The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Surprised I'm still reading this thread.

One thing no one's mentioned here--or over at GS--is the re-sizable UI on the V3 of DSM. The old DSM was unique in that it was the only PA plug that didn't utilize the "PA framework", which is one of the reasons the usability issues were never addressed. So I predict that we'll see revised versions of older PA plugs like Maag4, Bax EQ and Vertigo VSM that sport new UIs for HD screens. Won't predict whether they'll fix the 24bit truncation in the Maag plugs, but ignoring the input gain on the bx_console upgrades suggests not.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

I’ll just wait a year until the plugs are $29 a piece on sale.

This just came via mail:

Hello everybody, again!

Once in a while you do something that feels like you are really having an impact on your industry or art. Almost 15 years ago I designed and released the very first M/S Mastering EQ plugin (bx_digital), which was the first plugin I ever created by the way. Since then Brainworx and Plugin Alliance have had many 'hits' which have changed the way many people produce music and mix audio in general.

But... today I feel like tomorrow we are about to release something that is so much bigger than any single plugin concept could ever be, so I wanted to reach out to you again and give you a status report.

Since my last email to you we have released 6 fantastic new plugins, all of which will finally be available to you from tomorrow on:

Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (Native & Improved)
Focusrite Studio Console (TMT)
Purple Audio MC77 (1176 on steroids)
Ampeg V-4B (Bass Amp)
Diezel VH4 (Guitar Amp)
ProAudioDSP DSM V3 (Dynamic Spectrum Mapper)

THE BIG ONE - NOT ONLY 6 NEW PLUGINS!
But... the real news, the big one, which we will be sharing with you all in just a few hours, is that we haven't just developed some exciting new plugins. Instead, we will be introducing a whole new way for you to use a much larger selection of our plugins in your productions! A larger selection, more affordable and more flexible than ever before.

The Plugin Alliance repertoire now contains more than 100 plugins from 28 different brands. Let that sink in! And we know from listening to you on social media and from talking to our support teams that your #1 wish is to be able to afford using more of our plugins in your sessions. Without having to chase bi-daily flash sale emails or breaking the bank. We hear you!

And we believe our teams have created something really outstanding in the past few months! We can't wait to invite you to all of it tomorrow. Whether you are open to new ways of getting access to the tools you want and/or need, or whether you want to continue buying your favorite plugins from us the traditional way.

EXPECT 2 EMAILS TOMORROW!
So, while we will invite you to a NEW service tomorrow, we want to make sure YOU can choose exactly how you want to get your hands onto our established and brand-new plugins. For that reason we have decided to send you not one, but two completely separate emails in a few hours.

Email 1 will have various voucher codes for you, for all 6 of our new releases. Combine those codes with our new and improved Dynamic Discounts, and you'll be able to purchase these 6 plugins for way less than people who are not signed up for our email newsletters. This is our way to say thank you for following our marketing activities.

The 2nd email though will finally invite you to rethink our old business model and take a close look at our new offering!

IT'S PERSONAL!
All the emails will be personalized by the way!
You'll get two customized offers based on

the number of different PA licenses you already own
and the amount of money you spent with us in the last year.

We have spent weeks analyzing our data and trying to come up with best and fairest offer for each and every single one of you.

As you know PickPack is no more, so there won't be specific PickPack offers anymore, but since we gifted you all 10 of your PickPack licenses most of you now fall under the Heavy Hitter category anyway (a Heavy Hitter at PA owns 20+ different licenses).

If I can ask you for just one thing:
Please read both of our emails before you visit plugin-alliance.com tomorrow!

We may have something for you that is almost too good to be true, at least this was the reaction we got from most of the people we spoke to internally when dreaming up our new vision for you.

THE (PLUGIN) DEAL OF YOUR LIFETIME
What we are about to send you tomorrow... internally we call it the 'Deal Of Your Lifetime'. And we believe that you will be pleasantly surprised (maybe shocked?) and happy to find out what the hell we are even talking about for the last few weeks now. ;-)

I wished I could just tell you everything right now, but we are preparing the final assets for the launch as you read this. And we are determined to deliver a flawless, quality release. So please bear with us for just a few more hours!

I mainly wanted to make sure personally you all know already that there will be two options to choose from tomorrow. No matter which concept you prefer, we are looking forward to continue helping you make everything you do sound better!

Best wishes, and we will definitely be in touch again shortly!
Dirk & the PA Team

UPDATE!!

A WORD FROM DIRK:

Hello everybody, again!

Once in a while you do something that feels like you are really having an impact on your industry or art. Almost 15 years ago I designed and released the very first M/S Mastering EQ plugin (bx_digital), which was the first plugin I ever created by the way. Since then Brainworx and Plugin Alliance have had many 'hits' which have changed the way many people produce music and mix audio in general.

But... today I feel like tomorrow we are about to release something that is so much bigger than any single plugin concept could ever be, so I wanted to reach out to you again and give you a status report.

