PA is flooding the subscription model market...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:39 am Another game changer! Awesome! :hihi:

.. man I had to unsubscribe from their shitty mailing list. The spam is completely out of control.
Same. I wanted to keep following along from a perspective of industry analysis, but it's just too many emails.

.. man I had to unsubscribe from their shitty mailing list. The spam is completely out of control.
Or subscribe the MEGA bundle. I don't get any of the smaller subscription announcements, and I'm on the PA mailing list. :)

PieBerger wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:15 pmbut on the hand it can deter would be customers from taking a risk on the same new licenses, because there's no chance of being able to recoup any funds from selling it on, if it doesn't work out.
Eventually the 4$ madness of old PA will be a distant memory. People are only willing to sell for so little, because even at those prices there's every chance they are turning a profit. However, from now on, the cheapest new prices look like they will be from 50% flash sales ($150). And once the bargain basement deals have all been snapped up, the prices will stabilise at a more realistic level.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:07 pm Eventually the 4$ madness of old PA will be a distant memory. People are only willing to sell for so little, because even at those prices there's every chance they are turning a profit. However, from now on, the cheapest new prices look like they will be from 50% flash sales ($150). And once the bargain basement deals have all been snapped up, the prices will stabilise at a more realistic level.
I bet you a goat and three monkeys that we'll see $29 deals again before the end of 2020.

show me the goat.

jochicago wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm I bet you a goat and three monkeys that we'll see $29 deals again before the end of 2020.
You are right. And you are welcome to keep your animals. :D

jochicago wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:07 pm Eventually the 4$ madness of old PA will be a distant memory. People are only willing to sell for so little, because even at those prices there's every chance they are turning a profit. However, from now on, the cheapest new prices look like they will be from 50% flash sales ($150). And once the bargain basement deals have all been snapped up, the prices will stabilise at a more realistic level.
I bet you a goat and three monkeys that we'll see $29 deals again before the end of 2020.
Well, you might be right that "we'll see $29 deals", but not in the way it used to be done. The odd flash/bonkers/1-day sale on a couple of items, maybe. And I'm sure there'll be a few low-balling around Black Friday. But I doubt it'll ever go back to how it was in the good ol' days :shrug:

Klinke wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:04 pm

Or subscribe the MEGA bundle. I don't get any of the smaller subscription announcements, and I'm on the PA mailing list. :)
are you suggesting that the idea is to cause people to subscribe just to stop the emails? :o

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:04 pm show me the goat.

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:48 pm
you've never worked on a farm, have you?

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:48 pm
Looks like a sportsman of some kind. Definitely not a goat :shrug:

sportsman? i was thinking ancient warrior race from the face paint :o

Braveheart‘s offspring?

https://youtu.be/1NJO0jxBtMo

nah, more ancient, before colour paints where a thing.

ewe must be kidding
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Effects”