The PA Easter deals

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4 bucks :party:

i didn't check the product page because i didn't need to - i already knew what ChannelX was. well, i thought i knew, anyway, because it turned out that it's no longer a bundle. when it became a standalone product rather than a bundle - that's the issue. we know for a fact that in 2016 it was still a bundle, but that was 3 years ago. we have SAW75 claiming that it was a bundle right up until after the sale started, but we have nothing to corroborate this claim.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

kmonkey wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:45 pm I don't know if what SAW75 is true or not - but after i saw how they treated their customers over SSL Channel E metering fiasco over at GS i wouldn't be surprised at all.

I don't think this is about 4 bucks like some of you are intentionally portraying this - it's about being harmed by dishonesty.
Switching the topic a bit. I agree. I have had my issues with PA and Dirk directly. I feel there have been a number of things they've done that are anti-customer. I even had some interesting experiences with them when internal emails about me got out to me by accident. This resulted in Dirk apologizing to me but also unfriending me on facebook. Things seems to go astray when he moved to the US. If I moved to the US I'd go bonkers too. But that's probably not the problem. It's almost like they hired people to do stuff and none of this was passed through a centralized approval. Or. Something. It's all left a sour taste in my mouth about PA. Which sucks because I have most of their plugins. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 pm
kmonkey wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:45 pm I don't know if what SAW75 is true or not - but after i saw how they treated their customers over SSL Channel E metering fiasco over at GS i wouldn't be surprised at all.

I don't think this is about 4 bucks like some of you are intentionally portraying this - it's about being harmed by dishonesty.
Switching the topic a bit. I agree. I have had my issues with PA and Dirk directly. I feel there have been a number of things they've done that are anti-customer. I even had some interesting experiences with them when internal emails about me got out to me by accident. This resulted in Dirk apologizing to me but also unfriending me on facebook. Things seems to go astray when he moved to the US. If I moved to the US I'd go bonkers too. But that's probably not the problem. It's almost like they hired people to do stuff and none of this was passed through a centralized approval. Or. Something. It's all left a sour taste in my mouth about PA. Which sucks because I have most of their plugins. :phones:
I have to say, my experiences have been very positive with PA.
Also, there have been many more then fair deals over time.
Good company

I feel like you have to separate the product from the company in the same way you have to separate the art from the artist sometimes.
I feel companies like Waves and Plugin Alliance are pretty shady in the way they manipulate prices and deliberately create confusion with their convoluted, non-stop, aggressive marketing, but some of the tools they offer are a great bargain when the price is right. That said I would never in a million years buy anything from them for full price. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy at full price from Soundtoys, Audiothing, etc...
And to be honest these guys are such small scale hustlers. People avoid companies like Plugin Alliance on principle, yet they give all of their money to Jeff Bezos.
I guess what I am saying is that I understand the concerns but I am still going to listen to Thriller (I'm not sure I can watch Annie Hall anymore though).

What do you even need the single plugins for anyway, you have all three in the rack, just disable what you don't need each time and get on with your life. So what if you "got shafted" (you haven't shared any evidence, just hearsay, so who knows if what you say is true anyway, no offence), it's 4 bucks...
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 pm What do you even need the single plugins for anyway, you have all three in the rack, just disable what you don't need each time and get on with your life. So what if you "got shafted" (you haven't shared any evidence, just hearsay, so who knows if what you say is true anyway, no offence), it's 4 bucks...
Having them separate just makes it easier / more pleasing to work with if you only need one of the modules. its a GUI/usability thing. Some people are more sensitive to that than others. Highly subjective just like most things in audio. Unless you can measure it.. :phones:

I'm just confused. I feel as though there are more than one side to the story, but I'll admit: I've heard more than one complaint against PA over the years.

What is this metering fiasco? :)

Btw there are great PA guitar deals again till 30th of April, so I've already bought two ones I was missing previously.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:50 pm I'm just confused. I feel as though there are more than one side to the story, but I'll admit: I've heard more than one complaint against PA over the years.
Same, but unless someone can provide some solid evidence, it's rather a lot of drama and energy to waste for 4 bucks.
Always Read the Manual!

lajosuti wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:26 am Btw there are great PA guitar deals again till 30th of April, so I've already bought two ones I was missing previously.
Yeah, it's worth waiting for deals like this.

I had a little interest in the bx_bluechorus2 ("little" because I'm not short on good choruses, both software and hardware, and I actually bought a CE-2W a few months ago), but at the current price (10$ + taxes if you're in EU) it was worth adding it to my collection.
By the way, being a previous PA customer, I also had my monthly voucher to use, so I actually bought 3 plugin on sale spending less than 10$, even if I was interested only in the bx_bluechorus2.

Given the pricing strategy of PA, I never pay full price for their products and I wait for very good deals on the items I may "need" (actually, I'm already covered for most of my needs, so waiting is not a problem).
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

PieBerger wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:34 am
reggie1979 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:50 pm I'm just confused. I feel as though there are more than one side to the story, but I'll admit: I've heard more than one complaint against PA over the years.
Same, but unless someone can provide some solid evidence, it's rather a lot of drama and energy to waste for 4 bucks.
I can dig it.

,...……….,...……….
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burillo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:48 pm i didn't check the product page because i didn't need to - i already knew what ChannelX was. well, i thought i knew, anyway, because it turned out that it's no longer a bundle. when it became a standalone product rather than a bundle - that's the issue. we know for a fact that in 2016 it was still a bundle, but that was 3 years ago. we have SAW75 claiming that it was a bundle right up until after the sale started, but we have nothing to corroborate this claim.
When I bought it back in August 2018 it was just as one effect (i.e. the three modules in the singular '500' frame)

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:46 pm 4 bucks :party:
4 bucks !!! :party:

Return to “Effects”