Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^^
Did you look at Harvest?
https://harvestplugin.com

David wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:27 pm ^^^
Did you look at Harvest?
https://harvestplugin.com
Looks cool! But no AU yet :/

I like Melody Sauce's approach on the other hand, but it seems geared towards EDM
I use it for slow, chill and ambient melodies and must say I really get some good melody lines from it, the general melody generation approach is not "stlye depended" on EDM I would say. What I have to say: I got the privilege of testing the (still in) beta new version and that has MUCH improved, you got the melody line now split in 4 parts and can edit each of it while still maintaining that "ease of use" (slow/fast/dark/light and so on) approach I really love.

I tried all of the tools mentioned, it really depends on your needs and if you prefer complexity or ease of use.

What I have to say: with midi out now reason rack with all of its players will be really hard to beat cause there you have evrything together (nearly like - or at least a cheap version of - Ableton with all the M4L tools) on one surface and with easy to use tools full of presets.

But sometimes it feels like evryday there is something great coming up new :-).

tatanka wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 pm
What I have to say: with midi out now reason rack with all of its players will be really hard to beat cause there you have evrything together on one surface and with easy to use tools full of presets.
Which players do you recommend especially?

Is reason 11 available as AU MIDI FX?

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:24 pm Is reason 11 available as AU MIDI FX?
Yes, it is. Works as Instrument as well.

hm, i have to give it a shot. been a long while, i think v5, since i last played with it.

Calenberger wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:14 pm
tatanka wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 pm
What I have to say: with midi out now reason rack with all of its players will be really hard to beat cause there you have evrything together on one surface and with easy to use tools full of presets.
The reason I do not get the Reason Intro with the Rack on sale at a very good price was that some of the Players were more expensive than the Reason Intro itself. But yes the Players look very capable and I have GAS, a volatile combination.

Plus, I am hoping that Architect will have all that capability in one package.

And as tatanka said "everyday there is something great [midi] coming up new"
It seem to me that we are in the middle of a midi fx revival.
So patience may be the word to follow!

I was loooong thinking on the update between lite and suite cause updating my standard from 10 to 11 was the worst option for me (really bad deal compared to the money spent), finally cause of the included players mainly I took the suite and so I got all included in the suite and so I can only say I mostly just try out and keep the one I love most.

So there is really no "best of", as they are all from reason they dont overlap much in use and are all kind of case-specific.

For example while getting crazy after the midi-out version came out yesterday I have an ambient track with slow one note pad sound where I wanted a little motion parallel to the ambience/pad.

First tried the note-echo but that wasnt it, then I ended (maybe not finally :-) ) with the poly step sequencer and the "generative keys" preset, feed that into nada and parallel into reasons parsec, then this one note track nearly gets into a song itself but still with not to much movement for the whole song, really incredible :-).

https://www.codefn42.com/chordz/
When chordz "easy mode" is enabled

MIDI Out for Rack has me looking at Reason again. All I have is an older freebie "Intro" version which apparently has no upgrade path. Any expectations of deals in the coming months (aside from BF thru xmas)??

EDIT- It appears ReasonStudios is offering an upgrade to 11 Full from v10 and earlier Lite/Intro for $199 until 3/31/2020 :clap:
Last edited by BluesMuse on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Komplete S49, Ableton Live 12, FL 21, Studio One

BluesMuse wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:19 pm MIDI Out for Rack has me looking at Reason again. All I have is an older freebie "Intro" version which apparently has no upgrade path. Any expectations of deals in the coming months (aside from BF thru xmas)??
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/propell ... -sale.html

Besides subbing the ReasonStudio mailing list, this is the main forum for news and info, tutorials, etc. that I know of:
https://forum.reasontalk.com/index.php

Return to “Effects”