Any suggestions regarding to Acustica Audio?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Leo1999 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:10 pm They have Black Friday sales now, they had better sales prices in the past, though
Still good prices, but if I recall, last year was even better! And I can't say for previous years, as I started to know Acustica since late 2020.
:tu:
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

For what it's worth, AA takes a lot of criticism. Lots of personal beefs appear to be going on that sound more like personal choice differences than critical issues with the software. I've followed AA since it's inception, through the early 2000's. I'm in the group that loves a tool that gets my small studio closer to sounding like professional studio stacked with delicious hardware. Have I achieved it. Probably not, but I certainly like the colors, tones, and character I get from my AA collection. And these tools enhance my studio hardware. I also love most of my UA, Klaghelm, Ik Multimedia, and PA VST plugins. I feel spoiled for choice. The music industry has come so far and given us so much improvement. I am thankful to AA, and all 3rd party Nebula developers, and all the vst developers for making my studio a 1000 times better than it was just 10 years ago.

InTheBox wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:43 pm For what it's worth, AA takes a lot of criticism. Lots of personal beefs appear to be going on that sound more like personal choice differences than critical issues with the software.
Good observation, and I am one of those. I *can't stand* how Giancarlo represents hismself. His posts usually disgust me because they are so narrow minded and rigid. But I have most of their products and use them and enjoy using them as long as I can ignore the deficiencies and quirks and bugs. But Zaphod.... no. That guy is in my bad books for sure because of his close mindedness, rigidity and obfuscation. :borg:
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

There are more worthy comparisons than Universal Audio plugins , several don't model saturation/non linearities at all.
_leras wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:02 am As a UAD user these AA plugs just don't appeal. Were way too clunky when I tried them (admitedly quite some time back). If there are any benefits in sound, I think these would also be minimal.

UAD saves cpu usage leaving my PC free to run many other heavy plug ins, AA appears to be a major cpu user. UAD rock solid. AA seems flaky.

I think their concept of 'dynamic convolution' is a really good one. it's really a shame they never seems to have been able to get on board the right engineers to really build a decent product with all that entails e.g running smoothly on all apps, good install and update mechanisms, support.

I think it might have a use case if I were a mastering engineer, potentially they have a few models that could help on a more limited 2 bus. Not for me in a mixing situation though...

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:21 pm There are more worthy comparisons than Universal Audio plugins , several don't model saturation/non linearities at all.
_leras wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:02 am As a UAD user these AA plugs just don't appeal. Were way too clunky when I tried them (admitedly quite some time back). If there are any benefits in sound, I think these would also be minimal.

UAD saves cpu usage leaving my PC free to run many other heavy plug ins, AA appears to be a major cpu user. UAD rock solid. AA seems flaky.

I think their concept of 'dynamic convolution' is a really good one. it's really a shame they never seems to have been able to get on board the right engineers to really build a decent product with all that entails e.g running smoothly on all apps, good install and update mechanisms, support.

I think it might have a use case if I were a mastering engineer, potentially they have a few models that could help on a more limited 2 bus. Not for me in a mixing situation though...
And some of them model saturation / non-linearities better than any other plugin...

dont buy them

My statement " several don't model saturation/non linearities at all" is definitely true. I can't find any evidence that suggests Universal Audio " saturation / non-linearities better than any other plugin..."

I have my share of of Universal Audio Software and some hardware units as well. I have two quads, two duos, two solos and an Apollo interface split across two groups in my UA account. I am not anti- Universal Audio I am just pointing out if you are looking for a comparator to help gauge Acoustica Audio's approach you need to be at least selective.

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:24 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:21 pm There are more worthy comparisons than Universal Audio plugins , several don't model saturation/non linearities at all.

And some of them model saturation / non-linearities better than any other plugin...

Return to “Effects”