Cableguys ShaperBox 2 Released | VST 3 + Winter Sale Now On

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

dermage wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:24 pmIs it possible to change the startup presets somehow?
Eg. I could save a sidechain preset with all bands initialized as sidechain.
In the main menu (three lines next to ShaperBox 2 logo), in the Preset section, there is a Startup option, where you can choose to initialise ShaperBox 2 with any empty Shaper, or one of its Quick Presets. You can't set your own custom init preset as yet.
But really it would be nice to have the copy to all bands in the visible menu (not the combo box) as that would be a command I'd use (and posibbly man others) would use quite often. It would save 2-3 clicks.
I'm not sure where you mean. Do you mean you would like it on the main tool strip (pointer, Pens, etc) instead of inside the "3 dots" menu?

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:46 pm
dermage wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:24 pmIs it possible to change the startup presets somehow?
Eg. I could save a sidechain preset with all bands initialized as sidechain.
In the main menu (three lines next to ShaperBox 2 logo), in the Preset section, there is a Startup option, where you can choose to initialise ShaperBox 2 with any empty Shaper, or one of its Quick Presets. You can't set your own custom init preset as yet.
But really it would be nice to have the copy to all bands in the visible menu (not the combo box) as that would be a command I'd use (and posibbly man others) would use quite often. It would save 2-3 clicks.
I'm not sure where you mean. Do you mean you would like it on the main tool strip (pointer, Pens, etc) instead of inside the "3 dots" menu?
Custom init preset would be cool, yes.

Yes I mean in the always visible bar. It could also be placed right of the "Bands" label, where the Solo button and the full screen button resides.
When you would place it in the 3-dots menu it would be an additional click, but really this feature is used a lot more when programming sidechaining. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one doing this.

Custom init preset would be nice
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

DrReacto wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:14 pm Why is it blacklisted? I'm on Windows 7 if that is contributing to the blacklisting.
Cubase 10, Windows 10 user here. No blacklist. It's also worth noting, Steinberg is dropping support of all Windows version other than 10 with the next Cubase version. It's about time to upgrade.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

I love it. Great update! To bad the ui isn't scaleable. Other then that; thumbs up

mitchiemasha wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:49 pm
DrReacto wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:14 pm Why is it blacklisted? I'm on Windows 7 if that is contributing to the blacklisting.
Cubase 10, Windows 10 user here. No blacklist. It's also worth noting, Steinberg is dropping support of all Windows version other than 10 with the next Cubase version. It's about time to upgrade.
Thanks Mitchiemasha for confirming about no blacklist in Windows 10. Just not looking forward to spending a week fixing everything that doesn't work in Windows 10. I agree with you as Adobe has already left me behind and I see other VSTi developers requiring Windows 10 minimum for updates.

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:23 pm
twolegstoneworks wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:42 am
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:10 pm As said, we support HiDPI. On these, the UI is simply scaled by factor 2 and looks crisp and sharp.

A user-definable scaling is certainly something we want to work on in future.
How can this factor 2 sizing be set? Cant seem to find a way to activate it.

EDIT: nevermind. Got an answer from Jakob in another thread.
This is not very social way to communicate of your solved problem issue in the Forum site. The primary idea of the Forum is to share information, not just drive around your own navel. :?
I’ll ignore the navel comment and just answer that the same question was answered in the other thread about Cableguys updates, so I didnt think any further explanation was needed, but since this is the internet, I’ll bother you all with the content of the answer which I got from Jakob/Cableguys.

Jakob explained that the factor 2 gui size was automatically enabled when you use a Retina display. They hadnt thought of including an override function to set the factor 2 gui size if your display was big enough to contain a factor 2 gui size. It sounded like he would consider doing a quick fix in the next update with this feature. The true rescaling function is still on the todo list, and require a bit of work for them. Jakob said it would happen eventually though.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

A VST3 version of Shaperbox 2 would be very welcome, to be able to use the sidechaining in Cubase without the quad channel bus workaround.

I always hated how the versions 1 of cableguys plugins worked with the pen. I tried Shaperbox 2 and it was an instant yes. I bought the upgrade for time and volume shaper, it is not the best alternative to GrossBeat for Mac. Loving the edit tools with the shape, it so smart.

ShaperBox 2.2 is here! Key new features include stereo filter offset for exciting spatial FX, easy 1-slider Envelope/Compressor, LFO editing enhancements, and 2x lower CPU usage in TimeShaper. Check out the feature list below, and see it all in action with our "What's New In ShaperBox 2.2" overview.

Try the free demo at the ShaperBox 2 page. Already own ShaperBox? Then download the update free from your Cableguys account.

Our Black Friday Sale is live too – it's our only sale of the year, so don't miss out! ShaperBox 2 Bundle is €79 / $89, saving 60% compared to buying all 6 Shapers at full price. And FilterShaper Core 2 is 50% off, now just €19 / $22.

Finally, check out our new “How To Make Your Music Move” tutorial on achieving professional groove, movement and flow using filters in FilterShaper Core 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0l5yaTEY3E

What’s New in ShaperBox 2.2
  • New: Stereo Offset control for FilterShaper Core 2. Shifts left/right filter cutoff in opposing directions, up to 60 semitones, for exciting stereo effects.
  • New: Easy 1-slider Envelope/Compressor Editing. The Amount/Ratio and On/Off controls are now always accessible.
  • New: Skew selection. Ctrl-drag a corner/side handle of the selection to adjust it vertically. Great for adjusting the intensity of your LFO over time.
  • New: Draggable LFO parameters for Volume/Pan/Width Shapers. Shift the LFO waveform up/down in a click, and see the average LFO value at a glance.
  • New: ‘Move points to grid’ command in Wave Editor menu, for snapping every point inside the selection onto the grid.
  • New: Right-click any preset for ‘Use as startup preset’ option. Disable in the Main Menu’s Startup section.
  • New: Wave Switch Smoothing, for preventing clicks/pops when switching Waves via MIDI, automation, or clicking in the interface.
  • New: MIDI Trigger LED to visualise MIDI note input, aiding setup.
  • New: Reset Shaper via Main Menu, initialising to default empty preset or a Quick Preset.
  • Improved: Snap to grid is now a toggle option and works for selections too. Hold Shift to temporarily toggle Snap.
  • Improved: TimeShaper resampling algorithm is 2x lower in CPU, with even quieter interpolation artefacts.
  • Fixed: TimeShaper Step Mode could change the sound of non-stepped audio-rate waveforms.
Existing users can download the update free from their Cableguys account at https://www.cableguys.com/login.html

Thank you.
rsp
sound sculptist

Always happy to see a Cableguys update in my inbox.

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:30 pm ...and 2x lower CPU usage in TimeShaper.
:clap:

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:30 pm ShaperBox 2.2 is here! ...
Thanks for the update. The new features are great! :tu:

But there is one thing that gets worse with every update :( The graphical editor is extremly laggy (at least on my sytem). Editing the anchors has a short delay that is driving me crazy. I've compared that to Shaperbox v1, and there is no delay. Editing the anchors in Version 1 feels very direct and smooth.

Anyone else has a problem with that? (i'm on Cubase 10.5 / Windows 10)

That doesn't happen to me on mac or pc in cubendo.
Sorry.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”