Interesting new IR loader......

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.stltones.com/pages/stl-igni ... cb79b441ff

Mr. Wallet say no right now, and there is no demo that I can see but it's a tantalizing option.

What I really need is an IR loader that's also an organizer/tagged browser. Like the U-he browser but for IRs. Let me tag my IRs by: cabinet type, speaker manufacturer, microphone, speaker configuration, etc. and let me combine those tags and mark favorites to quickly find what I want.

Bonus points if it can do some speaker dynamics modeling. That'll be the one that gets my money.

I'd been using their free NadIR plug for cab IRs, which is great, so I bought this on "impulse."

It's pretty sweet.

So far I like using it for three impulses at a time in a triangle, two cabs and one room. The cartesian center control is automatable and I've gotten some very cool effects by throwing it towards the room IR during sustained notes.

I think the resonance control does some sort of speaker dynamic modeling, but am not entirely sure about that...

What would really put it over the top would be if it could handle longer IRs like spring reverbs and big spaces, imagine being able to blend and automate between multiple reverb types. Unfortunately it seems to only work with short IRs like cabs and rooms. I've sent in a support request for longer decays - maybe it's not possible.
The other thing it's missing is panning the different cabs left and right, not sure why they left that out. Currently it seems that it's mainly designed for combining multiple impulses into a single impulse that can be exported and if you want it hard panned with a different impulse use NadIR for that.

All in all, I'm glad I got it. It's really great for quickly comparing different IRs and finding cool blends that one otherwise would not have thought of.

What host/setup do you use? Any glitches or problems? I'm always leery of buying w/o trying.

Yeah, it's a gamble without a demo. I only did it cause I like NadIR so much.

I use the VST3 with Cubase 10 Pro on an iMac. I think I noticed a little crackling when moving between 8 speakers, but with 3 the movement was silky smooth. While I'm planning to automate the motion, I get the sense that it is more designed to create your own single IR combinations. Move the location until you like the sound, then export.

No glitches or problems, seems rock solid so far.

oh, an iLok plugin. Too bad :(

lajosuti wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:01 am oh, an iLok plugin. Too bad :(

Oh no, not again :lol:

First of all, I'm pretty sure they do cloud. And if not you missing more than boycotting a protection scheme that is legit.

evo2slo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:17 am Yeah, it's a gamble without a demo. I only did it cause I like NadIR so much.

I use the VST3 with Cubase 10 Pro on an iMac. I think I noticed a little crackling when moving between 8 speakers, but with 3 the movement was silky smooth. While I'm planning to automate the motion, I get the sense that it is more designed to create your own single IR combinations. Move the location until you like the sound, then export.

No glitches or problems, seems rock solid so far.
Sounds good even though I'm on doze. Mr. Wallet is not impressed with me lately (all work no play makes Jack a very dull boy :hihi: ) but I feel this is up my ally.

reggie1979 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:45 am
lajosuti wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:01 am oh, an iLok plugin. Too bad :(

Oh no, not again :lol:

First of all, I'm pretty sure they do cloud. And if not you missing more than boycotting a protection scheme that is legit.
Oh, it's not a disaster indeed, it prevents me from buying all plugins when I only use reaverb for cabs :) (but I admit those stl guitar sims are very attractive)

Return to “Effects”