iZotope bought Exponential Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I got Ozone Elements as a freebie, and remember it was authorized with iLok. Guess the alternative is this thing: https://www.izotope.com/en/support/auth ... ortal.html Will be interesting to see if Exponential Audio migrate their plugins to that authorization method.

Really hope there will be an option to ditch the iLOK system entirely (like with their other products)

I would not expect any further changes anytime soon.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Interestingly, R2 already shows up in my iZotope account, probably (OK, rather, definitely) from my registered iLok account data.

That comes from an unexpected corner.
Not sure if I get it, a fusion or business takeover?

I`ve lost EA trace after purchase of PhoenixVerb,
it wasn`t upgradeable at some point and no longer in the product line
but still on updates & maintenance process.
(Hope I reflect correctly ...).

PhoenixVerb & user`s ok with iLok, $69 is quite a good deal
for a quality natural reverb incl. some nifty technical tricks.

Some questions left like
does EA licenses wander to iZotope in the sense of account requirement,
who is doing what on which hp ... updates etc.,
does PhoenixVerb or EA products in general see upgrade/crossgrade path.

Michael produced newsletters up to now, I hope to see one in that regard.

zvenx wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:09 am :( as a user almost exclusively of EA Reverbs, I can't say I am happy with this news.
rsp
I don`t have a concrete idea up to now, can you refine your concern?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

iZotope loves to do frequent updates for upgrade cash, and they have a habit of abandoning software like Iris and everything from the BT collaboration. It's hard not to love Ozone, but ....

It will be good to see the EA Reverbs get a GUI makeover, although I expect iZotope will apply their $ model as well. Let's hope they don't abandon these amazing reverbs.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

did you notice that on the Izotope pages for the EA verbs that it explicitly says 'not available via izotope product portal' - and that activation is still ilok only.

I wonder if this is a bit like Dmitry Sches' deal with PA - basically IZotope is really just taking on marketing/sales/support for Michael? Like Dmitry, being a one man band all that 'other' stuff must eat into dev time

I updated Phoenixverb from iZotopes site. This is the new banner on the plugin. "An iZotope company". :phones:

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.04.14 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:16 pm Except for their "one newsletter per day" marketing, i don't have an issue with iZotope. It also seems like the prices for the EA plugins have remained the same.
The thing that I’m concerned about is izotope’s tendency to charge the f**k out of you for version updates like they do for RX and randomly discontinue products for no apparent reason. Their shitty business practices suck nearly as bad as their secrecy regarding upcoming updates. They don’t outright say that iris is no longer supported but they haven’t fixed any bugs or offered any info for a long time. EA, on the other hand, are pretty open in my dealings with them.

Seems like a good fit, I wonder if some of the algorithms will make their way into Ozone at some point?
:borg:

I couldn’t find any upgrade prices,I want to upgrade from R2 to R4 hopefully they will also have upgrade sales of some sort during this merger/intro sale.
I emailed Izotope about it,hopefully they will.......
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Is the $199 bundle for izotope customers a good deal for these reverbs? I never heard of them before. I may demo them but were they ever cheaper than this in the past? https://www.izotope.com/en/products/exp ... undle.html
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:34 am were they ever cheaper than this in the past?
Not really, seems like pricing has come down a fair bit. As for quality, these are
arguably, some of the finest algorithmic reverbs available.

ATS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:34 am Is the $199 bundle for izotope customers a good deal for these reverbs? I never heard of them before. I may demo them but were they ever cheaper than this in the past? https://www.izotope.com/en/products/exp ... undle.html
They are excellent all-rounder natural sounding algo reverbs. I've been using Phoenixverb for a couple years now - its really nice. You have to try the demos to get the vibe of them. The bundle is very attractive! I could off-set part of it by selling my Phoenixverb license. maybe.... :phones:

I'm demoing them right now. So far I do like them a lot. Going to spend some time before/if I buy though.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Effects”