Why is iLok license manager so SH!T ???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Honestly what a pile of crap. I just got little microshift and it's authorised on my iLok account on the website, but will not transfer to the license manager on the PC.

Soundtoys are a strange company , you have an account one minute, then you don't.

Anyway, anyone else having issues authorising this ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Nope never had issue with ilok or vendor using their product. Personally I prefer ilok to most other security methods

Never had an issue here either. I recall I found the process slightly confusing at first, but everything has worked fine since then.

No, never a problem...

Must be very complicated to drag a license from one place to another with the mouse...

I wish all my plugins were on iLok...

iLok has.worked fine on my systems.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Are you sure you've got it assigned to the right iLok account? Because from here it sounds like you assigned the licence to one iLok account but are signing into the iLok manager on a different one.

never had an issue with ilok and i agree i wish all my protection schemes used the ilok... much simpler imo
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

The software (machine-based) iLok system has worked flawlessly for me. I’ve never owned a dongle.

Sorry to hear. I own multiple plugins from soundtoys. All authorized and work perfectly fine.

rasmusklump wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:08 pm Must be very complicated to drag a license from one place to another with the mouse...

Drag from where to where, smartarse? It's not showing in the manager at all, yet its In the account

Gamma-UT wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:20 pm Are you sure you've got it assigned to the right iLok account? Because from here it sounds like you assigned the licence to one iLok account but are signing into the iLok manager on a different one.
That's what I wondered, but there are 2 other plugins licensed on the same account, and another problem is there are a out 9 others on the license manager and not on my iLok account, so confusing.

when you say account do you mean sound toys account or ilk account, if its in the sound toys account you should have a serial number that you enter into ilk then it downloads the license to where you desire. to add the serial its a button with 3x dots in the top right of the ilk app

EDIT: also go to your account on sound toys and go to

My Account>
View All Individually Licensed Product Installers>
then look at the ilk name its registered too and cross reference it to the ilk sign in on the app

then you may have to click the license if you see it and activate it (right click) to where you want eg dongle or disk
LeVzi wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:42 pm
rasmusklump wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:08 pm Must be very complicated to drag a license from one place to another with the mouse...

Drag from where to where, smartarse? It's not showing in the manager at all, yet its In the account

Yeah i hate iLok
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I love the machine based iLok protection.

Return to “Effects”