SoundToys Microshift alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Real ADT & Ubermod are great alternatives.
You are currently reading my signature.

Unfiltered Audios Fault has pitch & Freq shifting with delay so maybe worth a try? Usually a cheap copy in sell & buy and no ilok.

Let me also throw in another one, not mentioned before & with pretty good Quality.

https://www.auburnsounds.com/products/Graillon.html
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

djanthonyw wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:23 am Real ADT & Ubermod are great alternatives.
Reel ADT? The point of Reel ADT is that it's a chorus like thingie (modulated delay line with pitch mod as consequence), i'm looking for constant pitch shift with constant delay.
Ubermod i think is the same
yeah this is the one that seems the best so far
El°HYM wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:21 am Let me also throw in another one, not mentioned before & with pretty good Quality.

https://www.auburnsounds.com/products/Graillon.html
isn't this one autotune/pitch correction?

It is & also a Pitch - Shifter. So depends on how you use it; there is a free - version to try out, first. Yet, the 'Stillwellaudio' might already seem like the perfect Match! :tu:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

djanthonyw wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:23 am Real ADT & Ubermod are great alternatives.
Neither of them do pitch-shifting, so it's not quite the same...
Last edited by jens on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

GaryG wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:59 am Unfiltered Audios Fault has pitch & Freq shifting with delay so maybe worth a try? Usually a cheap copy in sell & buy and no ilok.
The pitch shifter only does semi-tunes, so the frequency shifter it would have to be, however personally i never managed to get close to Microshift with Fault (I own both, but hate ILok and wish to get away from it)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

If you deactivate "Qauntize" on the Fault pitch shifter, that turns of the whole-number semi-tone mode. Sounds like smooth pitch change when I do that.

It shows semitones in tenths, then, so I'm not sure if it is still stepping--can't quite hear it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Well, when I put LFO on it, low frequency, I think I do still hear tiny steps.
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wormhole has pitch jumping in semi-tone steps (not sure how to turn that off), but when I put an LFO on it (Ableton Live, Max for Live), the pitch shift control shows changes in hundredths. Sounds smooth, too.

Reel ADT is not a pitch shifter, but it does what most people use Microshift for... a good chorus effect.

"Reel ADT puts the magic of that era in your hands within seconds. Using its intuitive controls, you can advance or delay the doubled signal to achieve genuine, lush-sounding delay and pitch variations. You can also drive each of the signals separately to add beautiful tape saturations.

How ADT Was Invented

When working on ‘Tomorrow never Knows’, John Lennon complained about the tedious task of recording a doubled vocal take—a technique that was widely used in those days to boost and enrich vocal parts. He needed to match the second take as closely as possible to the lead take, which took considerable time and effort on his part. In response, Abbey Road technical engineer Ken Townsend came up with ADT. Townsend understood that to achieve a natural-sounding effect, simply applying a different EQ or compression would not do; worse, it would create phasing problems. What he needed was a process that would alter the timbre, time and pitch of the vocal take. He realized that changing the tape speed back and forth would create all those effects simultaneously."

If you're looking for something that allows for constant pitch change that's good quality try VoicePitcher from Toneboosters. There's also Manipulator from Polyverse.
Last edited by djanthonyw on Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are currently reading my signature.

I have to check the microshift demo, but it doesn’t say anywhere that it modulates the pitch (what happens with reel adt and similar when you modulate time - pitch varies)
I can do that with ff timeless2 i already have.
Stillwell CMX introduces a fixed shift (separate L/R) + fixed delay (so a pitch shifted Haas effect / doubler)
Varying delay will vary pitch in a way that will cross original every now and then.

MDoubleTracker and MUnison are also worth checking out:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MUnison
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MDoubleTracker

and you may know that everything eventually gets the 50% discount sooner or later (MUnison happens to be right now).

You can get additional discounts on top of the 50% by:
signing up to the newsletter = 10 Euro off
using my referral code MELDA1048575 = 20% off

I don't know if the two can be combined.

Eventide UltraChannel has the OG microshift built in :)

Sometimes it's on sale for next to nothing. I'd check that out before any of the others, IMO. Seriously underrated plug, IMO!

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... trachannel

Return to “Effects”