Best delay ATM? EchoBoy or Valhalla Delay?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:38 am
JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:14 amBest is a subjective thing, but there is not anything even close musical-wise, mix-wise and in versatility like HY-delay4 in the delay software market
Any objective data to support your claims?
Maybe you should see for yourself why exactly, there is a demo and the specs:

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-delay4/

But you know... as I know very well you will not agree even with proves (for reasons I know...), the specs and everything makes it really difficult for any other delay to match in the market. And it doesn't need Jordan rudess or Dan Worrall approval in order to demonstrate that.

Popularity/"mainstream"/"trending" not always equals right/best.

JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:59 am
JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:14 amBest is a subjective thing, but there is not anything even close musical-wise, mix-wise and in versatility like HY-delay4 in the delay software market

But you know... as I know very well you will not agree even with proves (for reasons I know...), the specs and everything makes it really difficult for any other delay to match in the market. And it doesn't need Jordan rudess or Dan Worrall approval in order to demonstrate that.

how does it compare to Late Replies? The HY modulation looks very good - reminds me a bit of Apqualizr2

While everybody else has given recommendations based on their favourites, or those they think would compliment what the op already uses, you are the only one to categorically state "there is not anything even close musical-wise, mix-wise and in versatility like HY-delay4 in the delay software market"

It looks very flexible, but so do a lot of other delays. But without your seeming need to claim that everything you choose to use is the best, and everyone else is just "wrong, wrong" (and without using strawman arguments about popularity or Jordan Rudess), I'd like you to provide examples as to why HY-delay4 is more flexible, more "musical" and works better in a mix than all the other delays on the market.

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:06 am

how does it compare to Late Replies? The HY modulation looks very good - reminds me a bit of Apqualizr2
That blue cat looks very deep too, I don't have it but the specs are a little similar (in some aspects it seems).

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:18 am

While everybody else has given recommendations based on their favourites, or those they think would compliment what the op already uses, you are the only one to categorically state "there is not anything even close musical-wise, mix-wise and in versatility like HY-delay4 in the delay software market"

It looks very flexible, but so do a lot of other delays. But without your seeming need to claim that everything you choose to use is the best, and everyone else is just "wrong, wrong" (and without using strawman arguments about popularity or Jordan Rudess), I'd like you to provide examples as to why HY-delay4 is more flexible, more "musical" and works better in a mix than all the other delays on the market.
Why you have to put it this way "el-bo", I already told you there is a demo and the specs, and no, I'm not saying all of the other options are wrong or that I'm "superior", I'm just saying with good reasons why HY-delay4 is absolutely unique and is really difficult to compare anything like it.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good delays and unique delays.

I will wait for you you bring some delay at the same level of deepness, control in the mix in one interface (look the EQ, the ducker, macros, drag and drop modulations and modulations ext), and multiple possibilities as HY, I will wait for you if you can...

JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:23 am
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:06 am

That blue cat looks very deep too, I don't have it but the specs are a little similar (in some aspects it seems).
So you haven't even tried all of the delays listed in this thread, let alone all the ones on the market, but you're still prepared to declare your favourite as the best. Brilliant :tu:

I'm waiting, come on demonstrate...

JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:30 am

Why you have to put it this way "el-bo", I already told you there is a demo and the specs, and no, I'm not saying all of the other options are wrong or that I'm "superior", I'm just saying with good reasons why HY-delay4 is absolutely unique and is really difficult to compare anything like it.

I will wait for you you bring some delay at the same level of deepness, control in the mix in one interface (look the EQ, the ducker, macros, drag and drop modulations and modulations ext), and multiple possibilities as HY, I will wait for you if you can...
If you wanted to say that "HY-delay4 is absolutely unique and is really difficult to compare anything like it.", then why didn't you just say it? Instead, you made your normal, absolute declarations.

I already said it looks flexible. I just thought you might be able to provide evidence as to why it is more musical, and better in a mix. Evidently not.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am

If you wanted to say that "HY-delay4 is absolutely unique and is really difficult to compare anything like it.", then why didn't you just say it? Instead, you made your normal, absolute declarations.

I already said it looks flexible. I just thought you might be able to provide evidence as to why it is more musical, and better in a mix. Evidently not.
But I already did mention of why, there is the specs, the possibilities and the demo (you will disagree anyway...).

I'm waiting for you, bring something with the same capabilities and versatility, come on "el-bo".

JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:48 am

But I already did mention of why, there is the specs, the possibilities and the demo (you will disagree anyway...).

I'm waiting for you, bring something with the same capabilities and versatility, come on "el-bo".
I've already agreed that it looks flexible (This is the third time). It might even be the most flexible thing in the entire universe. That's not the part of your statement I've been interested to see evidence of. And no, demoing it won't make a difference because, just like you, I don't have access to all other delays so that I could make such a definite statement. Didn't stop you making the statement, though.

So, keep your lame hyperbole.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:06 am
JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:48 am

I've already agreed that it looks flexible (This is the third time). It might even be the most flexible thing in the entire universe. That's not the part of your statement I've been interested to see evidence of. And no, demoing it won't make a difference because, just like you, I don't have access to all other delays so that I could make such a definite statement. Didn't stop you making the statement, though.

So, keep your lame hyperbole.
Is not lame "el-bo", is that you will desagre no mather what anyways.

I said: "there is not anything even close musical-wise, mix-wise and in versatility like HY-delay4 in the delay software market"

What did I said that? for reasons already there, the specs and multiple possibilities.

It doesn't matter for you (is expected), but it is what it is, bring something with the same capabilities and versatility, I'm waiting...

Maybe Jordan rudess or Dan worrall is not promoting it, but is a very deep and versatile delay that speaks by itself. There is not anything like it.

With all respect.

The best sounding delay hasn't even been mentioned yet. That title goes to Acustica Audio Lemon. ;)
More BPM please

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:57 am
Russell Grand wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:29 am Soundtoy's GUIs are fine. Yes, even the older ones. I don't get what the people that despise the old GUIs are seeing. :shrug:
The super black knobs that are almost invisible against the super black background, with small white text and thin knob position indicators along with red LEDs... just adds up to a terrible combo when it comes to legibility. Echoboy Jr. is much easier to use than the original, and the newer plugins are fine IMO. But stuff like the OG Echoboy, the phaser, etc definitely aren’t great GUIs.
I agree that Echoboy Jr. has a better GUI. Definitely. I also agree that the old GUIs have their issues and they could use a few touch-ups to be sure; that's understandable, they're how old now? However, they're not nearly as bad as what some folks say and I like them, especially in a nostalgic sort of way.

I've seen some rancid GUIs that either get praise or noone comments about their appearance one way or the other. Yet Soundtoys' stuff gets called out regularly and has for a long time and they really aren't that bad. It's baffling really.

an-electric-heart wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:56 pm I'm after any delay recommendations...
Definitely try Echobode and Permut8 from Sonic Charge. :love:

this thread got me playing with Late Replies and being able to put vst's into the two feedback chains is pretty good - two Delays into Octavox with feedback and cross feedback is a thing of beauty for sure.

Return to “Effects”