bx_townhouse compressor: opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I agree with most of the posts. It's a good SSL buss compressor. Maybe a little grittier than The Glue. I use it on some drum busses occasionally. The GUI is terrible. I can't stand hard to read GUI. I know they wanted it to "look" like the real one, but its just hard to use because of that. There are quite a few PA plugins that suffer from that same thing. They feel a need to be accurate to the original layout. I understand it but somehow wish they would change it to a half rack space look so the knobs could be bigger.

3ee wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:06 pm Tested against DMG Trackcomp G Bus and it's very similar (since they are basically emulating the near same thing, on paper the bx one sounds more special but you can get the null test very tight) Slightly different color and attack... The Townhouse is a bit more snappy while the DMG is smoother. I like both! :tu: I give the edge to the DMG one cause the extra flexibility but from the quick test, I kinda like the bx's color a bit more
I did my own comparison of these two compressors and agree with this 100%. In my test mix I preferred bx_townhouse as my drum bus comp and Trackcomp as my mix bus comp, but I'm sure on a different mix the opposite could be true.

Does Townhouse oversample? No mention in the manual.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:11 pm
Does it offer something unique?
Its got a great but subtle sound.
Very good compressor.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

This is a nice grunty compressor. I like the way it adds extra density.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:24 pm Does Townhouse oversample? No mention in the manual.
Nope. Zero delay.

Return to “Effects”