Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

pinki wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:09 am Dongle Dingle Dangle... Crackerty Smackerty....

For everyone who hates the dingle there is someone who likes them. So that’s that.

Btw...does portal require a dangle?
Of course not, but people love to stay on course, cite very specific and undoubtedly "accurate" statistics to convey the factual accuracy of their argument... that again is totally and unequivocally inline with the topic relating to Output's release of Portal, a granular FX plugin (with no dongle, dingle or dangle).

So Output have never made a product that requires a dongle and are one of the very few companies that allow returns and resale with Kontakt based instruments... and they are berated for their restrictive dongle license policy...mmm

pinki wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 am So Output have never made a product that requires a dongle and are one of the very few companies that allow returns and resale with Kontakt based instruments... and they are berated for their restrictive dongle license policy...mmm
No one is berating them for a restrictive dongle policy. They’re being berated for not offering a free demo for their new VST plugin (not Kontakt library) Portal, and the requirement to buy to try.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:05 pm
ictools wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:27 pm It's all part of the deal people, and there should be nothing to hide or shy away from.
Nobody is hiding or avoiding anything here, in fact it's been discussed openly for more than 5 pages.
5 pages on this thread and thousands on the forum. That's plenty I would say.
It's not a dongle-machine, it's a synth. :lol:

Stefken wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:28 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:05 pm
ictools wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:27 pm It's all part of the deal people, and there should be nothing to hide or shy away from.
Nobody is hiding or avoiding anything here, in fact it's been discussed openly for more than 5 pages.
5 pages on this thread and thousands on the forum. That's plenty I would say.
It's not a dongle-machine, it's a synth. :lol:
Portal is not a synth.

I look forward to the next ten pages explaining what Portal isn't. So far, it doesn't have a dongle and it's not a synth. I can also categorically state it is not a witch, though it might be a duck.

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:28 pm I can also categorically state it is not a witch, though it might be a duck.
I dunno' - apparently it can do some major magic on stuff. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a witch.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

It's a decoy.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:02 pm It's a decoy.
You quack me up!

Does the dongle add that analogue grit?

How many grains does Output create? I'm trying to figure the dollar-per-grain cost before demoing, er, buying-requesting-refunding-it.

yehboy1 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:41 pm How many grains does Output create? I'm trying to figure the dollar-per-grain cost before demoing, er, buying-requesting-refunding-it.
:lol:

But that's actually a pretty good question, would like to know too how many grains this thing can emit when the density is at its max for some massive overlapping grain clouds. Can't find the info on that so far...

EnochLight wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:05 pm
pinki wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 am So Output have never made a product that requires a dongle and are one of the very few companies that allow returns and resale with Kontakt based instruments... and they are berated for their restrictive dongle license policy...mmm
No one is berating them for a restrictive dongle policy. They’re being berated for not offering a free demo for their new VST plugin (not Kontakt library) Portal, and the requirement to buy to try.
You should have added 'mmm' at the end, gives a post more gravitas. mmm.

Gravitas? Using the word gravitas gives your post more weight.

mmm ..you missed the inference, it meant something entirely different but its probably not worth explaining to you.

Berated, mmm.

Return to “Effects”