Valhalla Delay is creating some unique sound-design effects for me - what plugins do you use to creatively morph sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:26 pm
mister-rz wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am
Russell Grand wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 pm Remnant looks really cool. I was a beta tester for Creative Intent's distortion plugin. Nick's a great developer with some unique ideas and low prices so I'm excited to try out his new one!

Has anyone else tried/bought Remnant yet? If so, what do you think of it? Other than this one small mention here in this thread, I haven't seen anyone bringing it up. One thing lacking with C.I. is his lack of creating any kind of buzz whatsoever for his new releases; Remmant was released to little or no fanfare.

Nick, if you read this: you need to market your products better, bud, or no one's gonna know they exist. :tu:
My plan was to get this at the end of the month, then my mbp crapped out on me (2011 gpu issue), as I was nearing the end of a project I need to see the back of for my own sanity. Last few days have been intense, tears, shouting into my brown paper bag, if it wasn't for my emotional support animal, I'm not sure what I would've done.

One big bank loan later and the wheels are back on, going to get this and navy to celebrate near the tail end of the month, thought it sounded interesting from some of the demo's on pb when it went back up, different enough from my other tools.
Oh man, I'm really sorry to read this, rz. I can relate as I've had a few computers die on me before and I've lost more unfinished/finished tracks than I'd care to remember. I do hope you're exaggerating about your tears and shouting, though I can empathize with you and totally get it if those were your actual reactions. I've been there and I hope I'm never there again; the same goes for you!

I'm just glad you're back in the saddle. :tu:
If and when you buy and try out Remnant, please let us know how it is!
I admit, was being salty and embellishing my response to try and find some humour in my predicament, turned out well in the end tho, did start panicking slightly and considered getting credit for a replacement direct from the shop and even worse, the catalogue, but in the end just went to the bank and got a much lower apr. Now I twiddle my thumbs until the replacement arrives.

Been there in the past too, hard drive keels over or some other calamity, use externals for projects and do weekly backups to try and avoid that sinking feeling that unfolds over weeks when you realise just how much you lost. Will post back a report after I get remnant, unless of course something else pops up, 89% off for one day only and my simple mind goes, oooh do I need it, that discount is ample and for one day. Thanks for the positive vibes tho, very much appreciated. :phones:

In regards to guitar rig, if like me you've overlooked it, because of all the other stuff in komplete. Start with a clean slate, go to components>tools then load container, go through some of the presets, one of my favs is orbiting berlin.

To open the container to edit the effects chain or drag new modules in and out, use the arrow at the bottom of the container gui or the one next to the cross. It will give you an idea of what you can get out of guitar rig fx wise, I like gt5 for crystallizer type sounds, pitch shifting delays and reverbs plus rough sounding flanges, choruses etc.

mister-rz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:20 pm In regards to guitar rig, if like me you've overlooked it, because of all the other stuff in komplete. Start with a clean slate, go to components>tools then load container, go through some of the presets, one of my favs is orbiting berlin.

To open the container to edit the effects chain or drag new modules in and out, use the arrow at the bottom of the container gui or the one next to the cross. It will give you an idea of what you can get out of guitar rig fx wise, I like gt5 for crystallizer type sounds, pitch shifting delays and reverbs plus rough sounding flanges, choruses etc.
+1
The Psychedelay is still one of the most interesting sounding effects I have used for guitars.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:41 pm
mister-rz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:20 pm In regards to guitar rig, if like me you've overlooked it, because of all the other stuff in komplete. Start with a clean slate, go to components>tools then load container, go through some of the presets, one of my favs is orbiting berlin.

+1
The Psychedelay is still one of the most interesting sounding effects I have used for guitars.
Psychedelay is one of my favs as well, there is some interesting user presets in the guitar rig section on n.i site if you haven't seen them, been using some of them as starting points.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/c ... uitar-rig/

Anything from Zynaptiq.
Simply magical.

This isn't something I do a lot of but my go-tos are Tantra, Glitch 2 (surprised no-one else mentioned it) and Output's Movement. Tantra has probably taken over from Glitch but Glitch still has many tricks up its sleeve that Tantra can't offer. I only got Movement recently, cheap 2nd hand, and I haven't really explored it but some of the presets are very tasty indeed. I also use some of my big distortion effects, like Guitar Rig, to completely mangle things until they are unrecognisable.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 pm
MasterTuner wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:40 pm
tshear23 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 pm the Michael Norris spectral plugs
those are very nice, and what I am looking for.
However, they are MAC only. :? ouch.
Sinevibes!
Wait, Mac only. Ouch! :D
Yes all OS X only. And man, they are fantastic. Pure sonic magic! :P

On gearslutsz, Sean wrote he's working on new additional models for val.delay :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:37 am On gearslutsz, Sean wrote he's working on new additional models for val.delay :tu:
Granular? :pray:

I wouldn't bet on that
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Me neither :hihi:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:37 am On gearslutsz, Sean wrote he's working on new additional models for val.delay :tu:
Is this an upgrade to the existing Valhalla Delay?
I've got it on demo at the moment, and I'm on the fence.
An interesting upgrade might push me off the fence.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

deleted
Last edited by kgdrum on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

OP asks about morphing sounds.

Tantra is kind of a cheat in this realm.

BigSeq2 by audio damage is nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPUEo98ISW4

Also like the discontinued LinPlug plugin - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/relectro-by-linplug

MasterTuner wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:56 am
Is this an upgrade to the existing Valhalla Delay?
I've got it on demo at the moment, and I'm on the fence.
An interesting upgrade might push me off the fence.
One reason Sean aka Valhalla gets so much love on the internet is he routinely updates,adds presets and modes to existing products which are already great plugins. Sean is a wonderful responsive developer and offers no BS pricing.
Last edited by kgdrum on Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Return to “Effects”