d16 announces Godfazer - Advanced modulation unit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:53 pm
Doc Brown wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:41 pm No wonder they basically abandoned Syntorus and never gave us a new gui.
What is wrong with Syntorus' gui?
It's too small for anything larger than 1080p :scared:

Doc Brown wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:41 pm No wonder they basically abandoned Syntorus and never gave us a new gui.
Yeah, still waiting for the promised v2.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

It's microscopic on my monitor.

Digivolt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:47 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:53 pm
What is wrong with Syntorus' gui?
It's too small for anything larger than 1080p :scared:
It is a bit small yes.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Like the features and the bigger gui, dislike the name... to the point I don't think I'll be upgrading syntorus.

VitaminD wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:16 am Like the features and the bigger gui, dislike the name... to the point I don't think I'll be upgrading syntorus.
You wont update because of the name?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I sold all my D16 plugins when I saw the name of this new effect.

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:18 am
VitaminD wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:16 am Like the features and the bigger gui, dislike the name... to the point I don't think I'll be upgrading syntorus.
correct. I understand that seems outrageous to some, and I'm sure the wealth of immaturity will be on display soon in ridiculing me for it, instead of just disagreeing and letting my thought stand. However, I hope d16 get less cheezy and potentially offensive names. I didn't buy some of the ohmforce plugins because of the awful naming way back too. They didn't seem serious and now they don't really seem like a company... silent.

VitaminD wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:42 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:18 am
correct. I understand that seems outrageous to some, and I'm sure the wealth of immaturity will be on display soon in ridiculing me for it, instead of just disagreeing and letting my thought stand. However, I hope d16 get less cheezy and potentially offensive names. I didn't buy some of the ohmforce plugins because of the awful naming way back too. They didn't seem serious and now they don't really seem like a company... silent.
Nah no biggie. People are different :tu:

VitaminD wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:42 amHowever, I hope d16 get less cheezy and potentially offensive names. I didn't buy some of the ohmforce plugins because of the awful naming way back too. They didn't seem serious and now they don't really seem like a company... silent.
If something makes you cringe, you shouldn't be ridiculed for voicing your opinion in hopes of a change. But you shouldn't be alarmed with others have differing opinions, and the preemptive disclaimer about incoming immature responses comes off as a bit condescending.

I'm not liking the more vulgar product labeling--that trend of edgy, outlandish, quirky product names started with hot sauce, then to beers, then to plugins. Just yesterday, a student hesitated to tell me the name of this great ice cream she tried, as it has s__t in its title (something like, "Great S__t Ice Cream"). I don't mean to be picky, but who wants to eat something with "s__t" in the title, if they really think about it. Ha. I don't get offended, but the cliche names with hyperbole to the point of stupidity, along with an "edgy" word--just stop already. The novelty and humor of it died after the first n-times it was done years ago.

All that said, I have no problem with Godfazer playing off of Godfather.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:56 am
VitaminD wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:42 amHowever, I hope d16 get less cheezy and potentially offensive names. I didn't buy some of the ohmforce plugins because of the awful naming way back too. They didn't seem serious and now they don't really seem like a company... silent.
If something makes you cringe, you shouldn't be ridiculed for voicing your opinion in hopes of a change. But you shouldn't be alarmed with others have differing opinions, and the preemptive disclaimer about incoming immature responses comes off as a bit condescending.
If I'm sharing a thought online, in a public discussion forum, I'm aware it is open to be discussed. So I'm not alarmed with others having differing opinions, I'm more aware of where I am. Friend, I've frequented KVR for almost 20 years. And I've been online in social groups and forums for closer to 30. I know how it goes if you air an opinion that goes against social norms or the grain of the group. And looking at the first response I got, I can see I wasn't wrong..
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:56 am I'm not liking the more vulgar product labeling--that trend of edgy, outlandish, quirky product names started with hot sauce, then to beers, then to plugins. Just yesterday, a student hesitated to tell me the name of this great ice cream she tried, as it has s__t in its title (something like, "Great S__t Ice Cream"). I don't mean to be picky, but who wants to eat something with "s__t" in the title, if they really think about it. Ha. I don't get offended, but the cliche names with hyperbole to the point of stupidity, along with an "edgy" word--just stop already. The novelty and humor of it died after the first n-times it was done years ago.

All that said, I have no problem with Godfazer playing off of Godfather.
I've noticed a few of those in the news.. business owners coming up with truly vulgar names for their businesses then petitioning their city for rights to post signage with said vulgar naming. Seems like they want to fight the man or the system or whatever more than they want to offer a product or a service. But that's not what is happening here.. I just think d16 picked an awkward name that doesn't suit the product or sit well with me. at all. :shrug:

Looks like a top plugin though feature-wise! I'm sure it will sell well...

enCiphered wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:21 am I sold all my D16 plugins when I saw the name of this new effect.
I sold all of mine when I had a spell of indigestion last night. Luckily, I bought them all back this morning.
A well-behaved signature.

Awesome announcement. I use D16 plugins more than any other third party effect brand, and that includes Fabfilter and Soundtoys. I really think they are top-shelf. Syntorus and Fazortan have been my go-to chorus and phaser for a while now, so that fact alone makes this one a no-brainer.

GODFAZER with a name like that, I got to have it.... :love:

I am yet to upgrade from any of the V1 silverline plugins yet to V2, I don't see the point.

They get some use, I tend to use D16 instruments more, like Punchbox and Phoscyon.

This new one looks interesting though, depends on intro price tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Effects”