Acon Digital Verberate 2 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've created a new thread for version 2 of our reverb plug-in "Verberate" upon request (here's a link to the original thread for version 1: viewtopic.php?t=396954).

We are happy to announce that Verberate 2 has been released. Version 2 comes with a new late reverb algorithm we call Vivid Hall. It is based on entirely new technology and is designed for natural and pristine reverb tails without repeating patterns, resonances or other artifacts. The algorithm is time variant even when all modulation is turned off and therefore has a distinct sound quality to it that cannot be captured by convolution reverbs.

https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets ... o-examples

The decay editor that makes it possible to sculpt the reverb tails by setting up frequency dependent reverb times has been significantly improved. It now offers bell as well as high and low cut and shelving filters similar to a parametric equalizer. The filter slopes can be adjusted continuously as with most Acon Digital plug-ins. The integrated output equalizer offers the same filter types and both the decay editor and output equalizer show accurate curves with interactive handles to modify the filter band settings.

Another new feature is the ability to better simulate mechanical plate reverbs. High frequencies travel faster in metal plates than low frequencies. This effect is called frequency dispersion. Verberate 2 now has a Dispersion parameter which allows highly realistic plate reverb simulations when combined with the decay editor set to simulate the longer high frequency decay of plate reverbs. A new Swirl parameter makes it possible to simulate the feedback modulation effect found in many vintage digital reverb units.

The 15 early reflection patterns offered are algorithmic, calculated in real time and applied using convolution. A dense and resonance free late reverb tail follows the early reflections, resulting in extremely convincing room simulations with impressive depth combined with the flexibility algorithmic reverbs are known for.

A large catalog of beautiful factory presets is delivered with Verberate 2 and a clear and straightforward graphical user interface simplifies the search for a specific reverb sound. The stereo edition of Verberate 2 was released today and is available in the Acon Digital Store for $99.90 USD. The surround capable Verberate Immersive 2 will be released in April 2019 and will support all common surround and immersive audio formats at a price of $199.90. Owners of the stereo version will be able to upgrade for $99.90 USD.

Downloading the demo now! Very excited for this. Version 1.x was my go-to verb
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:46 pm Downloading the demo now! Very excited for this. Version 1.x was my go-to verb
Cool, thanks for the interest! 8)

Best,
Stian

Very nice update ! Congratulation for the release :D

Congratulations on the release! Universe knows I have enough reverbs... or do I? :D

Uppgrade pricing for the ver 1 owners?

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:55 pm Uppgrade pricing for the ver 1 owners?
Verberate 1.x customers that placed their orders before February 20th, 2019 can upgrade for $29.90 until April 1st, 2019. After this date the price is $49.90. A valid Verberate 1 license key is required.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 pm Congratulations on the release! Universe knows I have enough reverbs... or do I? :D
sinkmusic wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:02 pm Very nice update ! Congratulation for the release :D
Thanks guys! There's always room for another reverb, isn't it? 8)

Best,
Stian

I'm trying the demo and can't figure out how the ER are affected by "reverb time" when using the new algorithm. Very different behaviour compared to the legacy algo. I'm testing with single drum hits.

Putting the ER fader down to -48 still has them very loud and "late reflection sounding" unless the "reverb time" is set to minimum.

I mean, I have it set up like this screenshot (trying to "isolate" the ER sound on the drum hit) and increasing "reverb time" radically changes the ER sound and increases loudness (see the meter although the fader is down to -48), it kind of sounds as I'm not just hearing ER but the tail signal is being blended in just for the duration of the ER, although the "late reverb" has been deactivated with its dedicated switch.

If that is normal I'll just get used to it, but maybe it's not the expected behaviour. I don't know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ouch... :scared:

I wanted to not give a sh*t about this one because I already have a ton of reverbs but the thing is it's one of the best reverbs I've ever heard, and for a minimum CPU usage... :clap:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Niowiad wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:14 pm I'm trying the demo and can't figure out how the ER are affected by "reverb time" when using the new algorithm. Very different behaviour compared to the legacy algo. I'm testing with single drum hits.

Putting the ER fader down to -48 still has them very loud and "late reflection sounding" unless the "reverb time" is set to minimum.

I mean, I have it set up like this screenshot (trying to "isolate" the ER sound on the drum hit) and increasing "reverb time" radically changes the ER sound and increases loudness (see the meter although the fader is down to -48), it kind of sounds as I'm not just hearing ER but the tail signal is being blended in just for the duration of the ER, although the "late reverb" has been deactivated with its dedicated switch.

If that is normal I'll just get used to it, but maybe it's not the expected behaviour. I don't know.
Thanks for testing and reporting! There's a technical explanation for this behaviour. The (synthetically pre-generated) ERs are added using standard convolution and the reverb tail is generated either by the Vivid or Legacy Hall depending on the settings. However, Vivid Hall needs some additional content in the ERs to fill the gap before the time-variant tail kicks in, and that's what you hear. The additional ER content aren't really ERs in the classical sense, so it's admittedly a bit strange, but I didn't want to over-complicate things either.

Best,
Stian

DJErmac wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:22 pm Ouch... :scared:

I wanted to not give a sh*t about this one because I already have a ton of reverbs but the thing is it's one of the best reverbs I've ever heard, and for a minimum CPU usage... :clap:
Thanks, glad to hear that you like it! :)

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:37 pm
Niowiad wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:14 pm I'm trying the demo and can't figure out how the ER are affected by "reverb time" when using the new algorithm. Very different behaviour compared to the legacy algo. I'm testing with single drum hits.

Thanks for testing and reporting! There's a technical explanation for this behaviour. The (synthetically pre-generated) ERs are added using standard convolution and the reverb tail is generated either by the Vivid or Legacy Hall depending on the settings. However, Vivid Hall needs some additional content in the ERs to fill the gap before the time-variant tail kicks in, and that's what you hear. The additional ER content aren't really ERs in the classical sense, so it's admittedly a bit strange, but I didn't want to over-complicate things either.

Best,
Stian
Thank you for the explanation :oops:
Upgrading to v2 was never put into doubt anyway :oops:

So you would recommend that users avoid the "vivid hall" algorithm if working on a patch that is primarily based on early reflections? That seems worth mentioning in the docs.

Return to “Effects”