iZotope bought Exponential Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Do I need the Exponential Stereo Bundle when I have the total bundle of 2CAudio?
I think: no (or am I wrong?)

As reverbs all sound different, especially when they use different algorithms, i think only demoing the EA reverbs will answer your question.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:04 pm As reverbs all sound different, especially when they use different algorithms, i think only demoing the EA reverbs will answer your question.
Why haven‘t you just said NO? Now 199 bucks are at risk...

:D

I'm sorry...

Those deals make me think about selling my KVR account. May have impact on a niche business and provides me with a couple of dollars to buy another company.

*startup plan*

Deep Purple wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:09 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:37 pm Maybe he just wants to retire someday.
How dare he!
Selfish bastard! :hihi:

Good point. I didn't realize he was that old. Carry on. :)

I'm Ant wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:21 pm...
I use R4 and Excalibur as my main reverbs I've found them in my account at iZotope so everything has moved over ok.
But don't you have to pay to get the v 3.0?
Otherwise, it would mean you'd still using Exponential ones (which is not necessary a problem except for not being supported anymore in case of "issues")?
I may misunderstood something though.

By the way, here's the release notes:

Version 3.0 released April 3, 2019
3.0.0 Release
iZotope branding for GUI and User Guide
Minor fix in VST logic to make sure input buffer is cleared. In a few rare cases, this had caused a noise at startup.

No, you don't have to pay for the new updates. I just installed the latest R2 version, 6.0, which had exactly the same release notes.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 pm No, you don't have to pay for the new updates. I just installed the latest R2 version, 6.0, which had exactly the same release notes.
Thanks for the precision.
So it keeps the same iLok authorization/key?

I guess so. I didn't change anything here, and, obviously, iZotope also stated that there won't be a change: viewtopic.php?p=7361320#p7361320

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:08 pm I guess so. I didn't change anything here, and, obviously, iZotope also stated that there won't be a change: viewtopic.php?p=7361320#p7361320
Thanks!

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:23 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:37 pm Maybe he just wants to retire someday.
How dare he!

There's a video embedded right in the first post of this thread... ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:42 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:23 pm
How dare he!

There's a video embedded right in the first post of this thread... ;-)
Strange. For some reason it didn’t preview as a video clip in iOS safari last time. I went directly to izotope’s website to check it out. I didn’t watch any videos, just read the content. Most promo videos these days are dubstep-ridden garbage so I usually avoid them. This video is very well-done, however.

These reverbs have a great heritage being the work of an ex Lexicon dev who worked on the greatest most cherished hardware reverb units ever. But I have to be responsible, I have way more reverb plugins than I need as it is. I'm not even gonna demo these as I'm afraid that's gonna make me want to buy them :D

But I was just curious how do these compare to Eventide SP2016 and Verberate?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:14 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm
billcarroll wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:44 am iZotope loves to do frequent updates for upgrade cash, and they have a habit of abandoning software like Iris and everything from the BT collaboration. It's hard not to love Ozone, but ....

It will be good to see the EA Reverbs get a GUI makeover, although I expect iZotope will apply their $ model as well. Let's hope they don't abandon these amazing reverbs.
Totally agree.
I got off the Izotope bus a long time ago because of this. They had really nice products, and instead of building upon them, and fixing existing problems, they just abandoned them. Neutron was a joke because it was basically Ozone reskinned with a bolted on "fairy-dust" feature promising to help you mix better. Total sucker marketing. That was basically the last straw for me as far as Izotope goes. I don't see their acquisition of Exponential audio as being a good thing.
I think Neutron is pretty good, it was more like Alloy 2 re-skinned but ultimately one is aimed at mixing and one is aimed at mastering- two separate products, you don't have to buy both (where there is bound to be overlap!).
I used and loved Alloy 2 so I'm aware of the differences. The reason I have it in my head that Neutron is Ozone reskinned, is because Alloy did not use nearly the amount of CPU that Neutron uses, basically rendering Neutron useless as a mixing plugin or a channel strip. Ozone is the only one of their products that uses that much CPU almost note for note with the CPU usage of Neutron. The tools included in Neutron are basically the same as Ozone except for the promise of helping you mix better.
I'm not an Izotope hater, and this is probably the last time I'll mention anything about any of because it's been bothering me for a while so I wanted to get it off my chest, but I'm completely offended by their marketing practices over the last few years and just really would not invest one penny more into their products. I like the old company called Izotope, not the new one.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Effects”