Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

Digic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:14 pm
morelia wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:10 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:57 amBalance will listen to your entire track and start altering gain levels
Keen to hear examples of this. I've done a couple here and they were a complete mess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxX_Cv-xLz8
Sorry, I meant unbiased examples.

>edit< Sorry, on my phone this came up looking like an official izotope video. Thanks for the link, will check it out later.
Last edited by morelia on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Came to Izotope over Ozone.

Stayed because of also having discovered RX.

Avoid publicly weeping too much over their upgrades, wait for huge sales in the meantime.

Wow.
Not impressed by the "balance" part of Neutron 3.
Last night and tonight I remixed one of my in progress tunes with it. The "Balance" sucked. So bad. What the hell?

But the "sculpt" and "track enhance" are fantastic. Way better than my feeble mix attempts. It gave me an insight into a common mistake I've been making on my tracks. I'm sold.

Give me a bit to sell my testicles.

So as an owner of MPS 2, the choice is:

- upgrade now to 2.1 for $99 (in effect, to go from Neutron Advanced 2 to 3)

OR

- upgrade later when (a) it might be cheaper or (b) other products in the bundle get an update too

First thoughts - wait. Let's check some videos to see if worth it.

The only upgrading I'm doing is when RX Adv has an update. I might, be inclined...but the way I deal with Izotope, is to upgrade every couple years or 2 versions later. Nothing they have is something that I can't live without, or need, because I lack the skill or tool to accomplish said task.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

How do I switch "Track Assistant" to "Mix Assistant" every time I open Neutron 3 it's automatically set to Track Assistant, the manual says you can pick either or when you start it up but I don't get an option?

In Neutron 3 Advanced, you should have a Mix Assistant button next to presets.

According to https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... rison.html the Balance / Mix Focus is only part of Neutron 3 advanced, so if you have Standard or Elements it may appear differently (i.e. Track Assistant).

In case you have the Neutron 3 Advanced version, you may need to check that you have the right version selected (Neutron 3 and not Neutron 2). I had to update all my macros to use the newer VST as it sits side-by-side with the Neutron 2 version.

Aleatoriac wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:13 am Wow.
Not impressed by the "balance" part of Neutron 3.
Last night and tonight I remixed one of my in progress tunes with it. The "Balance" sucked. So bad. What the hell?

But the "sculpt" and "track enhance" are fantastic. Way better than my feeble mix attempts. It gave me an insight into a common mistake I've been making on my tracks. I'm sold.

Give me a bit to sell my testicles.
geez! Alright Alright! I'll buy one of your damned testicles.

So this checks the whole mix now too, not just tracks? I thought Ozone did that?

I was not going to upgrade, but I did not have RX in any flavor, and that is something that I have needed many times in the past in video editing projects. Adobe Audition doesn't hold a candle to RX for cleaning up audio. So the "any product" crossgrade to MPS 2.1 was worth it for me. I ran a past recording through RX. Blown away by how much better the de-noise and de-reverb is.

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:23 pm So this checks the whole mix now too, not just tracks? I thought Ozone did that?
Hmmm wasnt ozone checking the whole master? Neutron is for mixing and ozone for mastering isnt it?
Cause im also unsure :lol:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:45 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:23 pm So this checks the whole mix now too, not just tracks? I thought Ozone did that?
Hmmm wasnt ozone checking the whole master? Neutron is for mixing and ozone for mastering isnt it?
Not sure about what is "suppose to" but I just tried mix assistant on the master bus and I was surprised that it came out better than expected but I had to remove one of the exciters for causing it to be a bit too bright.Still considering this for that if nothing out since Ozone cpu is a pita on my system.

dblock wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 pm
Not sure about what is "suppose to" but I just tried mix assistant on the master bus and I was surprised that it came out better than expected but I had to remove one of the exciters for causing it to be a bit too bright.Still considering this for that if nothing out since Ozone cpu is a pita on my system.
This is what makes me wondered/worried.

Sometimes i find one of the products is too similiar to the other one.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:31 pm
dblock wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 pm
This is what makes me wondered/worried.

Sometimes i find one of the products is too similiar to the other one.
Well, I'm trying now to make one of my other eqs do what the mix assistant did and save some money but even if I can, I'm not so sure I could do it consistently or I wouldn't want/need this thing in the first place.My ears just don't seem to work like that.I'm getting too old. :hihi:

d2dsf wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:55 pm I stopped using iZotope, but the crossgrade from any elements to MPS2.1 for $399 ($335 with GROUP) is ridiculous for anyone who paid even half off.
I have MPB (yes, it was Bundle before it was Suite, so it's crossgrade, not upgrade) and upgrade price to MPS 2.1 is silly as well.

But that's ok, I don't really need to upgrade every year (heck, not even every three years).

k

Return to “Effects”