Sonimus plugins appreciation.

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
v1o
KVRAF
2053 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:57 pm

I own SonEQ Free, SonEQ Pro, Sweetone, Satson and StonEQ 4K.

SoneEQ Pro was the first professional EQ plugin I ever bought. Before that I either used stock plugins or freeware. Sonimus plugins along with plug-ins from Fuse Audio & Klanghelm make for an absolutely insane combo of affordable analogue sounding effects.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

samsam
KVRAF
3002 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Right at the beginning the dev posted on KVR but basically got hounded for no good reason by a clown here. He doesn't seem to post anymore.

I find the sound of their plugins very nice indeed.

escalona
KVRian
621 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks to whoever mentioned Britson as gain staging plugin. I don't know why I didn't think of it (probably i have way too many plugins that it's clouding my judgement). I went ahead with Britson as first plugin in all tracks, and the results were really astonishing.
Presonus StudioOne 4.5 Pro i9-9900k Win10 Pro / Kemper Profiler / Bunch of old gear

DeathByGuitar
KVRist
70 posts since 4 Feb, 2006

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:19 am

samsam wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:03 pm
Right at the beginning the dev posted on KVR but basically got hounded for no good reason by a clown here. He doesn't seem to post anymore.

I find the sound of their plugins very nice indeed.
One of the developers is a good friend of mine and reads everything people say on KVR and Gearslutz, mainly because I tell him about it. He posted earlier in the thread and they always appreciate the feedback.

Here's to more Sonimus in the future!

scalawag
KVRian
606 posts since 3 May, 2004

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:36 pm

They are all TOP!

AdvancedFollower
KVRian
563 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:16 pm

I have Satson CS, StoneEQ 4k and TuCo. They're all top notch quality at very reasonable prices.
I use Satson CS all the time. It's great on buses for gluing multiple tracks together. StoneEQ is still useful when you just want an EQ module with built in saturation.

I've also started using TuCo a lot recently. It takes some getting used to, but it works great on drums. The Drive and Mix knobs are great for making everything really punchy.
Will probably get Sweetone too. I have several surgical EQ's, but Sweetone seems great for overall shaping of the tone.

s28
KVRist
367 posts since 9 Aug, 2017

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:18 am

AdvancedFollower wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:16 pm
I have Satson CS, StoneEQ 4k and TuCo. They're all top notch quality at very reasonable prices.
I use Satson CS all the time. It's great on buses for gluing multiple tracks together. StoneEQ is still useful when you just want an EQ module with built in saturation.

I've also started using TuCo a lot recently. It takes some getting used to, but it works great on drums. The Drive and Mix knobs are great for making everything really punchy.
Will probably get Sweetone too. I have several surgical EQ's, but Sweetone seems great for overall shaping of the tone.
Sweetone is one of the best in my opinion. The preamp is a super nice flavour and whilst I love running satson for it's filters, the filters on sweetone are so damn smooth, combined with the tilt filter it's a really powerful mixing tool.

TuCo took a bit of getting used to for me as well, also love it on drums.
Here's to more Sonimus in the future!
Definetely!

Symphony Sid
KVRist
72 posts since 25 Jul, 2019

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:26 pm

s28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:18 am
Sweetone is one of the best in my opinion. The preamp is a super nice flavour and whilst I love running satson for it's filters, the filters on sweetone are so damn smooth, combined with the tilt filter it's a really powerful mixing tool.

TuCo took a bit of getting used to for me as well, also love it on drums.
+1 on Sweetone. What about TuCo requires getting used to???

badass_billy
KVRist
100 posts since 14 Jul, 2018

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:36 pm

Symphony Sid wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:26 pm
s28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:18 am
Sweetone is one of the best in my opinion. The preamp is a super nice flavour and whilst I love running satson for it's filters, the filters on sweetone are so damn smooth, combined with the tilt filter it's a really powerful mixing tool.

TuCo took a bit of getting used to for me as well, also love it on drums.
+1 on Sweetone. What about TuCo requires getting used to???
It doesn't have traditional threshold, attack, ratio or knee controls. You just have to use your ears and get used to how it does things.

s28
KVRist
367 posts since 9 Aug, 2017

Re: Sonimus plugins appreciation.

Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Symphony Sid wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:26 pm
s28 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:18 am
Sweetone is one of the best in my opinion. The preamp is a super nice flavour and whilst I love running satson for it's filters, the filters on sweetone are so damn smooth, combined with the tilt filter it's a really powerful mixing tool.

TuCo took a bit of getting used to for me as well, also love it on drums.
+1 on Sweetone. What about TuCo requires getting used to???
I just had to find it's place in my sound. It's really versatile so I kept finding new uses for it.... hence a bit of getting used to.

Return to “Effects”