d16 announces Godfazer - Advanced modulation unit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On some settings it eats CPU.
Last edited by woodsdenis on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I got 35€ offer :ud:

Currently own 3 D16 plugins, but got all of them for free :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Delete
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Teksonik wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:25 pm Oh for the love of Fairy Tale Deities you can't be serious about the name....... :lol:

Sounds like it's going to be a very cool plugin. Looks awesome as well. I might have to buy it just to piss off the Christianistas. :wheee:
:lol: me too
what do they think about the word godemichet ? :hihi:

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:10 am
ariston wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:01 am I like the demos, sound convincingly antiquated to me. It's going up against the awesome Tube Modulator from Audiority, however, which is an astonishingly great bit of vintage kit. Can't wait to compare the two.
Based upon my comparison between Syntorus and Tube Modulator I'd say it's justified to have both as each of them has its own sound. :tu:
Also follow Godfazer by Repeater and Tube Modulator by T7E/PlexiTape with both delays set to near self-oscillating. Now go preset browsing. It's not making music, but I could probably do this all night long. :D

antic604 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:14 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pmThat said, I'm only buying it because of the name :P
:smack:

:D
I'm a bit of a D16 fan and own everything of theirs, including that damn collab with Slate, so Godfazer was an instabuy for me anyway. However, I'd be lying if the possibility of pissing off Catholics isn't part of the appeal :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:49 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pmThat said, I'm only buying it because of the name :P

I'm a bit of a D16 fan and own everything of theirs, including that damn collab with Slate, so Godfazer was an instabuy for me anyway. However, I'd be lying if the possibility of pissing off Catholics isn't part of the appeal :hihi:
:x

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:56 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:49 pm

:x
The final anti-PC straw was the Paul Hollywood diabetes complaints this week. Winter is coming so screw the snowflakes.

woosh!
is he a comedian?

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:01 pm woosh!
is he a comedian?
He is a chef and a judge on bake off. In an episode this week he described a cake as diabetes on a plate and received a ton of complaints :x

Gosh, this thing sounds beautiful! So many flavours, tons of character. Thoughtful interface, a real joy to use. Love it!

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:03 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:01 pm woosh!
is he a comedian?
He is a chef and a judge on bake off. In an episode this week he described a cake as diabetes on a plate and received a ton of complaints :x
ah i knew id heard the name.
thought bake off died?

you watch too much news.
you know most of the complaints, arent from people who care.
it's a huge game on 4chan, to cause these "issues" where they dont exist.
then you get people thinking it is a problem and joining in complaining in solidarity with people who actually think it's a joke

crazy world.

Does this add anything to the party that I wouldn't already have with the full Soundtoys suite? The Soundtoys package includes Filterfreak, Phase Mistress, Tremolator, but maybe not in as a convenient single plugin like Godfazer. The sound of the Godfazer demos is impressive.

There is a demo, i heard.

DarkStar wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:54 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:16 pm Come to think of it the objectors to the name don't have a leg to stand on.

godfather
/ˈɡɒdfɑːθə/
a man who presents a child at baptism and promises to take responsibility for their religious education.
"he is godfather to her son"
a man who is influential or pioneering in a movement or organization.
"the godfather of alternative comedy"

Definition 2 has nothing to do with religion.
I would think that Definition 2 came about only after the Don Corleone movies.
In my view, definition 2 extends the role of definition 1 to other fields than religion.
By the way, I thought that the name of the plugin was a play on the title of those well-known movies. English is not my first language (and I'm not that good with english grammar), but I think they would have used the english possessive / Saxon genitive for the name instead, if they wanted to refer to religion.

I seriously doubt D16's guys wanted to refer to religion, though. Poland is a country with a strong catholic background and - I'm drawing comparisons to Italy, even though I don't have any direct experience about Poland - any direct reference to God in a product name would be weird, even if you wanted to be provocative.

By the way, I don't like the name much, because it reminds me of a criminal organizations (mafia), both because of the movie's title and the use of the corresponding word in italian language (unless you're talking about baptism and confirmation ceremonies, "padrino" is commonly used almost exclusively to refer to a mafia boss, usually the main boss of a family).

But this is really of topic. It's such a shame we're discussion about a name and not about the actual product. :?
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Return to “Effects”