Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:10 pm They’ve actually got a post production tool getting launched shortly. You can book at their live event here.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prosession ... 8281737785 (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prosessions-izotope-doug-mountain-present-the-latest-in-post-production-tickets-78281737785)

If I had to guess it will be some Neutron/Ozone style of channel strip designed specifically for treating dialogue and background music using slot of the noise and ambient management tools you find in RX.

But that’s just a guess.
Did this bundle come with basic Melodyne as well?

Jakeyboy29 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:57 pm
no, that's Nectar 3.

The improvements I’m really wanting, however, is parameter “scrubbing”, just being able to click and drag on a parameter, and a scalable zoom. Doing adjustments that are less than 3 dB can be a bit of a killer, especially when dragging curves around. A zoom would help mitigate that.

On my DAW you can just double click on the parameter value and enter an exact number if you want to be super precise

Great to see this thread back on track. That NoEDM dude was a piece of work.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

NM

You dont need this. Save ya money!

Jakeyboy29 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:57 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:10 pm They’ve actually got a post production tool getting launched shortly. You can book at their live event here.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prosession ... 8281737785

If I had to guess it will be some Neutron/Ozone style of channel strip designed specifically for treating dialogue and background music using slot of the noise and ambient management tools you find in RX.

But that’s just a guess.
No, that only comes with Nectar... or any bundle that Nectar comes in

mcbpete wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm On my DAW you can just double click on the parameter value and enter an exact number if you want to be super precise
Yeah that’s helpful. The parameter scrubbing is a default behaviour of many plugins and DAWs including Logic. So it’s just a common method that many are useful. The fact that they added it to Ozone means they are aware of it. They only need to bring it over to Neutron

Had today a long session preparing a lot of mixes. Neutron 3 Advanced (especially the Sculpture function) was really, really helpful to get the task done. Don‘t wanna miss it anymore. :tu:

thermal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:08 pm Have they fixed the incompatibility with control surfaces yet? Neutron 2 gets very little use over here because it maps really badly to midi CCs. Several users including myself have complained about it, and they acknowledge the problem but it seems they don't care...unless it works now?
Hi. Do you know if there has been any progress on this. Im currently trying to map an X-Touch Mini controller to Neutron 3 and experiencing two strange issues;

Once mapped to Logics Smart Controls, Neutrons EQ nodes skip a bunch a frequencies whilst moving up and down the spectrum. 20Hz to 99Hz to 179Hz, etc. Frequencies get incrementally more closely grouped the higher up the spectrum you get.

When trying to map an X-Touch knob directly to a Neutron EQ node frequency parameter (without Smart Controls);
when I move the node it says “EQ B1 Frequency” in the Assignment Window. But as soon as I let go of the node the title of the assignment changes to "Global Dirty Flag”. When I try and subsequently touch my Controller knob after moving the EQ node, the controller knob lists accurately in Logics Controller Assignment window but its not moving the node when I turn it.

Is the verdict still out on this issue?

so why was it dropped if it was just released? wasn't it any good?

LASSIE, drop!
47132080-315D-48D3-BDA1-A08FC59F9DCD.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

if a midi control value has only one byte, you get no more than 128 different values, which is unusable for the purpose. thus, a 2-byte value should get implemented.
I would check for this, personally I don't use these control devices so I can't tell whether this is relevant to the case above.

@HansP are you referring to my post above? If so please could you clarify your response. I dont quite understand. thanks

Return to “Effects”