Companies with Ridiculous Transfer Fees (Edited title)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To use a $25 voucher the minimum spend is now $30 at PA ... $50 voucher has minimum spend of $75.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:29 am iLok is great protection wise except for their high ($25 up to $50) single-transaction license transfer fee.
You sure only for the $25 up to $50 single-transaction license transfer fee?:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=504402&p=7071973#p7071973

Straight to the point, when a company/corporation sugest me a year fee in the name of more "protection", or if i don't have the yearly plan fee I would need to pay a crazy amount of money in order to recover "my licenses" (as the previous example if the license is lost), or in order to get "my licenses" I would need to buy their (sometimes more than 8 times the normal price of simple flash drive) dongle; this is obviously not a "great protection wise" option, they really don't want to protect my licenses, they want my Cash$€£.

Sorry but this is not ok, I prefer my products and my keys procedures all time and dependencies like this are simply not customer friendly at all Never.

If i get one cent for every time that Junsev rants about iLok, i could pay my ZDT for years to come. :lol:
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:06 am If i get one cent for every time that Junsev rants about iLok, i could pay my ZDT for years to come. :lol:

Some people creates accounts for the sole purpose to go about with their hatred. Calls their own opinions facts. Others opinions biassed and facts misconceptions.

I say everything from my own experience and proves of real objective Facts, I'm still waiting someone refute what I have demonstrated, still waiting because they can't... now I have haters because I say things as it is, but I respect (and should love) my adversaries.

dionenoid wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:06 am If i get one cent for every time that Junsev rants about iLok, i could pay my ZDT for years to come. :lol:
Please continue with your subscriptions and dependencies, I know you love it.
I have legit concerns about the future of this generation and the very sad unawareness in this world.

Kongru wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:54 pm You have to spend a certain amount with PA to get the monthly vouchers
I thought it was like $50 a month or something
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

JunSev wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:23 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:29 am iLok is great protection wise except for their high ($25 up to $50) single-transaction license transfer fee.
You sure only for the $25 up to $50 single-transaction license transfer fee?:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=504402&p=7071973#p7071973

Straight to the point, when a company/corporation sugest me a year fee in the name of more "protection", or if i don't have the yearly plan fee I would need to pay a crazy amount of money in order to recover "my licenses" (as the previous example if the license is lost), or in order to get "my licenses" I would need to buy their (sometimes more than 8 times the normal price of simple flash drive) dongle; this is obviously not a "great protection wise" option, they really don't want to protect my licenses, they want my Cash$€£.

Sorry but this is not ok, I prefer my products and my keys procedures all time and dependencies like this are simply not customer friendly at all Never.
Yes, I do agree. Long story short, iLok sucks. What I meant it is great protection wise is that I have never faced any issues with something not working or not getting registered, etc. because of license related problems. That way it is good. And yes, I am talking only about iLok "software". I have never had or will never have a "hardware" iLok. That said, that much fees for license transfer indeed means that they want our money, one way or the other.

cprompt wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:45 pm
JJ_Jettflow wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:45 pm You realize that if you sign up to PA's newsletter, you get a monthly $25 voucher that you can you use to pay the $20 transfer fee, thus making the transfer fee cost $0.
That's news to me as I've subscribed to their newsletter for years!
Sorry, it been a while since I purchased from PA but I clearly remember getting them monthly at one time.

LeVzi wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 pm
JJ_Jettflow wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:45 pm
LeVzi wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:44 am OK I changed the topic title, because I feel this is something worth discussing, and i'm mainly aiming this at Plugin Alliance.

Some plugins are worth less than $10, and people want to sell them, but the buyer forks out another $20 in a transfer fee. I wanted to buy a plugin from someone that cost $7, but would have to pay $20 for the PA transfer fee, sorry but wtf is that.

And before someone says "Companies need to make their money" I thought their sales pitch in the first place did that. I don't have a single paid for PA vst, nor will I buy one, their $20 policy is a joke tbh.

