Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
26968 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:32 am

Ploki wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:43 am
Aloysius wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:05 am

<annoying long scroll space>
Can you not?
:hihi:
Hi-de-Hi!

Elektronisch
Banned
3902 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:45 am

Aloysius wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:26 pm
I think you might even get it a little cheaper than 58 at Audiodeluxe with the YNY23 Code.
Think about that, you need it or dont, you dont save any money because you still in the end spend it. That little cheaper then 58 still goes out of your pocket. Its only a "saving" if you are intending to buy this in the future because you actually need it, and you know there wount be such big sale for a very long time. But knowing Waves they do sales occasionaly. So if you arent gonna use it now, keep in mind, you are wasting your money :)

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
26968 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:50 am

My GAS problem is cured. Thanks! :)
Hi-de-Hi!

Elektronisch
Banned
3902 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:03 am

Aloysius wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:50 am
My GAS problem is cured. Thanks! :)
Your welcome! :)

Don't forget this life rule: cheap/inexpensive or not, money still goes out of your pocket, not someone elses :-D

User avatar
oonabe
KVRist
113 posts since 15 Dec, 2019

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:09 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:45 am
Think about that, you need it or dont, you dont save any money because you still in the end spend it. That little cheaper then 58 still goes out of your pocket. Its only a "saving" if you are intending to buy this in the future because you actually need it, and you know there wount be such big sale for a very long time. But knowing Waves they do sales occasionaly. So if you arent gonna use it now, keep in mind, you are wasting your money :)
I agree to this, but do you people know how often does Waves do sales? Do you think this plugin is going to be much cheaper than it is now at $69?

I am trying to cure my GAS problem too but at the same time I've set a goal to write a song every month and finally become more productive and effects like this are essential for my composition process... so now I am in a dilemma between my GAS problem and my productivity wishes :cry:

Elektronisch
Banned
3902 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 am

oonabe wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:09 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:45 am
Think about that, you need it or dont, you dont save any money because you still in the end spend it. That little cheaper then 58 still goes out of your pocket. Its only a "saving" if you are intending to buy this in the future because you actually need it, and you know there wount be such big sale for a very long time. But knowing Waves they do sales occasionaly. So if you arent gonna use it now, keep in mind, you are wasting your money :)
I agree to this, but do you people know how often does Waves do sales? Do you think this plugin is going to be much cheaper than it is now at $69?

I am trying to cure my GAS problem too but at the same time I've set a goal to write a song every month and finally become more productive and effects like this are essential for my composition process... so now I am in a dilemma between my GAS problem and my productivity wishes :cry:
Are you 100% sure? you have 7 day demo, try to write a song in that time, when inspiration hits, song "bones" or arrangement (whatever you call it) can be made just in few hours :)

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
26968 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:31 am

Translation: Hours = Years

... can be made just in few Years
Hi-de-Hi!

User avatar
oonabe
KVRist
113 posts since 15 Dec, 2019

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:34 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 am
Are you 100% sure? you have 7 day demo, try to write a song in that time, when inspiration hits, song "bones" or arrangement (whatever you call it) can be made just in few hours :)
Yes, I am sure. The thing is that I work with vocaloid for several reasons but I want to use it in a different way as it is mostly used and the kind of effects this plugin brings is perfect for what I am searching for.

I already own Vocal Synth 2 by iZotope but it lacks some features and the sound quality is far from what I listen in these demos. I will definitely buy it, but if it's going to go down to $29 I think it's worth the wait. If I am only going to save 15 or 20 dollars for then it's not worth waiting in my personal balance.

Elektronisch
Banned
3902 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:41 am

oonabe wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:34 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 am
Are you 100% sure? you have 7 day demo, try to write a song in that time, when inspiration hits, song "bones" or arrangement (whatever you call it) can be made just in few hours :)
Yes, I am sure. The thing is that I work with vocaloid for several reasons but I want to use it in a different way as it is mostly used and the kind of effects this plugin brings is perfect for what I am searching for.

I already own Vocal Synth 2 by iZotope but it lacks some features and the sound quality is far from what I listen in these demos. I will definitely buy it, but if it's going to go down to $29 I think it's worth the wait. If I am only going to save 15 or 20 dollars for then it's not worth waiting in my personal balance.
Dont you think that if you already have Vocal Synth 2 you shouldve already been utilizing it in the same way?

