What plugin has never/improperly been done yet (and would be useful iyo) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just received a couple of emails announcing new released plugins, and I told myself : this (for example : another bitcrusher, another 1176 emulation...) has been done a thousand times, why are they doing this again ? The market is crowded...

But in the end : what kind of plugin hasn't been made yet (and should be in your opinion) ? Or, what has not been done exactly the way you think it should be (if you have a very precise idea) ?

Please do not rant about what has been released to death here, be creative in this thread, go create a grumpy thread somewhere else. :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Guitar feedback modeling
Sweet child in time...

My dream is an intelligent bass maximizer (psycho-acoustic like MaxxBass or SFX Machine Pro + compression + any other trick...) that doesn't distort everything as soon as you boost anything at the final stage of mastering.
Yes, I know this is perfectly normal that it happens, and this is why I'd like a plugin to take care of this problem instead of me. I want a plugin because this is boring to handle gain staging when maximizing bass at mastering, then trying to maximize volume again. Simply maximizing bass at once would be way better.
I've tried every bass maximizer I've found : I use NONE because they all SU<《 ^$S. When I need more bass I go back to mixing.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

-developers are very shy on cpu consumption on guitar amp sim.s (maybe except Mercuriall).
-Again for guitar; auto-level adjust to a backing track, tone find/adjuster for doubling, quick filter for dealing with equal-loudness contours, auto-output adjustment when tweaking amp...stuff making life easier for a hobbyists.
-Can't find anything modern of something like the JB Smash Pro
-Stereo wideners still make songs muddy, something smarter which analyzes mid. content would be cool.
-Comp.s having sync. to bpm with auto-release/attack times
-A/B plug-ins I tried can't handle compression good enough (2-3db of difference can be observed)

A slicer with sequenser that can handle 6 minute audioclip. Where you can slice it in big chunks or small chunks and numbering them for the sequenser to play in any order you like.
Maybe it also could do 1 octave pitchchange and tempochange and individual slice effect.

I'm still in the market for a low-CPU, very feature-rich channel strip. Ideally:
- Visual parametric EQ
- Multi-model saturation/drive
- 2 compressor stages (and multi algorithm: FET, OPTO, etc)
- gate/expander/ducking
- limiter/ soft clipper
- peak and RMS metering
- some track tools: widener, panning, phase/time corrections

Love the Scheps Omni, but:
- Higher CPU than ideal, makes it harder to use everywhere
- Only one compressor, I often need 2 on tracks
- no ducking
- EQ is not visual, makes it less convenient for me (and thus I often use something else)
- no widening or any other FX

I don't want it to be a perfect analog emulation of any kind. I'm not sad that I left my SSL console behind. I don't long for the glory days of mixing without a screen. I just want a tool designed for today's workflow, to enhance my process, simplify each track, use low CPU, sound great, and hopefully look nice while at it. So many of the "vintage" channels have an unfriendly interface and are missing important features (like an attack knob on the comp). Just make something for people proudly using DAWs in 2019.

Like the workings of Boss SY300 having input from guitar changed to sine, saw etc so you can synthesize the note swapped to that in real time

Btw if ends up at $100 plugin and works as fast as SY300 would be gracias

A plugin that tases you every time you're about to buy a new plugin
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

A knob fader, especially made for mouse wheel use, that lets you automate wherever you want in the plugin chain and/or for leaving the DAW Faders unautomated.
This plugin should let you selects fader resolution, mousewheel sensibility, etc.

Zvex Instant Lo-Fi Junkie.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Still waiting for a high quality spectral morphing tool between two sounds, as good as the morphing in Kyma. The few ones on the market are fun and pretty cool, but more like toys to mess around with. Still not up there in term of quality, they are all more like a cross synthesis & vocodish than true spectral morphing with amplitude an d pitch tracking.

A decent stomp box flanger such as my (1980) Boss BF-2 would be nice. None of the examples I've heard even come close and most just sound like tremolos (the effect, not the group!).

(I like this vid because the guitarist plays his guitar the proper way round, like me. :D )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRuEPKcmWg

A decent polyphonic pitch shifter like EHX pitchfork;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-nqLgPrUs

I'm still waiting for a Synthi Hi-Fli emulation.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”