You realize that if you sign up to PA's newsletter, you get a monthly $25 voucher that you can you use to pay the $20 transfer fee, thus making the transfer fee cost $0.
I am on their newsletter, can't recall ever getting vouchers ? I have a couple of freebie plugins they released, and Im pretty sure you had to sign up to the newsletter then...
Sorry, I haven't bought from them for a quite while but I do clearly remember getting them monthly. But like all things with PA, the goalposts constantly change so it is hard to be sure about anything with them.

It's incredible funny when some people states that according to their own experiences the earth is flat. Because otherwise we would have fallen off. Reality can't convince them. Because they views the world with open eyes. Clearly nobody has fallen off. And as all such truth-tellers they feel themselves misunderstood and hated. Still waiting for someone to prove them wrong by falling off the earth. Which of course doesn't happens. So ta daaaaa ! :party: lol

For those obsessed by their ilok hatred the issue isn't the transfer fee but iLok itself. It's OK to not like iLok. But it's a hell of a difference going out on a iLok hate mission.

One don't have to state one's opinion more then fifty-eleven times. If you do it's not without one wonders if such people can't sleep if they don't get the respond they desire.

Love and peace !
Oh, just as an insurance...
...with all respect :-)

JunSev wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:43 am I have legit concerns about the future of this generation and the very sad unawareness in this world.
Yes the world is coming to an end, and that's all iLok's fault. :lol:
More BPM please

Calenberger wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pm A dishonorable mention of 2C Audio has to be made:
Transfer of licenses cost 20% of their (quite high) retail prices.
The worst of it is that it also becomes NFR. So if you were to buy Aether second hand it would be a $50 fee plus NFR. Should be one or the other.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:53 pm
Calenberger wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pm A dishonorable mention of 2C Audio has to be made:
Transfer of licenses cost 20% of their (quite high) retail prices.
The worst of it is that it also becomes NFR. So if you were to buy Aether second hand it would be a $50 fee plus NFR. Should be one or the other.
Policies like that are like living in the dark ages. Companies need to look at what Valhalla or Goodhertz do for license transfers.

LeVzi wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:47 amWTF on both, especially acoustica, basically transfer fees are to make the price the same as a new plugin, so no one can actually get a bargin there, what the actual FK ?
Why should Acoustica, or anyone else, facilitate you getting a bargain? Especially one that robs them of another sale.
these companies got no excuse for these ridiculous transfer fees.
How do you know? What if they rejigged their prices and put everything up $50, just to cover the loss of revenue from second-hand license sales? Would that make you happy? Personally, I would rather a) support the developer and buy a new license, whilst b) not paying more than I really need to. So if I don't like the full price of something, I'll wait until there is a sale. Buying second-hand software is like buying cut-out CDs, LPs and books, it's not right. You should be happy to support the people who make things that you enjoy using, not looking for ways to screw them over.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:15 am Why should Acoustica, or anyone else, facilitate you getting a bargain? Especially one that robs them of another sale.
Buying second-hand software is like buying cut-out CDs, LPs and books, it's not right.
What? Let's do the CD thing. If I buy a CD at the store and listen to it in the car for 6 months until I'm bored. Then I give my friend a ride in the car and he pops the CD and likes the band, I can just choose to gift him the CD, he can take it home. I didn't pay a transfer fee, he didn't pay a transfer fee. Why? Because I already bought the thing, it's mine to sell it or give it away if I please.

These are the rules of nature, and also the rules of man. We never gave these rights up, the laws still allows you to sell or gift your stuff away. But software companies have found clever ruses to get in the way for their own gain. Because they think that if you are bored of that CD, then the CD should go to a landfill, and your friend needs to buy his own CD because they would prefer to make more money vs letting you have the right to gift or transfer the stuff you own. But this is not a software company's call to make. Humanity already decided that's not the way we do things.

Can you imagine the same rules applied to other stuff? Siblings can't inherit clothing because that shirt is only licensed to the older brother? A transfer fee if you want to gift your gf your copy of Don Quixote? File a transfer request if you want to let your sister grab some fries from your plate, and you are only allowed to do it during the first 10 mins of having the food served or you have to pay a WUP fee.

Return to “Effects”