Unaspected
KVRian
1186 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:46 am

V0RT3X wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 pm

http://analoguehaven.com/metasonix/f-1/

F-1 Complex Distortion Pedal

ever wondered what would happen if you deliberately destroyed your tube amp? now you can blow it up, every day, all day long. without actually damaging anything.

the f-1 pedal uses a unique vacuum-tube pentode circuit to do something special: it simulates the extreme distortion, parasitic oscillations, and other unique sounds that come from a tube guitar amp that is being overdriven to flaming destruction.

there's only one knob to adjust, and it only needs one knob.

"complex distortion" varies the plate loading on the two pentodes to give asymmetrical distortion, and it varies the feedback effects—all on one knob. a vast cornucopia of sound effects, from mild vacuum-tube warmth to berserk torturous screaming violence, is just a knob-turn away.

it's hand-made, in california, by real people. and there's nothing else even vaguely like the f-1, in any form.

no one else can do it.
That is fantastic for so many reasons. :hihi:

I'm going to have to check that out. It's not cheap but the blurb suggests to expect something nasty.

PTV
KVRAF
2121 posts since 5 Jan, 2006

Re: Looking for the cruelest, harshest distortion plugin

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 am

Unfortunately abandonware and 32-bit only , but Berrtill was one of the cruelest/harshest

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/berrti ... en/details

V0RT3X
KVRAF
8128 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:42 am

Unaspected wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:46 am
V0RT3X wrote:

ever wondered what would happen if you deliberately destroyed your tube amp? now you can blow it up, every day, all day long. without actually damaging anything.

the f-1 pedal uses a unique vacuum-tube pentode circuit to do something special: it simulates the extreme distortion, parasitic oscillations, and other unique sounds that come from a tube guitar amp that is being overdriven to flaming destruction.

"complex distortion" varies the plate loading on the two pentodes to give asymmetrical distortion, and it varies the feedback effects—all on one knob. a vast cornucopia of sound effects, from mild vacuum-tube warmth to berserk torturous screaming violence, is just a knob-turn away.

it's hand-made, in california, by real people. and there's nothing else even vaguely like the f-1, in any form.

no one else can do it.

I'm going to have to check that out. It's not cheap but the blurb suggests to expect something nasty.

Metasonix stuff is crazy good if you like noise.

Definitely worth checking out a few youtube and soundcloud demos.

Tappistry
KVRAF
1558 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Unaspected wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:46 am
V0RT3X wrote:

no one else can do it.

At first glance I thought the brand was MeatSonix and now I'm bummed that it's not. :D

FapFilter
KVRist
249 posts since 29 Oct, 2015

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:28 am

Some of their other pedals names go into that direction.
Judging from their sound demos back then they're good for fart sounds. Of course not sure if this is still the case with this pedal. Would take some listens first before purchase just to make sure this will lead to desired results

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2808 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:18 pm

In no particular order: MBWaveshaper, Ohmicide, DFX polarizer, UA dent/indent, and MBitfun. These are the nastiest ones I can think of.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

V0RT3X
KVRAF
8128 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:22 pm

FapFilter wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:28 am
Judging from their sound demos back then they're good for fart sounds. Of course not sure if this is still the case with this pedal. Would take some listens first before purchase just to make sure this will lead to desired results
:lol:

some of the older stuff was way more noisier and unstable, but i think they did a better job this round with there newer stuff.

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3702 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:15 pm

nobody even mention shattered glass yet. smh.

Unaspected
KVRian
1186 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:45 pm

FapFilter wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:28 am
Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1GyneXuGv8

Farts.

But the audio recording quality was terrible anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHvPVGlFTcM

Could be useful for something doomy? Maybe. Or just something to stomp on whilst the final note of a song is being sustained.

Meh.

I was expecting more. Though, again that was hardly a demo. But those were the only two videos I could find at first glance. I'd like to see JHS demo it. Love that channel.

electro
KVRAF
4592 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:10 pm

- UAD Moog Multimode
- Cytomic Scream
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Cytomic's "the drop" is amazing for distorted beyond recognition sounds. You'll want to crank the gain and use the envelope followers and the filter fm.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:26 pm

The new free waves plugin is pretty good for dirtiness as well.

Return to “Effects”