VSTplug coalition white black vocal processor beta released (32+64VST2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jochicago wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:55 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:59 am that the government limited audio recording to 20KHz and under for WW2 propaganda purposes?
I don't want to derail this thread further along, but I'm trying to understand. What would be the propaganda advantage of low-passing at 20khz? What's the expected psychological impact of removing inaudible frequencies?
Asking questions like these. :wink:

On a more serious note, there is nothing to understand. It is pretty obvious from the linked thread that OP has some mental problems (that he is hopefully aware of and getting help for). So it does not make sense to discuss any of this.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

so, here's the latest beta. Sorry, I was hoping to be able to release a final but I worked on this all day. There were some challenges with the x64 switches and conditionals. I tried various methods and had to fall back on some low tech styles that work.

So, in the case of ableton, that only accepts 13 automate - able knobs, I chose to automate volume width and a mid from the mid side options.

The other version will be able to automate everything though of course.

get that here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vstplu ... oz-records

And I made a video, but couldn't talk or anything, it's too late. But you'll get the idea of how the whiteblack works. Whiteblack is about bright and dark, and how you can make a device that eats and molds reverb.
https://youtu.be/EPH-UlGTgwc

You cannot go wrong with the white black, presets ordered tomorrow, new features on their way and manuals.

Make sure to check out infected sounds and fanan team audio for your audio needs. Also, check out more effects by king oz records to make the most of your DAW on a budget :).

Thanks for the video, looks very interesting.
So the white side seems to me like a Mid/Side eq with mono/stereo-maker tools.
What's the "diode" on the black side?

jochicago wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:06 am Thanks for the video, looks very interesting.
So the white side seems to me like a Mid/Side eq with mono/stereo-maker tools.
What's the "diode" on the black side?
The diode uses a tanh like simulation and it deviates at a random method by a 100,000'th a percentile like something natural. It prevents the sound from always being the same.

Admittedly, using amplification, I kept the effect down. In My mind, by adding something like a diode, the sound becomes less understandable in a scientific way. I think that it is a good setting for bass, both pre, pro and low mid.

BTW, found a surefire way to get those switches working again, will save 4% cpu unless you turn on all features.

BlueprintInc wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:43 pm I wouldn't use either, but probably something like this:

Code: Select all

float select3(float * left, bool value) {
    return *left * value;
}
Anyways I'd benchmark the cost of a simple multiplication which can already be combined with other operations vs. the 50% chance of a failed branch prediciton and the jumps.
Yeah this newer version uses multiplication. sadly, no mem saved. Found a way to move back to switches.

Hi, thanks for this plugin, I've already downloaded v 2.0 and have tried to download the latest 2.06 but there's nothing in the zip archive, thought I'd let you know

Nothing? *looks at 2.06 ok, sorry updating in an hour, sorry something must have happened when i transferred them. My bad.

Here's the 2.07 version, tested the download and zip. I'd made it in 7zip and was in a rush yesterday. Maybe I pulled the stick before it was done.

I'll try and make sure it does not happen again.

BTW adding a tooltips system that will allow training with and some education in audio engineering.

Coming soon is changing resonance in all of the bands so as to maximize the allowable volume without distorting. It'll be finicky but will make it happen.
new wb 207.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to your next tweeks

Yes, thanks for your patronage Aucoton. Here is the latest and I promise this time; there is no phase and in either 64 or 32 bit, the sound is truly extra ordinary. I'm very proud of this and it is the summation of 5 years of hard study with at least 4-5 days a week of information retention and experimentation with Alan Blumlein's techniques.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vstplu ... oz-records

I had always struggled with haas, a nice effect but how to use something similar without phase distortion and sounding tinny like a phaser or flanger? I did that by carefully introducing mid side to fuel haas which bolsters the width.

This means that even in mono, the effect will be recognizable.

I would very much appreciate feedback upon the volume levels and whether or not they are sufficient. I have been using careful sound design, applying a careful edit of filters designed by Martin Vicanek, I'd tweaked them so as to replace the instances of trigonometry with a float scale.

With this plugin you can make vocals that sound smooth and amazing like the old Bush albums, not always the best artist but the sound quality was what lead to Green Day, Our Lady Peace, Foo Fighters among others.

Anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

I'm halfway through re-numbering and re-ordering the presets, it won't be long till this is a final release. An affiliated VSTplug coalition member, Fanan Team Pro has also provided Me with some new design schematics. I'll be implementing them shortly also.

Thanks, look forward to trying this out a little later

N/M

Here's a new video and track I made mastered with the whiteblack:
https://youtu.be/Cj9i9vUbIa0

Here is a youtube video with an update to the design. It's really coming along. The reason some of the knobs look weird is I use a larger image and resize it to combat c+ adding interlacing. There's no avoiding interlacing and the best way is to let it mipmap a larger mipmap lol.

https://youtu.be/xtfUsQSx7SQ

So, also; I've made some headway making everything more efficient; I'll also add more gain to the high mid section. TTYS.

EDIT: You know, regarding the government, limiting frequencies, probably so as to be written to record/vinyl. Vinyl can only handle so much; and there were very expensive machines back in the day used by elite which had almost modern capability. It would make sense to prepare for vinyl.

And in regards to propaganda, it must be hard for people these days to envision that just a song like "over there" used to be used to rally people to war, or even civil war. The Nazi's were apparently winning, even Canada had alternate plans as a fallback. There were literally camps in Canada where people trained so as to better understand what Nazi indoctrination in Canada would mean.

Chilling that things like just a song could have such an impact, like as to bolster you on towards even turning against your brother or sister, but such were the times. I suppose I can understand that paranoia based upon that sobering realization. I have no misgiving against the Jewish after all, same thing really; a neighbor, a brother a cousin.

But on to this plugin, I wanted to say that I'd processed some older recordings, recorded with a Roland Boss BR80. It has two stereo condenser mics built in, so I will have to make an algorithm which automatically detects whether or not it is mono. If not mono; it would need to automatically minimize the width within tolerable constraints so as to reduce phase cancellation.

There will be a stability release for the blackwhite. Recently, when utilizing a similar mid side style of processing, I came up with a way to prevent (for the most part) phase cancellation, that is not uncommon when mixing mid side and stereo, but I've got a lid on it and the result should be very pleasing.

It's nice to use a stereo condenser mic, because it increases the treble a bit. Nice.

TTYS, will be working on blackwhite.

EDIT: So, finally ordered presets correctly. I thought it relevant to mention the paramaters which can be automated in the upcoming Ableton version (they limit automation options to 13 per plug) but, keep in mind there are also midi programming options being added.

So here's the list:

1: prebass out
2: low mid out
3: high mid out
4: treble out
5: pro bass out
6: pre bass width
7: low mid width
8: high mid width
9: treble width
10: pro bass width
11: low mid mid