How would your music sound in a perfect room? A supernatural reverb from denise

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Perfect Room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-2dTaG9Rj4

How would your music sound in a perfect room?

Classic algorithmic reverb plugins use a combination of short feedbacking delays to create the Illusion of reverberation. These delays cause unwanted metallic resonances and sharp spikes in the reverb’s frequency response. The denise team challenged themselves to create something better - a perfect room - and invented their TXVerb™ technology. Using this technology, the denise Perfect Room doesn’t use delays for the tail and will enhance the character and colouration of any audio you run through it in an extremely natural way, sounding defined and tight from the lowest kick all the way up to the highest vocal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9l23AaQkM

Looking for feedback from professional musicians and engineers, we asked Thomas Qvist of the Royal Danish Conservatory to test the Perfect Room. He tried it out with his students, and even though we at denise think the Perfect Room is powerful, it’s always an exciting moment to find out if the real world actually likes it, too. Thomas wrote something that made us blush. We say, go and test it yourselves... https://www.denise.io/store/denise/PerfectRoom
“I have tested it very closely and I am very happy with it! It’s actually in my template now, next to my hardware Lexicon 480L :) What I really like is that it does something else than all the other reverbs I like. The ‘natural’ reverbs tend to be midrange, but this one is somehow more linear and I like it a lot!”
The Perfect Room highlights:
  • TXVerb™ reverb technology: Unique algorithm that enhances natural character & colouration.
  • Zero metallic resonance: Retain the clarity and presence of your lead instruments without metallic cluttering.
  • Completely tight low-end: Add reverb that sounds completely tight when used on low sources like kick-drums, toms, basses & synths.
  • Larger than life mono –> stereo: Create a wide stereo reverb from a mono source without any phase issues.
  • Crazy effects: Built-in Shimmer, Detune & Internal Ducker.
  • Single tracks, busses & mastering: Sounds so balanced you can use it on your whole track during mastering.
  • Perfect for external FX: Used on a bus, you can combine the Perfect Room with all kinds of effects to create character and excitement.
We challenge you!

Go try and compare the Perfect Room with your favourite natural reverb. On the denise website you can download the stems from a track produced by nrec to showcase the Perfect Room and decide for yourself.

Black Friday at denise audio begins now!

• Perfect Room €109 full retail now €34.90 inc vat - £29 / $31.90 ex vat.
• Get our Black Friday plugin Slappy €29 for free with any plugin purchase!
• Complete bundle: All 13 denise plugins for: €199 inc vat - £164 / $182 ex vat. (add the code 'BUNDLE' at the checkout).
• Get any single plugin, except for the Perfect Room & Bad Tape for €17.99 inc vat - £14.90 / $16.39 ex vat.

Head to the Perfect Room page on the denise audio website to see more tips & tricks and grab a copy for yourself: https://www.denise.io/store/denise/PerfectRoom
Last edited by Denise.Audio on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.deniseaudio.com

Sounds very interesting. Indeed very different from other reverbs!
This has been exactly what I'm looking for... soundwise. It's a shame you can't really automate the tails. Seems like it cuts out whenever I change it, and comes back with a click.
Last edited by lwj on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds nice but marketing seems a bit dishonest and that's driving me off. The only reverbs that I know of that sound as bad as the "metallic" examples are freebies. Doesn't seem like a sensible comparison to make.

That was on my mind the whole time.

Maybe really old daw freebie reverbs sound like that, but now in logic, there’s Chromaverb sounds so good and natural.

People are using - valhalla, acon digital verberate 2, relab sonsig, softube tsar, seventh heaven pro etc etc the list goes on and on - NONE of them has that matallic sound. Comparing to the worst of the worst reverbs to make the new reverb seem revolutionary is tacky and based on the assumption that people are stupid but people are not.

Indeed, the "very common algorithmic reverb" in the video example is without a doubt the grottiest sounding verb I've ever heard :D It could be an idea for a plugin in itself...

But the algorithm here sounds pretty good to me and the price is good... so looks to be worth a try :tu:

Loving this. Very impressed by how this sounds! I've already used it on my track.. there's even a subtle instance on my master.

I agree about the marketing - You mean to say everyone has been doing digital reverbs wrong for the past 40+ years, and it took until now until a small plugin company finally figured out how to make a digital reverb that doesn't sound metallic and awful?

That said, the actual reverb sounds nice and smooth. Not sure it sounds significantly better than the myriad of other qualty reverbs available, but it's definitely up there.
Last edited by AdvancedFollower on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The gui on this is pretty stunning. Checking it out now...

I'm still wondering what the split function does though. That doesn't seem to be explained anywhere.

Edit: found it. Mono or stereo input, right?

lwj wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:44 am I'm still wondering what the split function does though. That doesn't seem to be explained anywhere.

Edit: found it. Mono or stereo input, right?
Hi lwj, the split function is explained in the Walkthrough video. It's a stereo/mono button, where the stereo width is controlled by the "width" control. Let me know if you have any more questions though.

Joe
www.deniseaudio.com

ilmai wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:38 am Sounds nice but marketing seems a bit dishonest and that's driving me off. The only reverbs that I know of that sound as bad as the "metallic" examples are freebies. Doesn't seem like a sensible comparison to make.
Hi Ilmai, thanks for your comment. I can't tell you the name of the reverb, but I can say that it's a commonly used one and it's not a freebie.
www.deniseaudio.com

lwj wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:15 am Sounds very interesting. Indeed very different from other reverbs!
This has been exactly what I'm looking for... soundwise. It's a shame you can't really automate the tails. Seems like it cuts out whenever I change it, and comes back with a click.
Hey lwj, thanks for your question. The reason you can't automate the tail is because it would be too draining on the CPU, so the reverb tail doesn't change until after you let go of the mouse.

I hope that answers your question.

Joe
www.deniseaudio.com

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zentatonic wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:33 pm The gui on this is pretty stunning. Checking it out now...
Pleased you like it, zentatonic. :tu:
www.deniseaudio.com

Denise.Audio wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:24 am
lwj wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:15 am Sounds very interesting. Indeed very different from other reverbs!
Hey lwj, thanks for your question. The reason you can't automate the tail is because it would be too draining on the CPU, so the reverb tail doesn't change until after you let go of the mouse.

I hope that answers your question.

Joe
Yeah, I figured it was something like that.. or some kind of limitation with the algorhythm. I'm sure I'll find some creative uses for automating it anyway ;) Actually tried answering your original question yesterday... sounded pretty spacy. :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/lwj/lwj-tunnelvision-contest

Return to “Effects”