DSM V3 - Another PA plugin released today

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The bugs in DSM V2 are now resolved in V3?
Last edited by nicksohn on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd like to know this too. DSM V2 was buggy as hell. Sometimes still dropping the captured spectrum and not opening correctly with a session.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Bit more info at: http://www.proaudiodsp.com/

Haven’t checked the support section at PA. EDIT: just checked, nothing on v3 so far, not even a “release” entry.
Last edited by cturner on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 am
yellowmix wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:07 am I'm curious how much the upgrade is from DSM V2 to V3.
Based on their usual pricing model, I expect it will be $49.
How wrong could you be...

Quite a stunning marketing campaign, send out a bunch of emails telling us how they’re reducing prices of their plugins , then reduce the prices on only a few plugins in the under $99 range and then introduce the most expensive subscription plan out...

Bunch of liars it seems.

simmo75 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:29 pm Bunch of liars it seems.
Correction - bunch of desperate liars

simmo75 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:29 pm
yellowmix wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:07 am I'm curious how much the upgrade is from DSM V2 to V3.
Not wrong at all - That's exactly the price for the upgrade!

mcbpete wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 pm
simmo75 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:29 pm
Not wrong at all - That's exactly the price for the upgrade!
Hmmm...
For you maybe!
For me it’s not, which is exactly why I think this company has lost the plot.
Why offer different prices to different customers.

Q1: Do you own DSM v2?
Q2: If yes - Are you logged in ?

$179 a year for a hundred plus plugins including the three synths isn't that bad. As I already own pretty much all their plugins except the new ones I'm kinda set. We'll see what kind of sale deals the new PA policy brings. The new prices seem to indicate that PA are hoping more people will jump on the sub... time will tell.
I just purchased the $49 upgrade for the DSM V3 and the $49 cross grade from Byome to Triad with a $75 voucher... paid $23. Thanks PA.

kelvyn wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:56 pm $179 a year for a hundred plus plugins including the three synths isn't that bad. .
That's assuming that one would want to work with all of their hundred plugins right? In that case this might be good deal for someone. But who goes in that category? Someone just starting doing music...

Now you see the paradox.

Btw this is offtopic but i see now how well minded Waves marketing experts were back then. They all milked whatever they could - at the right time

I always liked the DSM v2 concept... but after using the plug for a good while I didn't find the overall quality "pristine" enough .. it always had a 'digital edge' that isn't really suited for everything. It isn't bad but I wish it was more transparent so I can always use it on the master bus for example in a more subtle technical manner. I wonder if the overall quality improved with v3 and of course... if the curve/capture BUG is finally fixed!

mcbpete wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 pm Not wrong at all - That's exactly the price for the upgrade!
that was the price for me too.

waltercruz wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:03 pm
mcbpete wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 pm Not wrong at all - That's exactly the price for the upgrade!
that was the price for me too.
For me also

Thanks for the update pricing info!

What an amazing tool! And currently on sale for 49 € :hyper:

I've tested DSM against Soothe and DSEQ on a drum group. DSM is an extremly valuable tool for smoothing out resonant frequencies. And it doesnt add a noticable latency ... other than Soothe and DSEQ in ultra modes.

:tu:

Return to “Effects”