A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Richard did indeed work on the algorithm to introduce the mix knob. Yes, the new version sounds extremely faithful to the hardware but the previous version of the plugin was also revered by owners of the original hardware for sounding authentic.

I apologize for the confusion, we probably shouldn’t have said “more faithful” since this type of thing is subjective. It was not our intention to mislead anyone.

You see, when you’re modeling hardware components, things aren’t constant like they are in the digital world. Perhaps watching this video of the company president (and original H910 engineer) Tony Angelo explain the difference between the Instant Phaser hardware and plug-in will put things into perspective.

I will also gladly listen to any side by side comparisons and will eat crow if we can replicate it.
https://youtu.be/akud19JpZ0g

so will we get a mix knob on Instant Phaser :) ???

wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:12 am
stillshaded wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:05 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:02 pm The time it would take me to gather all the system specs just isn't worth it. I'd rather be spending my time making music. But thanks for the offer.
lmao, says the guy with 16,000 posts
Over 5 years. By the way, how much music have YOU made in the last 5 years? You wanna take shots at me I can shoot right back.
Thats a lot. I've been here 15 years and have less than 2000. Bmanic has been here since 2003 and has far less posts than you.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:22 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:02 pm The time it would take me to gather all the system specs just isn't worth it. I'd rather be spending my time making music. But thanks for the offer.
Over 5 years. By the way, how much music have YOU made in the last 5 years? You wanna take shots at me I can shoot right back.
Thats a lot. I've been here 15 years and have less than 2000. Bmanic has been here since 2003 and has far less posts than you.
So what does that have to do with my question and the price of tea in China?

Apparently the price of tea varies widely you can buy tea for 10USD for 500grams or spend more than 500USD for 500grams. However, I believe there are massive snob value, overpriced "matured" teas which are way more expensive.

Orville71 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:53 pm Richard did indeed work on the algorithm to introduce the mix knob. Yes, the new version sounds extremely faithful to the hardware but the previous version of the plugin was also revered by owners of the original hardware for sounding authentic.

I apologize for the confusion, we probably shouldn’t have said “more faithful” since this type of thing is subjective. It was not our intention to mislead anyone.

You see, when you’re modeling hardware components, things aren’t constant like they are in the digital world. Perhaps watching this video of the company president (and original H910 engineer) Tony Angelo explain the difference between the Instant Phaser hardware and plug-in will put things into perspective.

I will also gladly listen to any side by side comparisons and will eat crow if we can replicate it.
https://youtu.be/akud19JpZ0g
Hm...

let's leave it at that - because I really like your company. Just let's hope that marketing nonsense stays the rare exception in the future for Eventide. It's not like you would need that either.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:01 am
v1o wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:22 am
So what does that have to do with my question and the price of tea in China?
I was going to commend you for your servitude and contributions. Anyway don't worry about it.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Don't judge a man by his post count. Judge him on the content of his posts.

That's me fu*ked either way
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:30 pm Don't judge a man by his post count. Judge him on the content of his posts.

:cry:

Aloysius wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:30 pm Don't judge a man by his post count. Judge him on the content of his pants.

:hihi:

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I’m loving the new UI. If only they’d follow suit with all their other plugins. Maybe soon??

simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:21 pm I’m loving the new UI. If only they’d follow suit with all their other plugins. Maybe soon??
That is definitely the idea but we have to be strategic because our engineers are also working very hard on new releases, stompboxes, rackmount (H9000), and innovative technologies. Hopefully soon though!

Works great in Studio One 4. Really great compressor, nice job guys!

Got this, been salivating over it for years, super for single instruments and expanding.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Effects”