[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Perhaps Peter can (if possible) clarify the situation?

Peter, is this plugin simply a collection of IRs taken at Sunset Sound with a few extra controls like pre-delay, HP/LP filters, a low and hi shelf and some pretty pictures? Or is there something else going on here to justify the huge price tag?

I would sincerely hope there is some magic under the hood here we're all missing otherwise it feels like this plugin is being priced simply based on the "Sunset Sound" name.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:38 pm
dickiefunk wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:02 am Not sure what Sunset Sound will bring to the table yet!?
Well, I guess the sound of Sunset Sound Studios! It does seem awfully expensive though.
This is correct. If you don't know the difference between this and a generic algorithmic reverb or why the particular space (and one of a kind chambers you won't find anywhere else but Sunset Sound, using the mics that are likely $5K or so each used and through Sunset's consoles) is sought after, then of course it isn't for you nor will the price make sense. We're not rookies, we did of course do our due analysis and the pricing is in line with what is offered and in the market. I do appreciate some the armchair advice seen here, I'll pass it on to the folks here...

Stringzy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:33 am does IK Multimedia have the balls to pull off Abbey Road rooms?

the answer is no. noway. not in a thousand years. why even bother to ask, it's ridiculous.
I'm sure other studios will be on board (I know they are, actually) so whoever would like to work with us on this will be considered and we have relationships with enough great studios in the world to pull off whoever agrees to. We don't "go guerrilla" and just do it without their consent here, as you see.

On a more positive note combining the above two replies' themes, if (when) there are more, I'll make sure we keep our eyes on the possibility of more of a bundle or similar for the pricing set up. Nothing is set in stone until this is released and anything that follows in the future (anything new will take some time) but it is good to look toward that option to consider the comments regarding pricing concerns.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:25 pm
dickiefunk wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:02 am Not sure what Sunset Sound will bring to the table yet!?
Well, I guess the sound of Sunset Sound Studios! It does seem awfully expensive though.
This is correct. If you don't know the difference between this and a generic algorithmic reverb or why the particular space (and one of a kind chambers you won't find anywhere else but Sunset Sound, using the mics that are likely $5K or so each used and through Sunset's consoles) is sought after, then of course it isn't for you nor will the price make sense. We're not rookies, we did of course do our due analysis and the pricing is in line with what is offered and in the market. I do appreciate some the armchair advice seen here, I'll pass it on to the folks here...
Stop the nonsense Peter. This discussion is not about algorithmic vs convolution. In fact it seems that your reverb is rather a "generic" convolution reverb. Your reverb can not compete in terms of content with less expensive products and in terms of technology with technologically superior convolution approaches. We are not fools, we have a good understanding of the plugin market over here. Your product sucks, especially if we also consider your strange multi gigabyte installer (for one single plugin) and dysfunctional authorization scheme. I rather use a free convolution processor with great free quality impulse.

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:55 pm
Stop the nonsense Peter. This discussion is not about algorithmic vs convolution. In fact it seems that your reverb is rather a "generic" convolution reverb. Your reverb can not compete in terms of content with less expensive products and in terms of technology with technologically superior convolution approaches. We are not fools, we have a good understanding of the plugin market over here. Your product sucks, especially if we also consider your strange multi gigabyte installer (for one single plugin) and dysfunctional authorization scheme. I rather use a free convolution processor with great free quality impulse.
That's not fair. You can't just say "this product sucks", it isn't even out yet. :shrug: In fact, I'm sure it'll be very good, and I for one am keen to see more in a series. I just wouldn't pay $250 each, but we all know we just need to be patient and at some stage we'll be able to get in group buy or something.

If you don't know the difference between this and a generic algorithmic reverb
Humbug, we know about convolution and we know that it doesn't make plugins expensive.

Convolution reverb is linear, so any saturation mojo from those 5k mics and fancy desk is lost (or turns up as an inappropriate artifact). I have no doubt that an equivalent set of impulses could have been obtained with a few AKG C414XL and some digital EQ.

If you don't know the difference between this and a generic algorithmic reverb
Valhalla Vintage Verb - in your estimation a "generic algorithmic reverb" -- 50 bucks.

Sunset Sound T-RackS - Impulse Responses with a famous studio name stuck on -- 250 bucks.

See, I know exactly what the difference is, one is an amazing & versatile algorithmic reverb that costs almost nothing, and the other is an IR collection that you're branding with "Sunset Sound", charging a ridiculous price for, and simply hoping people will drink your Kool Aid.

Seriously, what magic are we supposed to believe is going on here? Impulse Responses are Impulse Responses -- everybody here understands this technology, it's not new. What magic are you hinting at that makes your IRs worth 250 bucks?

The only reason Altiverb costs so much is because they travelled the world and grabbed IRs from a zillion places. And even then, I think it's highly over-priced in the current market.

You sampled one place and want to charge half the price of Altiverb.

But again, because "special unstated IK magic" we're supposed to believe you that this is Different Better Just Trust Me It's Worth It?

again: hard pass.

Asking 250 bucks for a bunch of random studio IRs is just insane. I could buy a full blown DAW with that money.

... or upgrade your Waves WUP. :lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

And now I'm kind of thinking that if you're interested in this concept, spend a bit more and get Altiverb 7 Regular... Altiverb is very expensive though.

Check over at Gearslutz they seem to get what I was saying without me having to say it.

As in this thread ? https://www.gearslutz.com/board/namm-20 ... paces.html

If so the post sharing the most 'thumbed up' reply appears to share the same concerns as in here too:
Sorry not understanding. But what is different from any good IR plugin? You can’t change position or any room specific parameter? Is it the GUI and the image of the room? And again. Sorry for not understanding. But need to know what is unique with this since I have Altiverb and REmatrix that I use daily.
The rest of the replies just being "OMG cant wait to try!!!111"

mcbpete wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:16 pm The rest of the replies just being "OMG cant wait to try!!!111"
The people from IK are posting also, for obvious reasons :D
HM

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:01 am Check over at Gearslutz they seem to get what I was saying without me having to say it.
Being cryptic is the hallmark of a stellar company rep....

Return to “Effects”