Eventide Instant Phaser Mk II released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I too only heard about it here on KVR. I suppose the email from Eventide is forthcoming. I decided to poke around on the Eventide site before jumping on a purchase.

This one was free whereas the 2019 Reverb required an upgrade purchase, so you never know. Though I am happy that this one is a free update!

Regarding iLok, oftentimes an update means that the previous version will authorize as well. I believe that's the way it worked with Softube.

Look like improved their GUIs. This noticeably bigger and nicer than their older plugins.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Hi Guys

I decided to put all my plugins to the test before buying this, you´ll find all the examples here:
https://groovetools.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... otout.html

Tested:
Softube Fix Phaser
Native Instruments Phasis
Eventide Instant Phaser Mk II
Bluecat Phaser
Waves MetaFlanger
Cubase stock Phaser

SLiC wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:08 pm
bmanic wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 am Yes it is! Damn this thing sounds good. By far the best phaser I've heard in plugin format.
Ditto, just bought it for 26 quid (AudioDeluxe), lovely on guitar.
How did you get the price to $26? I'm seeing $32 something. Or did you mean £26?
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

evilantal wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:07 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:08 pm Ditto, just bought it for 26 quid (AudioDeluxe), lovely on guitar.
How did you get the price to $26? I'm seeing $32 something. Or did you mean £26?
26 quid = £26
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I picked it up for under $32 at JRR (in the cart). So additional savings can be had.

I've made a NKS version of this for any NI Keyboard/Maschine users

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3aeexhkg5ack ... x8yza?dl=0

mixtur.se wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:48 pm Hi Guys

I decided to put all my plugins to the test before buying this, you´ll find all the examples here:

Tested:
Softube Fix Phaser
Bluecat Phaser
Waves MetaFlanger
Cubase stock Phaser
Great blog post!

Very tempted to demo the Eventide but since I already have LittleRock, PhaseMistress, Phasis and Stunning Phaser, I think I may already be covered. Still, just like delays, it's hard to have too many phasers.

What about the Audiodamage Phase Three?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Pingafuego wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:51 am
bmanic wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 am Yes it is! Damn this thing sounds good. By far the best phaser I've heard in plugin format.
Thanks, I’ll try it!
Nice to see such strong endorsements.

electro wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:41 pm What about the Audiodamage Phase Three?
Phase 3 is also very nice. The thing is there are many different phaser approaches/sounds out there I don't think there is just one phaser to beat them all. In terms of the specific phasing that Instant Mk2 creates, it's the best only because it's the only phaser (I know of) that sounds the way it does. Same with Phase 3, although the Phase 3 sound is used in other phasers too. I don't think of Instant Mk2 as a go-to phaser only because it has a unique sound that wont be appropriate in all cases. :phones:

mixtur.se wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:48 pm Hi Guys

Tested:
Softube Fix Phaser
Bluecat Phaser
Waves MetaFlanger
Cubase stock Phaser
You should test Adam Szabo Phaser which is free and excellent.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

plexuss wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:06 am
electro wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:41 pm What about the Audiodamage Phase Three?
Phase 3 is also very nice. The thing is there are many different phaser approaches/sounds out there I don't think there is just one phaser to beat them all. In terms of the specific phasing that Instant Mk2 creates, it's the best only because it's the only phaser (I know of) that sounds the way it does. Same with Phase 3, although the Phase 3 sound is used in other phasers too. I don't think of Instant Mk2 as a go-to phaser only because it has a unique sound that wont be appropriate in all cases. :phones:
Eventide wanted to make a flanger and made a phaser, that's how inept they were. So how good could that be? Certainly not 'the best', whatever that is.

...and the flanger came out on the second try. They read up a little, looked at the competition, thought a bit harder - et voila!

Just demo'ed it. Sounds good, but not very versatile and therefor a bit boring. It lacks "extreme" settings. No way to position the center either. Musically nice, but a bit subtle. I do like the "old" settings though. :)

Still going for Stunning Phaser for all my phaser tasks, it has both incredible sound and it got the best envelope follower I found in a phaser.

perfumer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:06 am
Eventide wanted to make a flanger and made a phaser, that's how inept they were. So how good could that be? Certainly not 'the best', whatever that is.

...and the flanger came out on the second try. They read up a little, looked at the competition, thought a bit harder - et voila!

WTF??? Get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself any further. When the phaser came out, a non-tape flanger wasn't technically possible because there weren't any bucket-brigade chips available yet, you Ignorant tool you.

Damn, talk about being hugely dumb and arrogant at the same time.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”