What features Ovox has that there is a big advantage ? :) i did demoed ovox (i also have vocal synth2), its not bad, its good in fact, but there was nothing extraordinary different for the purposes im using vocal synth, in fact, vocal synth 2 has more variety of modules which gives more use (at least to me) :)

Elektronisch
Banned
3902 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:45 am

Aloysius wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:31 am
Translation: Hours = Years

... can be made just in few Years
haha well thats something a producer has to grow out if he is serious about what he is doing (at least in my point of view) :D

User avatar
oonabe
KVRist
113 posts since 15 Dec, 2019

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:00 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:41 am
Dont you think that if you already have Vocal Synth 2 you shouldve already been utilizing it in the same way?

What features Ovox has that there is a big advantage ? :) i did demoed ovox (i also have vocal synth2), its not bad, its good in fact, but there was nothing extraordinary different for the purposes im using vocal synth, in fact, vocal synth 2 has more variety of modules which gives more use (at least to me) :)
Well, I couldn't use it in the same way when features are missing. For me the most important ones are the included arpeggiator, the possibility to assign LFO or sequences on parameters, to personalize chords and trigger them only on chosen notes... I can't use vocal synth 2 in that way without having to use external settings, and as I use vocaloid through piapro this can become even more difficult or maybe even impossible

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
26968 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:57 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:45 am
Aloysius wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:31 am
Translation: Hours = Years

... can be made just in few Years
haha well thats something a producer has to grow out if he is serious about what he is doing (at least in my point of view) :D
I'm learning so much though. The journey can be even more interesting than the destination imho.
Hi-de-Hi!

kelvyn
KVRian
1104 posts since 9 Mar, 2008 from netherlands

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:22 am

For those of you with Waves plugins... check your updates page. I updated to the Inspire bundle - I already had everything except two things in the bundle - and got Ovox for $45.
It's a lot better than Izotope's Vocal Synth 2 and a lot more flexible.

burnt circuit
Banned
142 posts since 15 Jan, 2020

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:33 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:41 am
oonabe wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:34 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 am
Are you 100% sure? you have 7 day demo, try to write a song in that time, when inspiration hits, song "bones" or arrangement (whatever you call it) can be made just in few hours :)
Yes, I am sure. The thing is that I work with vocaloid for several reasons but I want to use it in a different way as it is mostly used and the kind of effects this plugin brings is perfect for what I am searching for.

I already own Vocal Synth 2 by iZotope but it lacks some features and the sound quality is far from what I listen in these demos. I will definitely buy it, but if it's going to go down to $29 I think it's worth the wait. If I am only going to save 15 or 20 dollars for then it's not worth waiting in my personal balance.
Dont you think that if you already have Vocal Synth 2 you shouldve already been utilizing it in the same way?

What features Ovox has that there is a big advantage ? :) i did demoed ovox (i also have vocal synth2), its not bad, its good in fact, but there was nothing extraordinary different for the purposes im using vocal synth, in fact, vocal synth 2 has more variety of modules which gives more use (at least to me) :)
As we're dealing with the audio world, it all comes down to sound, the resynthesis engine and how much clearer and precise it is on the original source, plus live low latency recording. The automation structure, the effects order, the multiple voice morphing and everything else that is also new and innovative to a vocal effects plugin is just the icing on the cake. Waves is the leader in innovation, everyone already knows this, they just need to hear it for themselves with a demo of the plugin.
It's not the quality of audio, it's the quality of production that matters.

Ploki
KVRAF
1657 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Re: Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:06 pm

burnt circuit wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:33 am

As we're dealing with the audio world, it all comes down to sound, the resynthesis engine and how much clearer and precise it is on the original source, plus live low latency recording. The automation structure, the effects order, the multiple voice morphing and everything else that is also new and innovative to a vocal effects plugin is just the icing on the cake. Waves is the leader in innovation, everyone already knows this, they just need to hear it for themselves with a demo of the plugin.
:lol: really?
what was the last thing waves "innovated"? The L2 limiter I reckon

Return to “Effects”