LVC-Audio's Clipped-MAX Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The successor to ClipShifter has been released: Clipped-MAX
The normal price will be $50, but it is on sale until July 31 for $25.  It is a free upgrade for any registered ClipShifter user.

The plugin features four different clipping modules.  SHIFTER functions like the original ClipShifter by varying the clipping threshold.  STEREO is a Mid/Side clipper.  M-BAND is a flexible multiband clipper (between 2 to 6 bands).  MASTER includes 11 different clipping algorithms.  The modules can be rearrange, with the MASTER module always at the last position.

Borrowing from Limited-Z, Clipped-MAX includes true peak metering, ISP protection options and EBU metering.  Oversampling has been expanded to 128x, with both linear and minimal phase oversampling (warning, 128x plus some of the mastering algorithms can crush some CPUs). The colors of the waveform/spectrum analyzer are customizable, as is the background color for the GUI.

I should also add that for registered users of ClipShifter, just install and start Clipped-MAX. The first time it launches, it will look for the ClipShifter registration information. If it finds it, it will copy things over to Clipped-MAX. Close Clipped-MAX and relaunch. Clipped-MAX should now show that it is registered.

If you have any problems, just PM me or use the contact form on the website.

Thank you for the free upgrade. I'm looking forward to trying out all the new possibilites of my favourite clippers successor!

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:37 pm Thank you for the free upgrade. I'm looking forward to trying out all the new possibilites of my favourite clippers successor!
+1

Holy crap this is good.

Thank you LVC for the free update. Very generous. Your plugins are true powerhouses.

Yay! Instant buy. Thanks for the amazing work :) feedback forthcoming.

Excellent update! Also make sure to check out the manual - it's excellent. It's nice to see Plugin Doctor analysis examples in it as well! :tu:

Yes, great manual along with a stellar product. The manual really is informative to clipping newbs like myself. This has to be the deepest clipper I've ever used!

jbarish wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 am Yes, great manual along with a stellar product. The manual really is informative to clipping newbs like myself. This has to be the deepest clipper I've ever used!
Yes, reading about the various clipping algorithms and seeing the frequency plots in the manual is great. Plus, this is a real KVR plugin, because it all started with the original version of Clipshifter in the Developer Challenge 2012. So, it has come a long way. I also like the approach by some of the smaller developers like LVC Audio, who keep on improving and enhancing on the original concept of a product once released, rather than releasing something and then abandoning it, like some of the larger, more commercial companies do. That's why I like developers like LVC Audio, Tokyo Dawn Labs, Toneboosters and Klanghelm, to name a few of the good ones.

Yeah! There's that real "nth degree" philosophy to LVC Audio's work, particularly in their MAX plugins. They seem to leave no stone unturned in their quest for the ultimate feature-set. A real respect for sound and signal quality too. 128X Oversampling in this one for example.

That's a good point. When I see what a company like LVC, and the others you mentioned, offers in their products it sets my expecations for other developers. When a larger dev comes out with a product with obvious features missing, it's irritating! if one guy in a home office can do it why can't a larger company? Oh. Right. Larger company = more people = less done = more expensive. When I post about missing obvious features in those larger-company release threads, I usually get sh*t on by some fraction of the user-base here for mentioning it. The audio software world is strangely irrational. :party:

It is hard when developing these plugins to not include everything. For even simple plugins (like a clipper), there are so many ways to implement and arrange the elements. If it makes sense, I try to make parameters into a button or control instead of hard-coding it. I guess this makes the plugins complicated, but I hate thinking of a feature and not putting it in because it might complicate things.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Purchased (even though I already had Clip Shifter).

Nice plugin!

GusGranite wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:44 am This is exactly what I was looking for. Purchased (even though I already had Clip Shifter).

Nice plugin!
Oh no. Don't purchase it twice. PM me and I can refund the purchase. I want this to be a free update for ClipShifter users. If anyone is having issues, just contact me and I can resend registration information.

random_id wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 am
GusGranite wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:44 am This is exactly what I was looking for. Purchased (even though I already had Clip Shifter).

Nice plugin!
Oh no. Don't purchase it twice. PM me and I can refund the purchase. I want this to be a free update for ClipShifter users. If anyone is having issues, just contact me and I can resend registration information.
Will PM you. Thx

Return to “Effects”