Finalizer by TC Electronics - audio mastering suite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://finalizer.com/finalizer-mastering/

Looks quite sweet, and is available at an intro price of $99. Always wary of these all-in-one bundles, but curious about this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMEUxRhmQUg

Gave it a shot last night.

I though the spectral graph was really cool. Every time you make a change it recalculates the spectral graph. Makes it easy to pull in a reference track and to flip around stuff while it handles the gain matching.

Actual workflow, feels weird. EQ feels clunky to use, although there's a number of presets you can just drop in. Limiter is nothing special. Felt like most of the tools where merely passable but if you have your own plugins you use for mastering already this is probably not an upgrade in any way and not sure why you'd want to use it. You can't load your own plugins, and it doesn't work in your DAW. It's 100% stand along which really limits how you can use it.

Overall seems really niche. It's only real strength is reference matching or comparison.

Is there any realitionship to the hw finalizer? Just watched the IMHO terrible marketing video..
I liked master x3 on poco.

EDIT: Oh, just watching the FAQ, looks like MD3 and MD4 algos are included. :love:

This looks... awful. Seriously dreadful. Not even going to bother trying the demo. I don't want a stand alone do it all app. I want to be able to load various TC components into my own plugin chain and use them how I see fit. I really can't understand why TC did this. They had (hopefully still have) an opportunity to do something special and completely blew it. If they wanted the standalone app idea, then they should have done what IK did which is offer both an app for those that want an all-in-one suite, but then break down the individual processors into plugins.

Had they offered plugins I'd have probably jumped on it, but this... no way. Complete pass. Maybe they'll do re-do another product later on like Softube did with Weiss. That's what I expected here. Take the algo's out of the 6000, update the interface for 2019 DAW standards and make something really compelling. Too bad and a seriously missed opportunity IMO.

Meh. Old repackaged algorithms that didn't stand the test of time. Can't integrate it in existing workflows. Overpriced. Nothing that can't be done better with other tools.

Complete pass indeed. :dog:

The fact that it doesn't integrate with a DAW as a vst instead of a standalone app makes this less appealing.

I wonder if this includes the five band compressor as seen in MD4

Damn, I assumed that this was a VST, doesn't make a lot of sense to be standalone-only. Maybe a mod can move this thread to the "Hosts & Applications" section?

Return to “Effects”