A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:29 am
Orville71 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:07 am
jochicago wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:08 am For reference, this works a treat and you get a very detailed report of your system in a couple clicks
https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/art ... tem-report
Just run the thing then save the file.
Okay, I did it. Now what?
PM me the info and I'll do my best to see if there's a solution to the issues you're having.
The info is in a text file. Should I put it up on dropbox and send you a link?
Yes, that'll work. PM me the link at your earliest convenience.

Orville71 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:32 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:29 am
Orville71 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:07 am
jochicago wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:08 am For reference, this works a treat and you get a very detailed report of your system in a couple clicks
https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/art ... tem-report
Just run the thing then save the file.
Okay, I did it. Now what?
PM me the info and I'll do my best to see if there's a solution to the issues you're having.
The info is in a text file. Should I put it up on dropbox and send you a link?
Yes, that'll work. PM me the link at your earliest convenience.
Link sent. Please don't drive yourself crazy over this. I'm sure it's probably my old version of Cubase (7) that's the problem. I doubt you've tested for Cubase versions that old.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:02 pm The time it would take me to gather all the system specs just isn't worth it. I'd rather be spending my time making music. But thanks for the offer.
lmao, says the guy with 16,000 posts

stillshaded wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:05 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:02 pm The time it would take me to gather all the system specs just isn't worth it. I'd rather be spending my time making music. But thanks for the offer.
lmao, says the guy with 16,000 posts
Over 5 years. By the way, how much music have YOU made in the last 5 years? You wanna take shots at me I can shoot right back.

He was just ribbing you for being a bit silly. It takes you less than 2 minutes to make a simple copy/paste of your system specs, be it windows or mac (about this mac or windows system information within the control panel or whatever it's called now).

.. but hey, if 2 minutes is too much of your time then so be it. :shrug:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Anyhow, is there a place where I can get the installer for the previous version? The new version overwrites the old one and to my ears it sounds quite different. This is unfortunate. I'd like to have both versions side by side and for backwards compatibility.

I do have some older Anthology installers on a backup disk but it'd be convenient to have legacy installers available somewhere.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:21 am Anyhow, is there a place where I can get the installer for the previous version? The new version overwrites the old one and to my ears it sounds quite different. This is unfortunate. I'd like to have both versions side by side and for backwards compatibility.

I do have some older Anthology installers on a backup disk but it'd be convenient to have legacy installers available somewhere.
Does it sound different? According to the release page, they only added input/output & mix knobs.

bmanic wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:51 am He was just ribbing you for being a bit silly. It takes you less than 2 minutes to make a simple copy/paste of your system specs, be it windows or mac (about this mac or windows system information within the control panel or whatever it's called now).

.. but hey, if 2 minutes is too much of your time then so be it. :shrug:
And I ran DXDIAG and sent it to Orville. I still don't think it's worth going crazy over. It's probably my old version of Cubase that's the problem. Once I upgrade my PC in January I'm sure everything will be fine.

dubguy99 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:30 am
bmanic wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:21 am Anyhow, is there a place where I can get the installer for the previous version? The new version overwrites the old one and to my ears it sounds quite different. This is unfortunate. I'd like to have both versions side by side and for backwards compatibility.

Does it sound different? According to the release page, they only added input/output & mix knobs.
The algo was fine tuned too.

Anybody finding the GUI a bit on the small side? Looks a bit teeny on my 21" Retina iMac. KInd of expect scaleable GUIs these days. Am I missing something?

2cynikal wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:37 pm Anybody finding the GUI a bit on the small side? Looks a bit teeny on my 21" Retina iMac. KInd of expect scaleable GUIs these days. Am I missing something?
Yeah, even on my 32" it looks tiny. A resize or even just a double size option would be very welcome.

Thanks for the heads up. I got a feeling that would happen so I havent installed it yet. They should update changelog with that info..

cnt wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:57 pm Thanks for the heads up. I got a feeling that would happen so I havent installed it yet. They should update changelog with that info..
It shouldn't sound different from the previous version (unless the new mix knob is affecting how much of your signal is being processed).

I want to thank Orville for all the help he's given me. He didn't find anything unusual or out of wack in my PC setup so I suspect the issue is related to Cubase 7 and it being so old.

After I upgrade my PC I don't expect to have any problems. Just not looking forward to having to go through this yet again thanks to Microsoft ditching Windows 7 support.

Anyway, FWIW, I love the way this thing sounds and have already used it on my last track. Drums and bass really kick ass with this thing.

Great plugin. Does what it says it does.

Orville71 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:38 pm
cnt wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:57 pm Thanks for the heads up. I got a feeling that would happen so I havent installed it yet. They should update changelog with that info..
It shouldn't sound different from the previous version (unless the new mix knob is affecting how much of your signal is being processed).
It's weird that you say that as it totally seems to contradict what the official promo video says:

"Company founder and inventor of the Omnipressor Richard Factor has personally painstakingly reworked the algorithm to more faithfully replicate the sound from the original 1971 rackmount classic"

So which one is it? :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”