MEqualizer problem (automated peaks search)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRer
3 posts since 3 Jun, 2019

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:47 am

Hello!

I want to use this great tool (MEqualizer) for the automated search for the "bad frequences" and peaks.

The problem is, in the master-bus it does great job, i also loaded it to the drum-bus, but as i wanted to do the same in the guitar-bus, it just shows me skew area after pressing stop and shows me nothing more. So no peaks and nothing else stays on the screen, just this weird skew area, going up from low to high.

Does somebody know this issue?

I use the free version.

Regards
franny

KVRian
650 posts since 8 Jan, 2017

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:36 am

Wait, MEqualizer can auto-search for resonances? How?

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 am

yesss... and that is so great, but i don't understand, why it doesn't work on every track.
If you just set the peaks by "analyzer settings" / "graphs" and than suit the resolution under "main settings of analyzer settings, you will get the peaks after pressing stop... they will stay on the places, where you have "bad frequences". After that, you can just notch them out.

KVRAF
9797 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:55 am

There are two ways that I use:
(a) make sure that Peaks is enabled in the Settings >> Graph for the curve you want. Then playback your audio and Pause playback in your DAW; the peaks will stay on screen

(b) enable one of the "infinite" graphs and its peaks in Settings >> Graph. Then playback your audio. The infinite peaks will remain.

PS You will be better off posting in the MeldaProduction sub-forum.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 am

hmm... the way "a" ist the way i use it, but it shows me the peaks not on every track, ob some tracks it stays flat, without any peaks (after pressing stop)

i just tested the way "b" and it seems to work... it shows not just the peaks themselves, but the whole grafic with the pointed peaks on it. Don't really understand, if the second way is accurate enough, or even the same as the first way.

Another thing is, does it have something to do with the advanced settings and peak detection? (it is just 0% detection and 40dB threshold)

Return to “Effects”