Kemper alternatives

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AC222 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:40 pm
Recabinet - And last but not least.... this beast really gets you in the ballpark. the tone and character are close enough but what really stands out is how dynamic this amp modeler sounds when used in conjunction with the Recabinet cabinet section. The power amp modeled into the suite just gives this amp modeler a sense of liveliness that punches above the competition.

Shane has a not so secret follow-up to Recabinet that should be coming out later this year that will use his latest proprietary technologies. It promises to sound even more dynamic. I can't wait.
Thermionik sucks, . . . big time, own it all, never touch it, crapola. Apart from the rediculousness of the 42 thousand individual .dll approach, it's pretty much the only software that can match REAPER on the ugly scale. Sucks as much as REAPER as well just quietly.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:10 am
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:30 pm Dudes should check out NaLex free ampsims. He took the torch from LePou and Ignite and ran away.
and run away they should, far far away, absolute crap.
Nope it's pretty great. Pick response is there, dynamics are there. It's up there with the best. You're doing something wrong.

i really working alternatives to kemper is th-u overloud with the rig library.

My vote is Neural + Ownhammer but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread because this topic interests me a lot right now.

ML Sound Labs I see a lot of conflicted opinion on. TH-U interests me, as does Mercuriall.

TH-U is my favourite amp sim and especially with some of the add-on Rig Libraries, the playability and tone comes very very close to real guitar amp.
multi-platinum music producer / songwriter
https://www.takaperry.com

Scuffham Sgear, and I disagree with the review AC222 did on Sgear. (try the demo)

Remember Kemper tech is getting quite old.

I agree with AC222's analysis fwiw. Spot on as usual! 🙌 :tu:

AC222 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 pm I agree with AC222's analysis fwiw. Spot on as usual! 🙌 :tu:
lol

OT:
Softube AmpRoom (it even simulates 50hz hum, yay.).

But i've been getting great results lately with Voxengo Boogex fed by Kelvin. Or just boogex on it's own. f**king under-rated freebie

Dirk Diggler wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:50 pm Scuffham Sgear, and I disagree with the review AC222 did on Sgear. (try the demo)

Remember Kemper tech is getting quite old.
has been updated many times thru the years and for free. It still is the second best after hardware amps. Many well known guitarists and bands use kempers live so bs like the tech is getting old is nothing more than just bs. The only thing that matters is if something's still good.

I never liked scuffham.
Softube and NeuralDSP imo are top of the line, nembrini and mercuriall also, ML sound lab has a mighty decent mesa boogie mark V!

ilwoody wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 am Hello,

I'm looking for pro software alternatives for the Kemper amp.

I just know guitar rig pro 5. Do you know any other professional, excellent quality alternatives?

Thank you!
In all honesty, keep the Kemper. I’ve tried software and always end up coming back to a hardware modeler. I had a Kemper for 10 years and recently moved to an AxeFX 3, but only because I wanted to mess with dual amp setups. They both are really in a different league.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:37 pm I never liked scuffham.
Softube and NeuralDSP imo are top of the line, nembrini and mercuriall also, ML sound lab has a mighty decent mesa boogie mark V!
The NeuralDSP stuff is quite good, but not a lot of effect variety.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I'm really liking TH-U lately. I caved and bought the whole premium thing as I didn't have any decent amp sim for my Mac M1 Mini.

We also have an AXE FX2 at the studio which I like a lot but personally I do think TH-U comes extremely close, especially if you oversample it heavily through Metaplugin (though there is a bug where the output volume doubles after each oversampling stage past 4x). TH-U is completely "digi fizzle" free when used like this and the dynamics for playing are excellent (but not perfect compared to real amps though.. then again, no sim is yet as far as I can tell).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:38 pm I'm really liking TH-U lately. I caved and bought the whole premium thing as I didn't have any decent amp sim for my Mac M1 Mini.
kelvin feeding Boogex. :party:

I like the TH-U rig libraries, but the non-rig amps and cabinets just don't do it for me. Though I've only got the cut down version with the clean amps.

Return to “Effects”