to review some YouTube videos, though, to see how powerful it really is - still seems a little expensive to me on its face, but certainly more in the realm of reality at $49 rather than $69.
So... I watched some YouTube vids and was encouraged, but to be honest, I didn't get much in an hour of playing with the Pattern Mutator demo. "Garbage in Garbage out" I guess :hihi: I will spend some more time with it before moving on.
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Komplete S49, Ableton Live 12, FL 21, Studio One

I bought Robotic Bean sequences for reason. It was heavily discounted at 39$CAD from 99$. Any opinions on it? I haven't had a chance to play with it much.

https://www.jrrshop.com/audiomodern-chordjam

$39.95 at JRR using coupon groupauto, regular price $59. May be an intro sale. Audiomodern is not showing it on their site at this writing. Several YT links with info at JRR

Release notes:

What is Chordjam?

Chordjam is an innovative plugin that builds chords and progression patterns through intuitive user-guided randomization.
It automatically randomizes a unique combination of parameters, serving up unpredictable but always-musical variations.

CHORD BETTER THAN BEST

IGNITE MUSIC CREATION • A NEW APPROACH

Unlike similar plugins, Chordjam uses intuitive user-guided randomization to go about its business,
bringing new elements for musical expression and delivers limitless inspiration and musical variety.

Built to Deliver
Limitless Inspiration and Compositional Variety

Features

Generate Random Chords
Trigger New Chords with Every Note Played
Unique Voicing Parameters
Intelligent Sequencer Engine
Arp Mode
Chord Progression & Pattern Presets
Generate Infinite Chord Patterns & Progressions
Everything is Synced to your Host tempo
Drag MIDI Chord
Drag MIDI pattern
Pads Section for Musical Performance

Quick Load preset Section
Choose Quantization settings
Suffle & Shift Mode
Advanced Infinity Mode
Set Sequence range & Motion Settings
Set Range for Transposition, Time-Delay and Velocity
Save & Load your own patterns
Send MIDI to any Device, Software & Hardware
Advanced MIDI CC/Mapping editor
No Two Chords will Ever be the Same
Delivering limitless inspiration and musical variety

Looks like groupbuyauto is automatically applied. Using coupon GROUP you can get a slightly better discount.
Sounds very interesting so far.

Wow, really like the streamlined interface on Chordjam. Features are similar to some other tools, but everything is very refined and easy to understand. Will probably pick this up later on during a sale.

Looks like a potential alternative to Scaler. Interface looks like it might be a bit more accessible. Still not appeared on the Audiomodern site so not sure you can actually download it yet.

SHall1000 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:01 pm Looks like a potential alternative to Scaler. Interface looks like it might be a bit more accessible. Still not appeared on the Audiomodern site so not sure you can actually download it yet.
It is on the audiomodern site here: https://audiomodern.com/shop/plugins/chordjam/
You can download a trial on the site so it should be available if you purchase it.

I'll tell you what, Output plugins Movement, Portal and Thermal sound amazing on guitar. Never heard anything that sounded so good. Also, Devious Machine plugins are up there in the same atmosphere.

killmaster wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:22 pm I'll tell you what, Output plugins Movement, Portal and Thermal sound amazing on guitar. Never heard anything that sounded so good. Also, Devious Machine plugins are up there in the same atmosphere.
These are not MIDI based effects.

ChordJam looks interesting enough so will get it this weekend.
I am always ready to try midi plugins and the sale price is reasonable.

BTW I just got a "Loyalty Discount" code from Audiomodern to get ChordJam for 29 Euros. I own Playbeat and Riffer. Check your email, I assume the code is unique.

SHall1000 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:01 pm Looks like a potential alternative to Scaler. Interface looks like it might be a bit more accessible. Still not appeared on the Audiomodern site so not sure you can actually download it yet.
Nowhere near the depths of Scaler, I’d position it somewhere between Instachord and Scaler.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:21 pm
Nowhere near the depths of Scaler, I’d position it somewhere between Instachord and Scaler.
I really don't see this as an alternative to Scaler. The "strength" of this thing is in the generative functions for not only chord progressions, but for chord voicings, sequencing and ARP. I could actually see myself feeding Scaler with ChordJam output.

Return to “Effects”