So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hard to imagine how tiny SW companies like NI, who give away all Mac versions of their products for free, can cope with updating their Mac OS plugins.

You need to be a behemoth like TAL and charge high subscription fees to successfully deal with this unexpected change to Apple's architecture.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I also hope that one day NI will be as big as TAL and their plugins will look at least as good and will be retina ready as well.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:23 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:49 am I’ll be interested to see what amps and effects get introduced next.
And if they will be free... :)
Very good point!! Now I’m getting the suspicion it will be for a price.

Although, NI has new management who are looking to create a more unified product line. Who knows how they will drive things forward beyond that.

New Amp (+ 100 new TR808 BD Samples) every month for only $9.99/month! ;)

mumpcake wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:49 pm It's a shame Apple has to waste so many developers' time.
Apple Silicon looks great! Doesn't seem like a waste at all.

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:53 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:23 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:49 am I’ll be interested to see what amps and effects get introduced next.
And if they will be free... :)
Very good point!! Now I’m getting the suspicion it will be for a price.

Although, NI has new management who are looking to create a more unified product line. Who knows how they will drive things forward beyond that.
NI does some amazing stuff, and some head-scratching stuff. I hope a more unified product line will mean unification around the amazing part :)

pdxindy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 pm
mumpcake wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:49 pm It's a shame Apple has to waste so many developers' time.
Of course that something an Apple koolaid drinker would say. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:25 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 pm
Of course that something an Apple koolaid drinker would say. :)
Fortunately, their koolaid tastes great. Not everything has poison in it. :P

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:53 am
If you look at the new NI management team,it is clear that their strategy of establishing a unified product line will be focused on the financial side of the equation...

There will be the usual management speak with lots of rhetorical BS,but the private equity debt has to be paid back and there is only one way to balance a ledger and bring it into profit :wink:
No auto tune...

The MatrixBrute through replika delay, shimmer and raum in guitar rig.

https://youtu.be/-GO77TOJUBk

Nice, another example of why they should not have called it 'Guitar' Rig!
Its an FX Rack that includes amp simulators!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hindsight is 20/20 :D

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 am Hindsight is 20/20 :D
yeah.. I think in NI marketing did some videos showing what else guitar rig can be used for it might garner some more interest. right now, i think they are a minor player in the guitar amp sim landscape. IKM and NeuralDSP are sort of leading the way and pummeling the competition. Word on the street is another big player is also about to drop a big upgraded version on the market which will make it even more competitive.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

They should add the small print words "Not Just" into the G of Guitar Rig

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I don't even consider it as viable ampsim anymore. However, it is and always has been a great FX rack IMHO. It still gets a lot of use in that role around these parts.

Return to “Effects”