A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 pm
Orville71 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm
Endor-8o8 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:31 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:26 pm
Endor-8o8 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:11 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:02 pm

Get the one that I just got (whatever version that is) and you'll see.
I'm on a I9 9900K so I know that I have a good CPU but I don't notice any jump on my CPU meter in Ableton when I bypass or engage it. If it was such a hog I think I would notice some significant change even with an I9. Maybe you're experiencing a bug, that's strange... :?
It's always possible it wasn't tested in my DAW. Remember the bug that one granular FX unit had (don't remember the name) in Cubase where the GUI didn't render properly or something like that? It happens.

Anyway, I've found a workaround. I just render the track immediately after recording and continue from there. CPU usage on this project I'm working on is now almost nil. It's a pain but it's manageable. I'll deal with it until I get my I9 in January.
That's too bad to have to do this...it slows your process and creativity. If there's no other way... :(
You can shoot a mail to Eventide so they look into it...maybe there's a way you can completely enjoy Omnipressor before you get the mighty i9 ! :D
Wagtunes, would you mind sending me a DM with your system, audio interface, and DAW specs?

I haven't found this version or previous ones to be CPU-heavy. I use several instances of Omnipressor on multiple tracks within a project without issue and I'm running a 2014 MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM. I'm hoping we can help you sort it out.
The time it would take me to gather all the system specs just isn't worth it. I'd rather be spending my time making music. But thanks for the offer.
Seriously?! Wow :clap:

Hey Wags, if it's too CPU intensive, hit me up and I'll take it off your hands (if the price is right). :hihi:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:50 pm Hey Wags, if it's too CPU intensive, hit me up and I'll take it off your hands (if the price is right). :hihi:
Thanks, but I'm gonna struggle through it. Besides, January, when I have to ditch Windows 7, I'm going to be upgrading my PC yet again. So it won't be an issue next year.

I love this thing, don’t usually get excited by compression but the dial on this is so good. Use it often for sound design. Can get extreme so I would advise using a limiter after this if you’re wearing headphones!

We've been talking about Onmnipressor for days. A dev is here to get some feedback on a potential bug and we can't spare the 2 mins?

There’s no bugs in this, use it often. No cpu hit either, quite the opposite.

Fake news!

fortycoats wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:31 pm There’s no bugs in this, use it often. No cpu hit either, quite the opposite.

Fake news!
I can make a video showing the CPU hit. Just because it works fine on YOUR system doesn't mean it's going to work fine on every system. There is no fake news here.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:22 pm I can make a video showing the CPU hit. Just because it works fine on YOUR system doesn't mean it's going to work fine on every system. There is no fake news here.
In the time it took you to write this, you could have made time to list the specs of your setup that the dev asked for :dog:

Digivolt wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:30 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:22 pm I can make a video showing the CPU hit. Just because it works fine on YOUR system doesn't mean it's going to work fine on every system. There is no fake news here.
In the time it took you to write this, you could have made time to list the specs of your setup that the dev asked for :dog:
It isn't 2 minutes

This is the only thing I know about my system off the top of my head.

Windows 7
Cubase 7
I7 3770
16 GIG RAM

Anything else he needs I would have to research and I don't even know where to begin. I am NOT a tech person.

I didn't come here to complain about the plugin. I love it. I used it on my last track and it sounds amazing. I've found a workaround to deal with the CPU hit and I can live with that until I upgrade my PC next year.

Most likely, just like with MODO Drum, this plug wasn't tested on this old a version of Cubase. MODO Drum MIDI drag doesn't work on some versions of Cubase, This has been confirmed. This is probably something similar. Once I upgrade the PC (assuming I don't have to go to Cubase 10 in the process) all should be fine. Hopefully, Cubase 7 will run on Windows 10. I really don't want to spend several hundred dollars on a DAW that I don't need.

does anyone know how long the sale lasts?

For reference, this works a treat and you get a very detailed report of your system in a couple clicks
https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/art ... tem-report
Just run the thing then save the file.

dusted william wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:45 pm does anyone know how long the sale lasts?
This sale is only live until September 29th, 2019.

jochicago wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:08 am For reference, this works a treat and you get a very detailed report of your system in a couple clicks
Okay, I did it. Now what?

wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:07 am
jochicago wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:08 am For reference, this works a treat and you get a very detailed report of your system in a couple clicks
PM me the info and I'll do my best to see if there's a solution to the issues you're having.

Orville71 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:07 am
PM me the info and I'll do my best to see if there's a solution to the issues you're having.
The info is in a text file. Should I put it up on dropbox and send you a link?

Return to “Effects”