The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I already own all their plugins. I didn't go with the pick pack because of that. then subsequent products i picked up cheap/free with vouchers. Since Di*k was a di*k to me I dont really care anymore. if I can get their prodcuts cheap/free I will otherwise I'll spend my money elsewhere - there are so many good products coming out from other devs that don't play these PA games. That said, I do generally like and use PA's products. I just have to separate, in my mind, the products from the company and personnel. :phones:

Robmobius wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:21 am Hmmm... Prices are not as low as I had hoped for.
+1 Dirk gave the impression their new pricing model was going to be like a permanent megasale.

jens wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:19 pm Yes, absolutely! Wish I was one of those lucky bastards! :lol:
I keep wondering who bought in on that... I mean after this, well a congratulations is in order, but before this announcement every time I looked in on it, all I could think was... What idiot would buy into this? It never seemed like a good deal when they where blowing out products for $9 (with a voucher).

db3 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:41 pm
Robmobius wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:21 am Hmmm... Prices are not as low as I had hoped for.
+1 Dirk gave the impression their new pricing model was going to be like a permanent megasale.
That was the impression that I had so I'm guessing they have yet to finalise the adjustments...

Unaspected wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:07 pm
db3 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:41 pm
That was the impression that I had so I'm guessing they have yet to finalise the adjustments...
Or else PA just beat slate to the greatest marketing claim for a subscription!

elxsound wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 pm ...before this announcement every time I looked in on it, all I could think was... What idiot would buy into this? It never seemed like a good deal when they where blowing out products for $9 (with a voucher).
I think them discontinuing the program was the result of that. :lol: There were probably only a handful of patrons actually making payments.

I for one, am looking forward to permanent lower prices, and the OPTION of subscriptions as a way to own licenses but NOT a replacement for the perpetual model. Also, I can do without that $20 resell fee. Why punish someone for not wanting to use or needing a plugin? We've seen the villagers roll up their sleeves with Waves and their WUP (Waves Unnecessary Plan). Money has to be made...I'm curious to see how they plan to do it whilst keeping their perpetual license holders untouched. I think it's pretty obvious they're going to follow the Slate model, but I just don't want them to follow the Adobe model. If that happens, I'm done.

Speaking of which, I've now joined the Affinity bandwagon of freedom from Adobe. That and BlackMagicDesign's Resolve. I'm finally free of Adobe Products! :party:
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Mathematics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:26 pm
elxsound wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Speaking of which, I've now joined the Affinity bandwagon of freedom from Adobe. That and BlackMagicDesign's Resolve. I'm finally free of Adobe Products! :party:

OT:
RESOLVE = YES!

thanks for the nudge to Affinity - looks great!

I am not at all keen to buy from them again as I have a few purchases that were listed as never this low again yet were lower only weeks later.

Mathematics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:26 pm Speaking of which, I've now joined the Affinity bandwagon of freedom from Adobe.
me too for quite a while now - no regrets at all. (I bought cyberlink power director as resolve was a bit buggy on my machine at the time - so far power director does all i need)

On the topic of PA...DSM V3? I was so disappointed with V2. They never fixed the issue of not being able to see the files for captured curves. Great plugin otherwise. In fact, it truly was a secret weapon for fast draft mixes and deEssing. It really annoys me that they have this new, re-envisioned version of that plugin, but for years they never fixed the problem with the first one. There were other bugs too but I never encountered those problems, just the inability to see the files you saved. The fix was to open up an explorer window to see the name, open the plugin and load the file by spelling it out in the dialog box. Really annoying. That's how I got by though.

Mathematics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:26 pm Speaking of which, I've now joined the Affinity bandwagon of freedom from Adobe. That and BlackMagicDesign's Resolve. I'm finally free of Adobe Products! :party:
Same. Free updates for life is always a good thing too. :)

definitely not into the new WHITE website.

sqigls wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 pm definitely not into the new WHITE website.
It did look better before. Dark screens are easier on the eyes of those who live in caves, such as myself.

I agree. It did look at bit more polished with the dark tone. Although, not black with white letters, because that leaves ghost images when you look away.

The cropped image of the plugins needs revamping. Uniformity and symmetry is pleasing to the senses but did they have to crop out so much? I know it's the sound we're buying and not the face of the plugin, but they all look the same.

I woke up, still pensive about DSM V3. It's almost a slap to the face of those that own V2. They better make the upgrade free for us. I think I'm going to write them about that.

Mathematics wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm They better make the upgrade free for us. I think I'm going to write them about that.
Good luck, dare devil! :tu:

Return to “Effects”