PA subscription incoming ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

c1c2 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:09 pm
mcbpete wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:49 pm In a GAS-reduction way I weirdly do actually hope they go subscription: I've spent waaaaayy too much money on their plugins over the years, but will never go subscription for any software purchase so I won't be tempted to buy anything more I don't really need from them !
+1
Lol and yes!
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:40 pm
c1c2 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:09 pm
mcbpete wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:49 pm In a GAS-reduction way I weirdly do actually hope they go subscription: I've spent waaaaayy too much money on their plugins over the years, but will never go subscription for any software purchase so I won't be tempted to buy anything more I don't really need from them !
+1
Lol and yes!
++1
edit: Another subscriber to the none subscription only club.
Last edited by nordickvr on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Again, and again, I do not understand the hate over subscriptions. Why is it so evil?

PieBerger wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:10 pm
jeffb01 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:15 am Ha. Sounds like a subscription. I called it in another thread like a week ago - just because it’s the (awful) trend.
Not all subscription models are created equal. The Kilohearts one is great, for every 12 months (doesn't have to be consecutive) of paying $9.99/month, you get a $100 voucher, which can be stacked. If you subscribe for 3/5 years, you'll be able to spend your vouchers on a sale/RRP perpetual license for The Works bundle. Being less than $2/month out of pocket (net) isn't bad for instant and cheap access to all of their plugins imo.
That is actually really cool. When did that get announced?

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 am
We will present you with the Deal Of Your Lifetime next week!
Taking on Image-Line's lifetime free updates :D ?

The Slate $12.49 bundle looks a bit like taking on PA recently, pretty tempting at the price. Maybe a version of that without the educational stuff, and with a few Netflix codes, for life...
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

whannel wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:00 pm
Digivolt wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 am
We will present you with the Deal Of Your Lifetime next week!
Taking on Image-Line's lifetime free updates :D ?

The Slate $12.49 bundle looks a bit like taking on PA recently, pretty tempting at the price. Maybe a version of that without the educational stuff, and with a few Netflix codes, for life...
I'm paying 14.99 :x

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:35 pm Again, and again, I do not understand the hate over subscriptions. Why is it so evil?
Your'r right, need to clarify.
I'm not against subscription at all, till you still can buy "Full and unlimited licenses" and keep the ones you already own.
The way I understood the PA's mail, it should be the case...
Let's hope so.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm

I'm paying 14.99 :x
Probably let you switch over to the annual if you want to save a couple a month, but would need the $149 upfront I expect, in this case you either need the cash for the year first or some zero/low interest credit/loan - might not even be worth it.

The thing about subs that puts me off is not owning things, if after some time I start owning things (preferably by my choices first) subs would be ok I guess, in case I need to eat. For Roland's Cloud I'd need to start during their cheaper sale period, and waiting on a certain synth to be one of the two I get to keep...
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

Well, to be fair, I did get the first 3 months for a penny.

Well I can understand waves and slate, and I am unsure how other companies thrive. When you buy a plugin, you somewhat expect it to work after the next windows/mac update, you want bugs to be fixed and such. Subscription is more clear than those izotope plugins where a new version is released every year and some gets obsolete, but basically all of them are almost the same.

So as a customer I want to pay less of course; but also I don't want my favorite plugin companies to go out of business.

Well, forgive me, but unless there someone goes out of business, I only care about the value I get. Slate just added another plug today. I can afford 150 bucks a year, I can't afford to buy those individually.

Now, if it was 300 dollars a year, I'd probably pass. The Slate one is very convenient imo.

ATN69 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:55 pm
A few days ago we have already started to improve the Dynamic Discounts for those of you who love to simply buy plugins, and we have lowered many plugin prices recently as well. So buying plugins will be more affordable in between promotions from now on. Buy 6 plugins, get 60% off any day of the week, for example.

I am allergic to subscriptions. Once I paid for a license I like to know I don't have to keep paying for it. If there is a paid upgrade I like to have the choice if I will pay and upgrade or not. For people working full time with music production I can see that the subscription model can be a good thing. I just hope the current model with discounts, voucers, etc, will continue for people like me who like to pay cash upfront. I never jumped on Slate because subscription and I gave up Waves because of their upgrade mess. I moved over to PA and own most of their plugins so I surely hope PA will not go all in for subscriptions.
I made the mistake of doing the Slate thing and I wish I wouldn't have wasted money on a hardware iLok stick. It's now collecting dust in a drawer. I was just starting on my DAW/recording journey and I fell for their marketing.

That money could have been spent on plugins that are actually worth buying and using. [Flame suit on.]

Tappistry wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:53 pm I made the mistake of doing the Slate thing and I wish I wouldn't have wasted money on a hardware iLok stick. It's now collecting dust in a drawer. I was just starting on my DAW/recording journey and I fell for their marketing.

That money could have been spent on plugins that are actually worth buying and using. [Flame suit on.]
I hated the idea of iLok especially the need for a dongle. I was on that anti-iLok band-wagon. But, I was able to get a iLok dongle cheap so I decided to do it. Now, I have access to so much other amazing music software it's incredible. Granted there is a lot of great stuff available that is non-iLok. However there are so many iLok only products that are amazing I now really like iLok! So much so I now have two dongles! One is a back up for licenses that have more than 1 activation. I also like not having licenses on my system - I have had the experience of my machine dying and having to manually ask companies to re-issue my licenses that depend on machine ID. I am an iLok dongle convert! If you have GAS its probably best to stay away from iLok but if you can control your GAS or simply don't suffer from it (me) then iLok gives you access to a whole other world of great audio software. :party: :phones:

So now it's not just Slate hate, it's ilok hate.

I got over that 10 years ago. And it's not idea, I agree. But it's like resisting electricity in this day and age.

plexuss wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 pm
Tappistry wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:53 pm I made the mistake of doing the Slate thing and I wish I wouldn't have wasted money on a hardware iLok stick. It's now collecting dust in a drawer. I was just starting on my DAW/recording journey and I fell for their marketing.

I hated the idea of iLok especially the need for a dongle. I was on that anti-iLok band-wagon. But, I was able to get a iLok dongle cheap so I decided to do it. Now, I have access to so much other amazing music software it's incredible. Granted there is a lot of great stuff available that is non-iLok. However there are so many iLok only products that are amazing I now really like iLok! So much so I now have two dongles! One is a back up for licenses that have more than 1 activation. I also like not having licenses on my system - I have had the experience of my machine dying and having to manually ask companies to re-issue my licenses that depend on machine ID. I am an iLok dongle convert! If you have GAS its probably best to stay away from iLok but if you can control your GAS or simply don't suffer from it (me) then iLok gives you access to a whole other world of great audio software. :party: :phones:
What a bunch of nonsense and bad advices... but is ok, fill the pocket of Ilok/Pace buying their overpriced dongles or paying the yearly fee for "protection" ZDT, be dependent of them.

And this coming from you, really? you don't have problems of gas? and you just purchace/want any single reverb, compressor, delay or any single thing that is released in this forum... and you trying to portrait yourself as someone that doesn't have problems of gas...

I'm really sorry, but I had to. You talk to much nonsense sometimes, with all respect.

And by the way, people with awareness of what Ilok means is not "bandwagon", is a reality and a big problem.

Return to “Effects”