Since my last email to you we have released 6 fantastic new plugins, all of which will finally be available to you from tomorrow on:

Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (Native & Improved)
Focusrite Studio Console (TMT)
Purple Audio MC77 (1176 on steroids)
Ampeg V-4B (Bass Amp)
Diezel VH4 (Guitar Amp)
ProAudioDSP DSM V3 (Dynamic Spectrum Mapper)

THE BIG ONE - NOT ONLY 6 NEW PLUGINS!
But... the real news, the big one, which we will be sharing with you all in just a few hours, is that we haven't just developed some exciting new plugins. Instead, we will be introducing a whole new way for you to use a much larger selection of our plugins in your productions! A larger selection, more affordable and more flexible than ever before.

The Plugin Alliance repertoire now contains more than 100 plugins from 28 different brands. Let that sink in! And we know from listening to you on social media and from talking to our support teams that your #1 wish is to be able to afford using more of our plugins in your sessions. Without having to chase bi-daily flash sale emails or breaking the bank. We hear you!

And we believe our teams have created something really outstanding in the past few months! We can't wait to invite you to all of it tomorrow. Whether you are open to new ways of getting access to the tools you want and/or need, or whether you want to continue buying your favorite plugins from us the traditional way.

EXPECT 2 EMAILS TOMORROW!
So, while we will invite you to a NEW service tomorrow, we want to make sure YOU can choose exactly how you want to get your hands onto our established and brand-new plugins. For that reason we have decided to send you not one, but two completely separate emails in a few hours.

Email 1 will have various voucher codes for you, for all 6 of our new releases. Combine those codes with our new and improved Dynamic Discounts, and you'll be able to purchase these 6 plugins for way less than people who are not signed up for our email newsletters. This is our way to say thank you for following our marketing activities.

The 2nd email though will finally invite you to rethink our old business model and take a close look at our new offering!

IT'S PERSONAL!
All the emails will be personalized by the way!
You'll get two customized offers based on

the number of different PA licenses you already own
and the amount of money you spent with us in the last year.

We have spent weeks analyzing our data and trying to come up with best and fairest offer for each and every single one of you.

As you know PickPack is no more, so there won't be specific PickPack offers anymore, but since we gifted you all 10 of your PickPack licenses most of you now fall under the Heavy Hitter category anyway (a Heavy Hitter at PA owns 20+ different licenses).

If I can ask you for just one thing:
Please read both of our emails before you visit plugin-alliance.com tomorrow!

We may have something for you that is almost too good to be true, at least this was the reaction we got from most of the people we spoke to internally when dreaming up our new vision for you.

THE (PLUGIN) DEAL OF YOUR LIFETIME
What we are about to send you tomorrow... internally we call it the 'Deal Of Your Lifetime'. And we believe that you will be pleasantly surprised (maybe shocked?) and happy to find out what the hell we are even talking about for the last few weeks now. ;-)

I wished I could just tell you everything right now, but we are preparing the final assets for the launch as you read this. And we are determined to deliver a flawless, quality release. So please bear with us for just a few more hours!

I mainly wanted to make sure personally you all know already that there will be two options to choose from tomorrow. No matter which concept you prefer, we are looking forward to continue helping you make everything you do sound better!

Best wishes, and we will definitely be in touch again shortly!
Dirk & the PA Team
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

2 options. Perpetual and Subscription? Looking forward to that.
Deal of a Lifetime? Well, I'm curious what that can be other than a lifetime membership. Remember those lifetime passes you could get for Disneyland back in the 70's and 80's. Yea...they don't exist anymore but people that have them can still use them (but not on blackout days...that's where they get you)

Lol...Martin...that's funny.

At this point I'm pretty sure this must be some kind of elaborate joke. They can't expect anybody to take this BS talk seriously? This even makes Steven Slate blush. Yikes :roll:

I like many of the PA plugins (and Slate's, too, btw) but man, am I happy when this marketing stunt is over.

Are they trying to get ppl to GAS over the recent plugins, to buy them before they cannot be bought anymore, due to the new subscription model?

Deal of a lifetime...I'm actually curious what this can be?

Free upgrades to one or more plugins that has an upgrade in one's account?
Crossgrade discount to PA plugins for similar plugins from Waves or another developer?
Lifetime membership?

Dinner with Dirk?

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 pm Dinner with Dirk?
Diggler?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 pm Dinner with Dirk?
Well, I'm in Los Angeles...but I'm a dude.

If it's a subscription I am out.
It's easy if you know how

Subscription in addition as it seems ...
Plugin Alliance wrote:Whether you are open to new ways of getting access to the tools you want and/or need, or whether you want to continue buying your favorite plugins from us the traditional way.

Yea, I think they've read too many people jumping ship if they get rid of perpetual licensing. Like light to a shadow, I'm gone if they even breathe the idea of going ONLY subscription. Heck, one day we'll be running everything off open-source shareware.

Return to “Effects”