More whining about waves

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just learned I can only use waves plugins on ONE machine at a time. Should be 2 machines IMO :cry:

if you can afford having two machines, you certainly can afford two licenses. /s
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Ridiculous. I'm certainly not paying full price. I'll have to wait for one of their offers, and then I have two instances of their plugins on both machines..... that is so stupid.

BTW... what happens if the machine my licenses are on fails? I lose my licenses? this keeps getting better.

Do you use the plugins on 2 machines at the same time? So moving Waves licenses on an USB Stick doesn't help?

Yeah, you CAN use it on several machines, just not at the same time.

But, ya, would be easier not to have to do that license moving stuff.

Etienne1973 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:45 am Do you use the plugins on 2 machines at the same time? So moving Waves licenses on an USB Stick doesn't help?

I broke out a macbook pro this morning and hooked into the "mothership" to offload some cpu drag. Suddenly realized i can't use these here plugs on 2 machines. :?

If you want to use it on your Macbook, open up Waves Central on the other computer, choose Manage Licenses, choose your computer on the left, move the respective license to the License Cloud, click Send licenses, and then do the same on your Macbook, just send the license to it. When you're done with that, send the license back to your other computer the same way. Not very comfortable, but, at least you'll be able to use the plugin on one computer at a time.

Burillo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:34 am if you can afford having two machines, you certainly can afford two licenses. /s
Logic fail
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:40 am
Burillo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:34 am if you can afford having two machines, you certainly can afford two licenses. /s
Logic fail
Humour fail.

Gamma-UT wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:32 pm
Logic fail
Humour fail.
Fail fail.

:party:

Logic fail
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%2Fs
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

i now have all waves plugs on two machines and have to transfer licenses back and forth.

#iwantmygigsback

... and no uninstall.

This is probably the most educational content Iv seen here on KVR in a while, quite happy to tick my new thing learnt for the day lol
Burillo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 pm
Logic fail
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%2Fs

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:44 pm ... and no uninstall.
Yep, that sucks. Never understood why Waves needs to roll their own so much. No DLL's, no uninstall, odd license activation...

Well, won't complain, the plugins are nice (at least the ones i own), and affordable.

Return to “Effects”