Good News from Nomad Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

$99 for the Integral Studio Pack III, instant buy.

As to NF being in limbo over upgrades since 2015...
IIRC the owner died about that time 2015/2016. With no leader I think the company was (kinda) taken over by Plugivery. It would seem their efforts have been in developing the web stuff and maybe now, development work can progress with NF.
Good to hear.

BTW has anyone got any opinions on the Analog Signature Pack... specifically the Fairchild emulation, LM-662 Dual Limiting Amplifier ?

Buy them all, you will not lose your money...what i think about lm-662 ? It is very good.you can find better but you can found worst,i still use my NF after all the year.if you don t have the budget to buy them so buy only Magma.

hivkorn wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:12 am Good to know : this is C/R BUT during the auth process,NF explain how to back up the autorisation file to don t have to request a new autorisation each time your HD fails or format ;)
I am fairly sure that I can not authorize it on a new pc as that's the main reason for C/R, and as Nomad was a vendor that refused to give me a new code (and being burned by other companies that went down) I surely won't buy a Nomad C/R plugin anymore.

ramseysounds wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am
rasmusklump wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:52 am I'd like to buy some of these but not with c/r.
Why? :shrug:
Did it happen to you that you couldn't load old projects because they contained C/R plugins you couldn't authorize any longer ? Happened to me. I don't buy any c/r software anymore. Only eLicenser, Ilok or reg file.

Found it (well one).
Well, what do you know...
I still have some memory left...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/for-tho ... ctory.html

@hiv ty about 662..
I'll demo.

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:32 am
ramseysounds wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am
rasmusklump wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:52 am I'd like to buy some of these but not with c/r.
Why? :shrug:
Did it happen to you that you couldn't load old projects because they contained C/R plugins you couldn't authorize any longer ? Happened to me. I don't buy any c/r software anymore. Only eLicenser, Ilok or reg file.
Oh right, fair enough :tu: . (I was curious as to your reason too)

Anyone know if the gui’s are resizable?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

No resizable yet.
I talk for me, no offense for someone, some time ago i was stuck for a registration problem with NF plugins, the vendor help me , he deliver me brand new auth.I was in contact with Bernie himself just before he gone , i remember he was nice and open for every problem.

ramseysounds wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:44 pm Anyone know if the gui’s are resizable?
The announcement says that reworking the GUIs is on the improvements list. It's reasonable to assume that will include some degree of resize-ability. I confess I'm partial to the vintage look of some of the Nomad Factory plug-ins, even though that means nothing as far as the sound goes. I hope we don't lose that in the process.

I'd also speculate that there will be a few improvements in internal deficiencies, availability of VST 3 format, and maybe even an external sidechain capability here and there for the dynamics modules.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I excitedly bought Magma but it never worked in any of the DAWs I have ever used - Reaper, Samplitude, now Studio one. It always crashes. How did they never fixed Magma? It is a wonderful plugin IF it ever works!

Hoping that this time around they'll actually make Magma usable!

BTW How's their ASR - Analog Studio rack plugins? Good?

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scatman84 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:47 amHoping that this time around they'll actually make Magma usable!
Never bought it myself but I believe the problem was when the dev died and Nomad/DontCrack took over the source code, it was a mess, with various bits, duplicates and versions on different drives, computers etc. If it's taken them this long to piece it all together just so they can recompile it, let alone fix all the problems, I wouldn't be surprised.
scatman84 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:47 amBTW How's their ASR - Analog Studio rack plugins? Good?
I bought it when it came out, used it once and completely forgot about it. That's not to say it isn't good, just that, well, I forgot I had it :D

Seem to remember it was quite usable. Might have to dig it out and try it again.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

lot to say here.

blue tubes is one of the more classic bundles of software in the game. finished before bernie passed, and the stuff made back then is still flawless. the newer stuff is amazing sound quality, and its very useful, but it's some of the more buggy software. it's just not very stable. it really depends a lot on your system and especially your DAW as to the results you will get, so its imperative you test before hand. for instance, in reaper, Magma will constantly drop and take the whole DAW with it. i've noticed that it does it in the "effects" scene though, and you can work around that by using it in the routing scene. it does NOT crash in some other DAWS though. Garbage lsd will not show up in the right click drop down menu of the fx tab in reaper. the registration is convoluted and repetitive. sometimes it will take and sometimes it will not. authentication has to be done EXACTLY word for word as it says in the instructions in order, and then cross your fingers. that being said, they will respond to tickets, they just will probably give you a convoluted answer like "try again." i like the software and continue to buy in hopes of continued development, but it is buggy, unstable stuff. know that ahead of time.

Return to “Effects”