Soundtoys 6 - What would you like to see?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yehboy1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:31 am Is there any rule that says we can't start talking about Soundtoys 7 until Soundtoys 6 is out?

If not, I'd like to begin the discussion.
I'd like a whole raft of plugins that will magically allow me to *make music*. I haven't been making much lately; clearly, this is a plugin issue.
A well-behaved signature.

jens wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:17 pm
SparkySpark wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:25 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:08 pm „I was wondering what other users would like to see?“

A bundle price of 100$ for new customers.
Actually the academic price is now just 149 (instead of 249). I thought it was compelling, but after having read this thread, I don't know... :?
https://www.soundtoys.com/product/academic-bundle/
149$ for the lot is a total bargain - even if you will end up finding some of them a lot more useful than others.
Thanks Jens - I've always trusted your opinion when it comes to sound.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:23 pm I'd like a whole raft of plugins that will magically allow me to *make music*. I haven't been making much lately; clearly, this is a plugin issue.
Maybe you should jump the current Ozone sale? That would let you focus on creativity (it's the reason Ozone was developed) and not so much the fine-calibrating things (which are auto-configured for you).
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Can't wait to release my upcoming ep that features 20 minutes of different sine sweeps played at different speeds. Will only be released on vinyl. Sorry, no digital release for you uncultered folks.

Yes, thank you for not releasing sine sweeps but I really want to hear your hihats, snares and synths filled with loads of aliasing underneath them!

HcDoom wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:29 pm Yes, thank you for not releasing sine sweeps but I really want to hear your hihats, snares and synths filled with loads of aliasing underneath them!
And only the .001% with golden ears like you would be able to hear the aliasing in a full mix :wink:. That is the point in the end right? In the context of a mix...

SparkySpark wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:23 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:23 pm I'd like a whole raft of plugins that will magically allow me to *make music*. I haven't been making much lately; clearly, this is a plugin issue.
Maybe you should jump the current Ozone sale? That would let you focus on creativity (it's the reason Ozone was developed) and not so much the fine-calibrating things (which are auto-configured for you).
Agreed. If I buy enough plugins, the music should magically come pouring forth, eventually.
A well-behaved signature.

SeeingInMidi wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 am
HcDoom wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:29 pm Yes, thank you for not releasing sine sweeps but I really want to hear your hihats, snares and synths filled with loads of aliasing underneath them!
And only the .001% with golden ears like you would be able to hear the aliasing in a full mix :wink:. That is the point in the end right? In the context of a mix...
Actually, What I will hear is not aliasing but the effect of it, weird harmonics, no spatial separation, mudiness, etc etc. If you cant hear that, than mixing and producing is not for you!

I on the other hand rather think that if you insert processes that add lots of overtones on channels that carry signals which already have a significant amount of their spectrum at around 10k or even above, then mixing is not for you. :razz:

Normally people try to get rid of nasty highs, I'd think.

"but it adds aliasing if I put it on that high ringing cowbell mimimi mimimi" - "well then don't put it on that cowbell!"

There, I fixed your problem... :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

HcDoom wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:47 am
SeeingInMidi wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 am
Actually, What I will hear is not aliasing but the effect of it, weird harmonics, no spatial separation, mudiness, etc etc. If you cant hear that, than mixing and producing is not for you!
Tell that to countless of engineers who have been using tons of aliasing plugins for the past two decades that mixing isn't for them. Goodbye Gudwin, Scheps... No more mixing itb for you Serban Ghenea, there's too much aliasing in all those top 40 charting tracks that you have mixed. Don't get me started on that new Beck record, too much aliasing... at the end of the day, aliasing or not, it all comes down to the mixer.

simmo75 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 am I love Soundtoys sound but they’re so fugly!
I hope they redo their GUI’s from scratch and make them resizable.
sign, opening presets took ages. Plus, their support is low. I am waiting since 11 days for an answer. :evil:

SeeingInMidi wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:23 pm Tell that to countless of engineers who have been using tons of aliasing plugins for the past two decades that mixing isn't for them. Goodbye Gudwin, Scheps... No more mixing itb for you Serban Ghenea, there's too much aliasing in all those top 40 charting tracks that you have mixed. Don't get me started on that new Beck record, too much aliasing... at the end of the day, aliasing or not, it all comes down to the mixer.
Can you please show me where did they use plugins that alias? Honestly, I would love to see that. I only know Dave Pensado tried Decapitator couple of times in his show and on end always used his hw for saturation.

simmo75 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 am I love Soundtoys sound but they’re so fugly!
I just don't get this. There's nothing "fugly" about them to me. Have you seen like 70% of the sh*t that's made with Synthedit? :hihi:

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:18 pm
I just don't get this. There's nothing "fugly" about them to me. Have you seen like 70% of the sh*t that's made with Synthedit? :hihi:
On the flip-side, maybe you need to stop checking out so many fugly Synthedit plugins. They may be messing with your sense of perspective. :lol:

The older stuff like Cyrstalizer, Echoboy, Phase Mistress, etc. definitely look dated and ugly. 100% black knobs on a 100% black background, aliased text (more aliasing!!!), red leds...not good looking GUI's by any measure IMO. The newer ones have average to good looking GUI's.

Meh I've seen much worse. But to each his own. I get that some people hate the old Soundtoys GUIs. :D

Return to “Effects”