Eventide Instant Phaser Mk II released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Must update my Anthology this evening.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

The only thing I don't love about this is the LFO. Am I the only one that finds it kind of jerky sounding in an awkward way? I've had much better results faking a sine LFO via VST automation in my host and setting it to manual. Otherwise, it really does sound better than anything else out there in plugin land.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:02 am The only thing I don't love about this is the LFO. Am I the only one that finds it kind of jerky sounding in an awkward way? I've had much better results faking a sine LFO via VST automation in my host and setting it to manual. Otherwise, it really does sound better than anything else out there in plugin land.
From the demo video I thought the same think but wan't sure if it was the source complicating what I was hearing. They do mention something more than a simple triangle is needed to model the original but if it's jerky that doesn't sound like it would be very a popular device. Got any6 audio you could upload to show what it is doing? That was the only thing making me hesitate.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Give it a quick demo...I think you'll hear it. It sounds like a triangle with a delay at one end. So pause, then sweep, then pause, then sweep. Basic sine and triangle options would be great additions to expand on the original.

Here's a track with one drum machine modulating the phaser via side chain while it processes another drum machine. It starts out with no modulation... then all hell breaks loose as I manipulate the controls (automation recording) :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/in ... pe/s-qh9RC

Sequent wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:37 am
Pingafuego wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 am Is it included with Anthology XI?
The current Anthology XI installer includes the MK11 phaser.
Sorry if I am a little slow ,.. but:

Got the Anthology XI, logging in on my account at Eventide, only able to purchase at the reduced price

No help or explonation, they just say its free, but still charge money at check-out

(normally with this kind of stuff you would just go through the procedure and bye for 0.0 usd)

Then I went online with my iLOK to se if any updates was showing up inside the Anthology XI map

But nothing new was showing up, everything else got their own tittle, so I guess the new one should also appear with its own name inside this map, anything else would be crazy

Can someone explain what I am missing ???

I would rather NOT have to run the installer on top of the current installation, especially if not needed, something could get curropted, I would prefer only to install the new Phaser MK2

And then again, how, and when, will the plug identify on the dongle ?

I can find any help from Eventide, in case there is, maybe someone could point me, and I will not have to go through the hazzle with support-ticket etc etc

Thanks in advance :-)
HM

I was able to download the installer from my Eventide account and did not need to purchase anything. As for running it on to of your current installation... have you tried running the installer? There is an option for selecting which items you want to install. Just check off only MKII Phaser and you should be good.

Sequent wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 pm I was able to download the installer from my Eventide account and did not need to purchase anything. As for running it on to of your current installation... have you tried running the installer? There is an option for selecting which items you want to install. Just check off only MKII Phaser and you should be good.
Cheers for that; oddly I havent had anything from Eventide about this, so it was all a bit underexplained.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Sequent wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 pm I was able to download the installer from my Eventide account and did not need to purchase anything. As for running it on to of your current installation... have you tried running the installer? There is an option for selecting which items you want to install. Just check off only MKII Phaser and you should be good.
Cheers for that; oddly I havent had anything from Eventide about this, so it was all a bit underexplained.
I also haven't heard anything at all, been checking my spam-map also, absolutely nothing :(

Only becourse I am lucky to see this thread I can take action in due time to not miss out

Yes the multi-installer is free to download for everyone on their site I guess

During the procces the option is there to only install some plugs

There was not installed anything Eventide on my labtop yet, so I gave it a go with the multi-installer, all plugs checked under install, and seems I succeded, nothing is changed in the iLOK, still the same name "instant flanger native", but the original one is gone in DAW, and only Mk II showing up now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HM

The original mk1 is available in downloads section under 'discontinued products'.

btw there's nothing about any time limit. Mk2 replaces Mk1 in anthology X/XI/any other relevant bundles. It clearly says it uses the same license. The Mk1 is still available as a separate download. Doesn't seem like anything to get upset about to me :shrug:

Yes, it's too simple for some, it seems. :razz:

They clearly state that it is free for owners of both Anthology X and XI and thus the only action that needs to be taken is install MK II whenever you feel like it. It's an update, not a new product - and updates typically work like this. Normally people tend to complain when it requires more than that. :lol:

Oh, and btw: vendors often tend to send e-mails a bit later in order to avoid the website being bogged down from all the traffic. If some get it now, some only when they receive the newsletter, traffic becomes more of an even tide.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

HM wrote: Only becourse I am lucky to see this thread I can take action in due time to not miss out
One wouldn't think that a free update could cause as much angst. :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hold up, this is free for people with Anthology X or XI? I just bought it...

bmanic wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 am Yes it is! Damn this thing sounds good. By far the best phaser I've heard in plugin format.
Ditto, just bought it for 26 quid (AudioDeluxe), lovely on guitar.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

jens wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:45 pm
HM wrote: Only becourse I am lucky to see this thread I can take action in due time to not miss out
One wouldn't think that a free update could cause as much angst. :hihi:
Well, lets not get bended out off shape, it was not like I was standing on bridge ready to jump :-)

Seems it work now ,.. on the laptop ,.. got to test it later on some some material

As, for Eventide in general I just love them, ultra nice, and classic plugs with a great history, now available for us all

Taking advantage of diverse free gift and reduced price upgrades over the years suddenly I had the full Anthology XI

Now another free gift, thanks Eventide !!!
HM

Return to “Effects”