CHOW Tape Model by Jatin Chowdhury

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chowdsp wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:53 pm Also just curious why you prefer the raw builds without the installer?
I'm also a big fan of zipped binaries, right now using plugins in VST3 x64 format (Windows).
Thanks for your continuous work Jatin!

Gabriel Garcia wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:37 am
chowdsp wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:53 pm Also just curious why you prefer the raw builds without the installer?
I'm also a big fan of zipped binaries, right now using plugins in VST3 x64 format (Windows).
Thanks for your continuous work Jatin!
+1
However, I have been unpacking the ChowDSP installers with Uniextractor without any problems...

Maybe plain 7zip works too, sometimes it does. Worth trying.

Official 2.9.0 version is out.

Wow, this plugin has come a long way since I started this thread (under my previous KVR account). The latest version includes not only preset-agnostic on- and offline oversampling settings, but also a compression section. Going to use these great new features a lot!

Much thanks to Jatin for being so welcoming to our user suggestions and participating on the forums. You are a legend! Can't wait for version 3!

Kazi7 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:43 pm Wow, this plugin has come a long way since I started this thread (under my previous KVR account).
It's like a criminal going back to the crime scence :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Any chances on an aax?

Kazi7 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:43 pm Wow, this plugin has come a long way since I started this thread (under my previous KVR account). The latest version includes not only preset-agnostic on- and offline oversampling settings, but also a compression section. Going to use these great new features a lot!

Much thanks to Jatin for being so welcoming to our user suggestions and participating on the forums. You are a legend! Can't wait for version 3!
Thanks! A big part of the plugin's journey has been the inspiration and suggestions from folks here on this thread, so thanks much for getting it started :)
kPere wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:57 pm Any chances on an aax?
There is a chance... though it's not really a priority for me at the moment. I did try compiling an AAX a while back and it seemed to work, but I need to look more closely at the requirements for signing and registering the plugin to work in Pro Tools. In the meantime, it should possible to use the plugin inside a "meta-plugin" like Kushview's Element, or Blue Cat's Patchwork, though I haven't actually tested this myself.

Kazi7 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:43 pm under my previous KVR account
The one which got banned you mean?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:30 pm
Kazi7 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:43 pm under my previous KVR account
The one which got banned you mean?
Yes, why?

A drama in three posts! Farewell, formerly banned and banned again.

To the author of these, thank you, I am trying the whole range right now. Keen to see how the Klon digital klone sounds :)

chowdsp wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:23 pm
kPere wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:57 pm Any chances on an aax?
There is a chance... though it's not really a priority for me at the moment. I did try compiling an AAX a while back and it seemed to work, but I need to look more closely at the requirements for signing and registering the plugin to work in Pro Tools. In the meantime, it should possible to use the plugin inside a "meta-plugin" like Kushview's Element, or Blue Cat's Patchwork, though I haven't actually tested this myself.
Thanks for the info. Ill be waiting for sure along with many others Im sure. I need to get my hands on patchwork some day too

For anyone still interested in AAX support, the current nightly builds have an AAX included in the installer: https://chowdsp.com/nightly.html. They've been tested a bit on Mac, not so much yet on Windows. As with nightly builds in general, please remember that they may not be 100% stable!

chowdsp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:56 am For anyone still interested in AAX support, the current nightly builds have an AAX included in the installer: https://chowdsp.com/nightly.html. They've been tested a bit on Mac, not so much yet on Windows. As with nightly builds in general, please remember that they may not be 100% stable!
Ill be happy to let you know if I occur any issues, since im on Windows. Thanks for implementing aax!

Return to “Effects”