Waves announce V11...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am on El Capitan and can not update to V11 so I have a big waves account for sale!
Please pm me!

wouldn't it be cheaper to get a real computer? windows 10 is not bad.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

robotmonkey wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:56 pm New GUI on RenMaxx plugins is a great improvement. Also the frequency analyzer in RenEQ and RenChannel is very nice quality of life update, as is the revamped interface of RenChannel. All those plugins are still very usable, and now even more so.
Yeah, I'm liking the new UIs too, for the most part. Huge improvement. U avoided using the Renn series before, now I'd consider using it. It's also encouraging to think that Waves might be finally considering overhauling all the ancient UIs.

I tend not have too much trouble with Waves installation myself, with rare exceptions. However, these exceptions exist with the other developers as well. Just recently I had problems with the Waves installation kind of stalling half way through updating, but I also had problems with the Multi GUI with my DM-307 library and the Arturia self-updating Software Centre had problems relaunching and reconnecting.

If I go back further I could explain all these other issues I've had with all this software, but thats not really helpful. The thing is, nothing works perfectly. Technology will always be problematic from time to time. It's just how it works in this universe.

I'm not here to be dismissive or people's issues though, just here to remind them you that when you step back and give it all a bit of context you'll realise that there's nothing exceptionally bad here at all. Just sucky luck and circumstances. If it wasn't with a Waves install it would be with NI, or PA or IK or Slate, or whatever.

Waves just dropped a kinda big(ish) one:
They added second license activations for all your products with active WUP coverage!
https://www.waves.com/account/register-second-licenses

Under https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan they also list
NEW: Exclusive Premium Content

Get access & discounts on premium music production & mixing masterclasses
but I guess we need to wait for more details on that.

Interesting, this was half of the reason why I stopped really buying new Waves stuff, as I would have to buy them twice (one for my mac one for my pc).
Looks interesting until:
"Your 2nd license for a product will remain valid only as long as your Waves Update Plan coverage for that product remains current."
I guess one day, it will just be a second license period.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:15 pm Interesting, this was half of the reason why I stopped really buying new Waves stuff, as I would have to buy them twice (one for my mac one for my pc).
Looks interesting until:
"Your 2nd license for a product will remain valid only as long as your Waves Update Plan coverage for that product remains current."
I guess one day, it will just be a second license period.
rsp
Yeah that is a bit of a caveat. However, your primary license will continue to function it seems. Then when you consider access to exclusive deals, plus the masterclasses and that usual voucher you get, it suddenly doesn’t seem so bad.

I mean, you’d pay to join clubs to give you offers like that, so I don’t see why not.

And it’s not that you get nothing for your WUP, you just didn’t get anything exciting, you were still paying for the maintenance of your plugins like you do with every other developer when you upgrade their plugins.

Yes Primary will continue to function, but negates the benefit for me personally as I would then HAVE to renew my WUP every year. The extras are not useful for me.
Ymmv
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:15 pm "Your 2nd license for a product will remain valid only as long as your Waves Update Plan coverage for that product remains current."
LMAO, what a bunch of douchebags!

Oh and why hasn't that Waves shill simon.a.billington not been banned already?

i am a happy user of renaissance plugins but i think a GUI update should be free... or not ? ...

soulone82 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:20 pm Oh and why hasn't that Waves shill simon.a.billington not been banned already?

Wow I guess I didn’t really read the fine print with Waves when I bought a bunch of their products this year. Lesson learned. Just learned I only can use my licenses on one computer at a time (only have one but was planning to get a Desktop) unless under WUP. Then read more about WUP...

Yeah, glad I got what I got when I did. I think in the future I’ll be looking for more consumer friendly brands if I need more FX. Luckily I am in good shape for now. I see why people have issues with the WUP policies now... really unfortunate, I think their products are awesome.

to honnest i don t really understand what is the problem with the licence scheme of waves, v9, v10 and v11 work on the same computer and for the use of plugin on other computer you can stock your licence on a usb dongle...i have nearly all the waves plugin on the same dongle since they let down ilok...

Yeah just use your own USB stick as a dongle.

And why applaud Waves for this move? It's something they should have done years ago, something that most other more customer-focused companies already do. It's hardly generous.

V12 must be close but WUP is capped at $250 USD to keep using Rbass from 1994 - but don't you dare ask yourself how many times you have to buy a plugin whilst never feeling like you actually own it :lol:.

Most brilliant sleight of hand in plugin land ever. I respect Waves for that at least. True cunning.

hivkorn wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:04 pm to honnest i don t really understand what is the problem with the licence scheme of waves, v9, v10 and v11 work on the same computer and for the use of plugin on other computer you can stock your licence on a usb dongle...i have nearly all the waves plugin on the same dongle since they let down ilok...
Apart from wear and tear if you keep having to plug in and plug out this usb dongle as you move from one computer to another and back, if the computers are not in the same room and you forget to take it with you it can quickly become a pita. Worse if a computer is home and one at office and they are miles apart and you forget to take it home overnight.

I avoid plugins that dont' allow two authorisations or some I buy twice if they are either cheap to buy twice, invaluable or I get a good deal from the developer.
rsp
sound sculptist

i dont aplause waves for this move, the best thing would be a simple serial.
i never buy a plugin if i dont feel confortable with the licence policy, gui....the only one time i felt screw i had enough luck to sell the plugin before "the great bashing" with the dev...at this day this dev forget his own word, but this is not my problem now and i dont want to begin another bashing since i dont own and i will never own a single plugin from them...i think waves has maybe not the best licence policy but they understand they will sell more with low price.who buy the SSL plugin on the normal price now ? ...

Return to “Effects”